8 Out of 10 Cats - Series 15, C4 Fridays 9pm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, I always find it interesting to hear from people who've been at filmings.

Thanks for the thanks. :D

Every UK TV series thread on the forum seems to be degenerating into hate/love arguements at the mo'.
    You've just restored my faith in DS-Kind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Fair play, but Jimmy Carr really needs to do something else now. He's better than the crap panel shows he's in. I suppose they pay the bill because people must be tuning in.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell has happened to Jimmy Carr?

His stupid laugh is now accompanied by a stupid white grin.

Reminds me of this.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy's teeth are a joy to behold, reminds of the Friends episode were Ross gets his teeth MEGA - whitened.

60 minutes is tooooooo long, they all outstay their welcome in my house after 40 minutes.

After looking hot and healthy for a year or two Claudia is back doing her " looking like a skinny hunchbacked corpse " impersonation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Oh Jimmy... your teeth do look daft!

Still, I suppose at least we know where all that tax money went.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Topical comedy panel show that has become rarely that topical... or that funny.

In recent series at least.

CH4 have really done something to their comedy shows in the last couple of years, made them shouty and sweary to compensate for the dire lack of laughs.

Shouty? Sweary? Maybe it's just you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a terrible show this is now.

When it was a 30 min long some time ago now it bounced along and was a nice thing to watch.

Then they added 15 minutes and it was too long. Undeterred, CH4 now round it out to the full hour and pad it with junk.

bye bye 8 out of 10 cats.

bye bye tass! :p
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    What YOU see you mean... :rolleyes:
    I really love the DS-er's who can't see beyond their own views or accept other peoples.

Go back to viewing "Splash" or Celeb BB, or whatever else it is that YOU find "entertaining"...
    Or just carry on scouring the threads to make unfunny comments on shows you don't like...
    It's all the same to me ... :p

Oh, and if I was Carr, I'd use some of my tax savings to spread your witty "humour" to the masses. :D

The only person in this thread who can't see beyond their own views is you.

Your assessment of the show is challenged and you have gotten all personal.

These forums are for people who do/don't like a show.

For those who don't, very often they once did like it and are voicing disappointment of the decline in standards.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well ... I was in the audience for this show, and they actually filmed 3 hours worth of material.

And I'll tell you what ... I loved it!

If you think the show's tired and now longer funny, there's an easy answer to that ...

Personally for me, it's still one of the wittiest shows on the terrestrial channel (along with HIGNFY), and it's good to see that it isn't forced.

Couple of things I would say;
    * If you thought Jimmy Carr got some ribbing about his teeth, you should have seen what they cut out!
    * Claudia Winkleman came out with some genuinely funny lines about (ahem) "buckets" and what she does to protect her kids in the cold weather.
    * A lot of "questions" were missing entirely, especially one about the weather, which got really surreal.
    * Jimmy Carr actually came across as a decent bloke, and was the only one in the show to mix with the audience, and stay afterwards for pictures and autographs.
    * Cynics might think that the audience laughter and "whooping" was forced. It's not. Apart from one lone guy signalling when you can applaud following clips and ad-breaks, you're not guided to act in any way... It was a mixed age audience (there's about 400 people sitting behind the audience shown on the screen) and not one person I spoke to was disappointed with the show.

Even the warm-up guy was good. All in all it was just as good as going to a live show, and free!

In that case channel 4 need some new editors. The stiff they left in wasn't half as funny as the parts they cut out!
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LMAO at "Kauto Pounders":D
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Jimmy get those comedy teeth so that people would talk about those instead of his tax dodging.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Jimmy get those comedy teeth so that people would talk about those instead of his tax dodging.

Who talks about his tax dodging now ?. He's proven quite conclusively he can take it on the chin, so most people have lost interest. Maybe people who dislike him will still bring it up, but as far as I can see, everyone else has moved on.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    LMAO at "Kauto Pounders":D

I didn't get that reference, I need context please.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get that reference, I need context please.

Rather fine horse called Kauto Star - won the Cheltenham Gold Cup a few times.

Prounounced Quarto.

Could also have had Frankelfurters:D
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    What the hell has happened to Jimmy Carr?

His stupid laugh is now accompanied by a stupid white grin.

Reminds me of this.

:D:D:D

I like that we get 15 minutes extra :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only person in this thread who can't see beyond their own views is you.

Your assessment of the show is challenged and you have gotten all personal.

These forums are for people who do/don't like a show.

For those who don't, very often they once did like it and are voicing disappointment of the decline in standards.

Not at all Tass.
    I totally support people on the threads who put up reasonable arguements for liking or disliking a show.

I like the show, some people agree with me and some people do not. That's all fine. I can understand those that don't and the reasons why...
    I don't take it personally.

A differing view does NOT wind me up.
    What DOES is the automatic "we" (as in everybody but "you") hate it, you must be a friend of the crew (I'm not), and it criticisms like "is sh*t and you're wrong!".

Hardly Oscar Wilde material is it?

Maybe I overreacted, but I'm getting tired of threads where some people just seem to be making random rude comments, like schoolkids spoiling for a fight in a playground.

Personal? No.
    Can't see beyond my own views? No.
    Overreacted? Probably.
    Tired of personal attacks on DS threads? Yes.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best bit of last night's show was the discussion about Topman/Topshop (admittedly, I often find myself calling it Topgirl too!) and what exactly Jon gets up to in there. If that was included in a 30 minute episode, it would have been fine but as I suggested last night, the fitness thing IMO didn't really translate well to TV. If I want to watch people arse about with a hula hoop, I'll sit in a park in summer.

With that being said, I'm glad it's back to 30 minutes next week. Even with the Last Leg being postponed, I can't see why they couldn't have stuck on a repeat of Stand Up For The Week like the BBC do with Live At The Apollo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually would agree that a 40-30 minute format suits it better, and as somebody said earlier, there were funnier skits that they seemed to have cut out in the edit, and some longer ones that they kept. I never realised the amount of material they filmed though. The editors must work 24x7 on it afterwards.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to shop at 'Value Bastard' :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thanks. :D

Every UK TV series thread on the forum seems to be degenerating into hate/love arguements at the mo'.
    You've just restored my faith in DS-Kind.

I try :) Haha, nah - you're welcome.
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just so distracted by Jimmy Carr's new teeth. Did he get them from the remains of the Tesco Value burgers?
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just so distracted by Jimmy Carr's new teeth. Did he get them from the remains of the Tesco Value burgers?

Lol. Better than most of the jokes in the show!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Well ... I was in the audience for this show, and they actually filmed 3 hours worth of material.

And I'll tell you what ... I loved it!

If you think the show's tired and now longer funny, there's an easy answer to that ...

Personally for me, it's still one of the wittiest shows on the terrestrial channel (along with HIGNFY), and it's good to see that it isn't forced.

Couple of things I would say;
    * If you thought Jimmy Carr got some ribbing about his teeth, you should have seen what they cut out!
    * Claudia Winkleman came out with some genuinely funny lines about (ahem) "buckets" and what she does to protect her kids in the cold weather.
    * A lot of "questions" were missing entirely, especially one about the weather, which got really surreal.
    * Jimmy Carr actually came across as a decent bloke, and was the only one in the show to mix with the audience, and stay afterwards for pictures and autographs.
    * Cynics might think that the audience laughter and "whooping" was forced. It's not. Apart from one lone guy signalling when you can applaud following clips and ad-breaks, you're not guided to act in any way... It was a mixed age audience (there's about 400 people sitting behind the audience shown on the screen) and not one person I spoke to was disappointed with the show.

Even the warm-up guy was good. All in all it was just as good as going to a live show, and free!
    Cheers for that. At least you've added something interesting to the thread.

I usually like the Uncut/Extra programmes but this hour long episode did seem to drag on.

Looks like it should be a good hour of comedy on C4 next week though with 8Oo10C and The Last Leg.
    Shame they're on at 9pm. 10pm would seem like a better time slot, although they have Norton to deal with at 10:35.
    I doubt many will tune back in to that Paddy show.
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. No more or less than usual. It was a nice way to spend an hour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I want to shop at 'Value Bastard' :D

I couldn't stop laughing at that and will never look at a poundland in the same way again!!!