Is Frankie underrated?

Comments

• J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie is my current favourite - although I like Pixie, Caroline and Jake too. I like Kevin too, yes he can be a bit OTT sometimes but I just put it down to over enthusiasm.
    All their dances so far have been either my favourite of the week or at least second. I agree that she has a quiet personality (nothing wrong with that imo) she is obviously happy and enjoying herself.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I felt she deserved a ➒ or two on Saturday.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie is good but so are Caroline and Pixie. At the moment we can enjoy them all without really having to pick a favorite.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    She has been fairly marked apart from the week just gone in my opinion. I thought she was under marked with her foxtrot.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - she's seen as being in the vanguard of top celeb dancers.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    bendymixer wrote: »
    besides the Paso Frankie hasn't been given a showstopper in either music or theme but as just got on with what they have been given and put in solid performances. I know it is not the popular thing to say on here with the so called many 'experts' but Kevin is a solid professional and his choreography for me is always correct the foxtrot had great content and many fellow pro teachers and dancers were saying so at the weekend. btw he has never been to a stage school in his life - parents school just a dance school.

hopefully they will be given decent music and theme soon like some are getting every week

I too am a fan of Kevin and his somewhat traditional ballroom choreography. I don't think he was to blame at all for the ridiculous music and theme meted out for the Charleston and, as bendy says, the FT had good content. However, I did think, given her experience and talent, Frankie's top line on Saturday was shocking and that should be a teaching fundamental. Frankie reminds me a lot of Rachel Stevens - technically, I don't find her as polished yet but she has the same self contained personality which doesn't necessarily get noticed, pleasant and pretty as she is. I did prefer Kevin's partnership with Susanna last year, if I'm honest. There was more spark.
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    She is basically the definition of bland and dull

I think she's lovely and has winning potential. I love a dark horse in the competition. That description does fit Simon well though :) He's so wooden.
  • BricksyBricksy Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I think she is gorgeous, charming and I like her dancing. I though she was fierce in the Paso Doble and it's my favourite dance of the series so far (but then West Side Story is my favourite musical).
  • Bigvern04Bigvern04 Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    She's a very good dancer. Unfortunately for her I think her obvious ability will have had a background in her performing career and although she's not had "classical" training, she practices and performs routines day in day out.

Same with Pixie and same with Simon.

For this reason I hope they are not in the final two (which currently I hope will be Caroline and Jake).

This isn't to say I don't like them or their dances, I do!
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I just find her very forgettable sorry :blush::blush:...........by the end of the night, I forget that she was even on..until I count the number of couples and I say " wait a min ", Im pretty sure that Im forgetting someone :blush:

She is a great dancer though and seems like a lovely girl but they just bore me.....sorry..... :blush:

The only dance of them that I really liked was their Paso :)

But you don't find that with any other couples?
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She s forgettable
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in my opinion it was a shocking jive...wrong rythm or not, wrong song or not.

It just looked manic and ludicrious to me.;-)

It did to me, too, at the time. I have since begun to wonder whether they thought the song would be sung at it's normal tempo, instead of ...... what we got ...... and so they choreographed/danced accordingly.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glinny wrote: »
    There is no question Feankie has dancing ability but I find her performances very bland, insipid and lack lustre. There is no real passion comes across as all very nice!

Pixie's performances comes across to me as very desperate and false. Her crying the other week at the end of her dance was very over acted in my opinion.

Caroline I look forward to seeing what and how she is going to perform each week.
    I was very surprised at how well she has done in the show. Was not expecting to see her have that amount of dancing ability.

I like Caroline but it's no surprise to me at all she has dance ability and she's doing well on strictly - she took part in 'Dancing with wheels' and learnt some of the dance styles on there - she won with her partner on that show. Basically all 3 female front runners have dance experience in one form or another - which I don't mind at all - I think it makes for a better, more competitive show - last year we had the unedifying sight of Natalie being torn to shreds in the media because of her dance training - so at least it's not just one contestant that's coming under fire. I'd also say that Caroline has the added advantage that she has more training time available as she seems to have a less busy schedule than Pixie and Frankie.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I just find her very forgettable sorry :blush::blush:.....//////

Well, I don't think I could ever forget this performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDotUnHm14
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    True dat. I've also been around long enough to remember a time when nobody had a good word to say about the now-sainted Natalie. Glad it's changed. ;-)

Oh yes, I remember when she was paired with Ricky and Scott how this forum couldn't stand her.

Her turning point was being given a bad celeb to show she could teach - usually it's the other way round these day ie a Pro can't prove themselves until they have a goodie.

Although weirdly Trent is being given a hard time as he has it easy (bit like Natalie) whereas Tristan is for some reason getting bigged up for verry little.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    I think she's lovely and has winning potential. I love a dark horse in the competition. That description does fit Simon well though :) He's so wooden.

Someone who has topped the leaderboard and is in the top 3 to win on the odds isn't a dark horse.

The dark house would probably go to Mark if he continues at the same level he kept on Sunday. Or in fact Steve who despite not being totally known seems to have won viewers over with her personality and attitude to the dance and has kept himself out of the dance off despite mid table placings which is always a danger.

Frankie is one of the frontrunners, to describe her as the dark horse of the competition is frankly (pardon the pun) bizarre
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Bigvern04 wrote: »
    She's a very good dancer. Unfortunately for her I think her obvious ability will have had a background in her performing career and although she's not had "classical" training, she practices and performs routines day in day out.

Same with Pixie and same with Simon.

For this reason I hope they are not in the final two (which currently I hope will be Caroline and Jake).

This isn't to say I don't like them or their dances, I do!
    Seriously, are you saying therefore that JAKE AND CAROLINE have no previous dance training? At all? Ever? Come on, nobody believes that anymore...do they???
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Someone who has topped the leaderboard and is in the top 3 to win on the odds isn't a dark horse.

The dark house would probably go to Mark if he continues at the same level he kept on Sunday. Or in fact Steve who despite not being totally known seems to have won viewers over with her personality and attitude to the dance and has kept himself out of the dance off despite mid table placings which is always a danger.

Frankie is one of the frontrunners, to describe her as the dark horse of the competition is frankly (pardon the pun) bizarre

I agree...in the top 4 so far each week, hardly a dark horse...that would be sunetra more like.
    Frankie is just a bit overshadowed by the two more 'showy' blondes, caroline and pixie.
    Early days yet anyway....I thought Thom was going to be good enough to reach the final! HOW WRONG WAS i!! :o
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is bland
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    She is bland

Her dancing or herself? She's neither in both.
  • aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie is a lovely looking girl who can obviously dance well, who has an ADORABLE baby..& is partnered with one of the most irritating professionals imo.

I find his dancing so so (that jive when CC were performing) was so embarrassing. I also find him very annoying and hate the Kevin from Grimsby moniker...soooo annoying.

So agree with you regarding Kevin he over dances and seems to want to hog the limelight.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you don't find that with any other couples?

No.

I enjoy watching (look forward to ) Steve, Sunetra, Judy, Allison :)

and

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :blush:..................... Scott actually :o:blush::blush:...although not really for the same reasons as the other ones :D:p
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't think I could ever forget this performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDotUnHm14

Lol :D:D:D
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie has serious problems with her feet, which for some reason the judges has been choosing to ignore so far with the exception of Karen Hardy on ITT.
  • Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like Frankie's footwork, although I did think it was rather lack lustre during her Charleston, especially in regards to the swivel, or the lack or it for that matter.