Options

Upcoming horror films 2012

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
Forum Member
http://www.movieweb.com/movies/2012/horror

just glanced at this page, but cabin in the woods looks good :D..bring on the horrors :D

Comments

• Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for halloween 3,texas chainsaw massacre 3d,piranha 3dd,childs play,scary movie 5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to The Woman in Black and The Innkeepers. Might possibly check out Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D and Dark Shadows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Prometheus, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, and maybe Ghostbusters 3.

I'm not so sure about Halloween 3D since I haven't loved the previous two films. I don't hate them. but I don't think they are really giving something fresh or valuable to the Halloween franchise :sleep:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halloween 3D - the scariest thing about this is that (a) it is likely to be done by the same "team" who did the terrible "My Bloody Valentine 3D" and (b) it follows on straight from Rob Zombies rather dismal Halloween II.

That said, I will reserve judgement until I have seen it, but in reality, those two facts alone doesn't bode well.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the Abraham Lincoln one the most on that list, and I think Mother's Day is out already. I know there's a film out with that name, different cover though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a different mothers day?Ones im looking forward to are..

Jeepers creepers 3
    Prometheus
    Cabin in the woods
    Stephen Kings IT remake,scheduled for this year but havnt heard anything else about it since last xmas lol apparently the script was shown to several different directors but who really knows.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    Is that a different mothers day?Ones im looking forward to are..

Jeepers creepers 3
    Prometheus
    Cabin in the woods
    Stephen Kings IT remake,scheduled for this year but havnt heard anything else about it since last xmas lol apparently the script was shown to several different directors but who really knows.

Has JC3 finally been made? They're always talking about it....
  • Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Juan of the Dead Trailer :D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to The Woman in Black and The Innkeepers. Might possibly check out Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D and Dark Shadows.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this too. The Cabin in The Woods looks SH!T!!!!!
  • Options
    tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    The Devil Inside, not due here untill April. Looks damn scary to me.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I like the lloks of

Prometheus - Sounds epicly good and more towards the original alien movies then the latter ones. On e of my top 3 movies to see opf 2012 (The other two being The Avengers and The Hobbit)
    The Cabin in the Woods - Hopefully good things with Weedon behind it.
    Ghostbusters 3 - Been a long time coming
    Abraham Lincoln: vampire hunter - The premise alone intrigues me
    The Innkeepers - I've missed a good haunting horror (besides PA)

I am definately not lloking forward to ANYTHING with 3D in the title, sequels to remakes and any of the Resident Evil Movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    PA4 just been announced over past few days.

Liking the look of Cabin in the Woods.

Will probably so see TCM 3D as well, maybe Halloween 3 as it can't be any worse than either of Zombie's 'efforts'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pauldowney wrote: »
    PA4 just been announced over past few days.

Liking the look of Cabin in the Woods.

Will probably so see TCM 3D as well, maybe Halloween 3 as it can't be any worse than either of Zombie's 'efforts'.

What's PA4?
  • Options
    tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Paranormal Activity 4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinshed wrote: »
    Paranormal Activity 4

Cheers :)
  • Options
    Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    I'm only looking forward to The Lords of Salem, most of the others are either in 3D or a CGI fest. I'm sure there will be some very watchable ones though.

I would have loves to have seen TCM but the 3D has put me right off, Maybe king Bill Mosley will tempt me though lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any out in January?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Has JC3 finally been made? They're always talking about it....

No not yet i just checked,its been moved to 2013 as well,theres a few lines of the plot which reads

Trish Jenner is now a mother of a teenage son named Darry, named after the brother she lost 23 years ago. Trish has a recurring nightmare where her son suffers the same fate as her brother did, killed by the Creeper. Determined to prevent this from happening, Trish, who is now a rich and powerful woman, sets out on a final quest with Jack Taggart Sr. and Jr. to end the Creeper's reign of terror once and for all.

Sounds better than the second one already lol theres also supposed to be a prologue in the old west,dont know if its true though.

Ps Eduble Underworld awakening is out this jan ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    No not yet i just checked,its been moved to 2013 as well,theres a few lines of the plot which reads

Trish Jenner is now a mother of a teenage son named Darry, named after the brother she lost 23 years ago. Trish has a recurring nightmare where her son suffers the same fate as her brother did, killed by the Creeper. Determined to prevent this from happening, Trish, who is now a rich and powerful woman, sets out on a final quest with Jack Taggart Sr. and Jr. to end the Creeper's reign of terror once and for all.

Sounds better than the second one already lol theres also supposed to be a prologue in the old west,dont know if its true though.

Ps Eduble Underworld awakening is out this jan ;)

Cheers :) been waiting for that for ages.

Looked up innkeepers and the salem one they both look good! Why are they re-releasing Mothers day?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if they will ever do a hill have eyes 3?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Why are they re-releasing Mothers day?

They aren't. While it came out in the UK and other parts of the world last year, it never managed to find a US distributor until quite recently, it's finally being released in the US in May. The link in the first post is listing upcoming film to be released in the US (although i question the lists validity considering that Ghostbusters 3 is pretty much DOA until Bill Murray says otherwise...don't get your hopes up for that one anytime soon folks! It definitely wont be released in 2012!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    Wonder if they will ever do a hill have eyes 3?

Cant see it happening, fox atomic got shut down a few years ago,theres always the unofficial part 3 called mind ripper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    They aren't. While it came out in the UK and other parts of the world last year, it never managed to find a US distributor until quite recently, it's finally being released in the US in May. The link in the first post is listing upcoming film to be released in the US (although i question the lists validity considering that Ghostbusters 3 is pretty much DOA until Bill Murray says otherwise...don't get your hopes up for that one anytime soon folks! It definitely wont be released in 2012!).

Ok cheers :) I thought Mothers day was one of the best films of last year.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Ghostbusters 3 definitely isn't coming out in 2012, if ever.Wouldn't surprise me if the longtime rumoured sequel was turned into a live action TV series. The idea of a new team taking over defintely feels more suited to television than anything.

I also have my doubts we'll see another Halloween until 2013 as it hasn't even gone in to production yet, or has any actors attached to the project. Dimension FIlms seems uncertain where to take the franchise.
    Nik01 wrote: »
    I would have loves to have seen TCM but the 3D has put me right off, Maybe king Bill Mosley will tempt me though lol

The spoilers on the plot that I've read makes it seem quite laughable, but not in a good way. I think it will be more Chainsaw Massacre 3 and Next Generation than anything, only with late 2000's level gore. You're hero Rob would have suited this belated sequel.

My prediction is it will sink at the box office (too niche) and Lionsgate will move back to their lucrative Saw franchise.
  • Options
    The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a few more :)

Dario Argento's Dracula
    The Evil Dead (remake)
    Rob Zombie's The Lords of Salem
    The Barrens