Options

2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    To the surprise of no one, the series 7 part 2 dvd release has been bumped from May 20th to May 27th.

Guess they realized the risk of The Name of the Doctor leaking was kinda high.

That was probably a wise move on their part. I don't know why they were cutting it so close anyways.

Do other people purchase the separate parts or do they wait until the Complete Series is out as I do?
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    that's fine mate, thanks :D
    Wander if BBC worldwide know about this problem, but like you said, it's not that much of a major deal.

I think they're probably more worried about the leak of "Underwater Menace" 2!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »
    I think they're probably more worried about the leak of "Underwater Menace" 2!

Yeah, by my counting, this will be the only existing Classic Doctor Who episode which will not have been released by the end of this year. But I figure that we will probably see it with the missing episodes animated next year (hopefully they will do this to The Crusade as well).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Theophile wrote: »
    Yeah, by my counting, this will be the only existing Classic Doctor Who episode which will not have been released by the end of this year. But I figure that we will probably see it with the missing episodes animated next year (hopefully they will do this to The Crusade as well).

I think TUM episode *was* going to go on "The Moonbase" DVD, but they then decided to do a stand-alone release of it (with the other 2 episodes animated), but the leak will probably see the sales for TUM much lowered - I mean, the newly found episode is really what everyone was waiting to see (not some bloody animations), but within a day or so of today everybody has gonna have seen it!
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To each his own, to each his own. :) However, I thought that my name alone would have been an indicator of my views. (And, yes, that is actually my first name as it was my grandfather's name.)

No, your name means nothing to us in England, I've never heard it before. (And just because you were named something as a baby doesn't mean that you would grow up to have certain views, apart from the parental / family / peers influence of course - although as I said, I do not share my parents views.) (Sorry, way off topic, so my last post on the matter.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think TUM episode *was* going to go on "The Moonbase" DVD, but they then decided to do a stand-alone release of it (with the other 2 episodes animated), but the leak will probably see the sales for TUM much lowered - I mean, the newly found episode is really what everyone was waiting to see (not some bloody animations), but within a day or so of today everybody has gonna have seen it!

I do not think this is correct. Why animate Moonbase (2 episodes survive / 2 missing) and not animate Underwater Menace (also 2 episodes survive / 2 missing) - completely illogical. (Where has UM been leaked, I haven't seen this news?) And what on earth is wrong with "bloody animations"? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do not think this is correct. Why animate Moonbase (2 episodes survive / 2 missing) and not animate Underwater Menace (also 2 episodes survive / 2 missing) - completely illogical. (Where has UM been leaked, I haven't seen this news?) And what on earth is wrong with "bloody animations"? :confused:

It's on thebox.bz

As for the animation question - because Moonbase is a much better story. UM is crap!
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member

I'm happy to wait for the bloody animations :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on thebox.bz

Thanks! :D Hope sales of the DVD aren't affected too much, but it will serve BBC Worldwide right if they are for taking so long to release the DVD (over two years ffs!!).
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Paul Vanezis has been quoted as saying:
    The Restoration Team are not working on a lost Troughton and readying it for release. In fact, at the moment, nothing is being worked on, on the DW front.

on Tuesday. Something must be amiss!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on thebox.bz

As for the animation question - because Moonbase is a much better story. UM is crap!

And since when have crap stories not been released on DVD?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I'm happy to wait for the bloody animations :)

Me too! :)
  • Options
    Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there anywhere to watch it online without having to sign up to anything?
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might not be worried about Underwater Menace leaking, but they could be worried that a torrent site has episodes 12 and 13 listed
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Things often leak after a torrent. Leaves a lot of things underwater. Bit of a menace really :D
  • Options
    Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://thebox.bz/details.php?id=230005 underwater menace for anyone who wants to watch it. (how do i download it?)
  • Options
    slider28slider28 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    http://thebox.bz/details.php?id=230005 underwater menace for anyone who wants to watch it. (how do i download it?)

Page Unavailable.. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! :D Hope sales of the DVD aren't affected too much, but it will serve BBC Worldwide right if they are for taking so long to release the DVD (over two years ffs!!).

They have had a _lot_ of stuff in the queue. Also, they have been working on the animation for Reign of Terror, The Tenth Planet, The Ice Warriors and Moonbase. The Underwater Menace, The Crusade and (hopefully) the rest all have to wait their turn for the animation to be done. It all takes time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very happy to wait for (and pay for) the animations myself. :):):) If they animate all of the missing stuff, I will gladly, gladly, gladly pay for all of those episodes on DVD. As an odd side note question, if they animated stuff like Marco Polo (which is missing all of it's episodes), is there any reason not to do it in HD and release it on Blu-Ray?

P.S. You are absolutely correct, my name, etc. is very off-topic, so this will be my final mention of it as well. :) It is French, so I figured that you may have run into it (being so close to France, etc.), however I always forget just how uncommon (rare?) it is. (I am Cajun - born in New Orleans, Louisiana, so my heritage is French, hence the name.) Anyways, the prefix Theo = God (Theocracy, etc.) and the suffix Phile = Lover of (Audiophile, etc.). Hence, Theophile = Lover of God. :)
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just a race horse inspired by my childhood nickname.
  • Options
    nfitznfitz Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    slider28 wrote: »
    Perhaps your not logged into that site ... whatever that site is ... never heard of it ...
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The box is a private torrent site you need to register for first and be expected to keep within ratio rules on... but we cannot speak of these things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm just a Marc Bolan fan stuck in Texas. Given the name "Slider".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just a Marc Bolan fan stuck in Texas. Given the name "Slider".

Sweet! I am in Lubbock, where are you?

On topic: Do we have any more confirmed dates for the US?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sweet! I am in Lubbock, where are you?

On topic: Do we have any more confirmed dates for the US?

Castroville, Texas... 15 Mins West of San Antonio...