Doctor Who: The Caretaker - 28/09/14 (BBC One/HD - 8.30pm) Episode Discussion

DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
Forum Member
✭✭
Time for tomorrow, it's time to Start discussing tomorrow's show.

What did you think of the episode? 506 votes

Excellent
29% 150 votes
Good
36% 186 votes
Average
16% 86 votes
Poor
12% 63 votes
Very Poor
4% 21 votes

Comments

• LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually really excited about this one. And my excitement has increased as the week has gone on. I have a good feeling about it. the clip released yesterday really improved my optimism.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Should be good - I loved Danny's quote from the trailer. His face was a picture when he found out that the Doctor is an alien!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skovox?

Oh good, another alien with an 'x' in the name.

It must be the most prevalent consonant in the Univerxe.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked The Doctor's entrance in the trailer, introducing himself as the caretaker, quietly spoken.
    I've actually seen Peter Capaldi once, he asked me a question but he didn't want my help at the time.:D
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,507
    Administrator
    testd
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,507
    Administrator
    test 2

edit: there we go - enjoy the show all!
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    testd

Glitch in the system?? :confused:

If this isn't the episode introducing Danny as a companion then I'm going to be so very disappointed :(:blush:
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol Ive not seen the mods do 'test' posts before! Well thanks to them anyway for pinning the thread ready for tonight's show.
    I hope its a good one, silentNate it looks like the one Danny becomes a companion, we shall have to see though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if The Doctor will have a little office/cupboard for his caretaking stuff.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    I wonder if The Doctor will have a little office/cupboard for his caretaking stuff.:D

If he does he is likely to park the TARDIS in there!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote:
    If he does he is likely to park the TARDIS in there!:D
    :D

Could be an awkward place for a Tardis, someone could walk in unexpectedly :o
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't watch it live :-(. Thank God for TiVo!
    Bloody family wanting my attention, don't they know it's Doctor Who day!?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »

We'll blame this week's ratings crisis on you :p
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    We'll blame this week's ratings crisis on you :p

Listen's must have been my fault for the same reason then :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »

Thats a shame, watching live, I dont know, but I kind of think it adds some kind of atmosphere. Good job you do have the TiVo though, I have the old Sky + HD just in case! ;-)
    Hopefully next week the family will let you watch live in peace!
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have high hopes for this episode but I'm hoping to be proved wrong. It sounds like it is going to be another Clara centric episode with the monster being the B plot.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here comes yet another rehashed story....School Reunion Pt2 anyone?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am rather excited about this one....sounds like fun. The Doctor, two teachers and Coal Hill School. Worked quite well last time. :D

Here we go again. See you on the other side. (And I don't mean ITV.)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah it's Remembrance of the Daleks Pt 2.

In that the Doctor interviewed for the Job as Caretaker at Coal Hill School now in Part 2 he has got the Job.
  • soopytwistsoopytwist Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Half seven is the ideal time for Doctor Who. I've got better things to do later, yes I could record it but I can't really be bothered to set it so I think I'm done with Doctor Who. None of the stories so far this series have been particularity great and the new theme tune is awful. Nothing against Peter, he's an excellent Doctor, but I'm through.

The BBC clearly don't care about it so neither do I anymore.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soopytwist wrote: »
    Half seven is the ideal time for Doctor Who. I've got better things to do later, yes I could record it but I can't really be bothered to set it so I think I'm done with Doctor Who. None of the stories so far this series have been particularity great and the new theme tune is awful. Nothing against Peter, he's an excellent Doctor, but I'm through.

Yet cared enough to explain your reasons why your don't care....

Anyways aside from the 'its on too late', 'I don't know how to press the record button' and 'i won't watch because of its theme tune' replies to this thread, it should be a good standalone episode that links parts of the arcs and the attitude of this Doctor.

Also be interesting to see this Doctor in a full episode in our time and on Earth, the last five episodes have taken place mostly (for the plot arc involving the Doctor) either in the past, future or on another planet.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why is that? Because The Doctor is working in a school?

I'm guessing so. Of course School Reunion had something a bit more important to focus on..
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    First time watching since "Into the Dalek", though I did enjoy "Time Heist", but I only watched the leak. I no longer wish to waste time watching the show but since this is the first story that hasn't been leaked, I guess none of us know what we're expecting.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it will probably be more like The Lodger Pt 2 (or The Lodger Pt3 if you counted Closing Time as The Lodger Pt2)
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soopytwist wrote: »

You'll be back. "Fans" like you always come back if only to complain. It's happened before and it'll keep happening forever.