Options

The Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    BBC Strictly @bbcstrictly
    Ooh @NatalieGumede and @artemchigvintse have got the canes out for their showdance. They mean business ‪#‎ittakestwo‬

You beat me to it postit:D
  • Options
    Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I'm a massive fan of natalie and artem but not a fan of the canes. I don't want sophie and Brendan to win at all but I think they are the only couple that are doing a proper showdance, they have good music. Everyone else seems to be doing dance styles abby paso, susanna waltz, natalie a mixture of lots of dance styles I hope not mostly quickstep. I hope natalie ans artem do something different like a mashup of lots of dance styles while including lifts and tricks.
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    poleanna wrote: »
    After the first night? :D

I know that Ben is doing the Salsa and AS (not sure about the second one but I was thinking 'of course, both dances with lots of lifts', so it's probably right). Did I help? :kitty:;-)

I can confirm that yes, Ben and Kristina are doing Salsa and American Smooth....
    Kristina asked all their supporters on twitter which dances they wanted to see on tour...Salsa, Rumba, Paso and AS were most requested... I don't think the Rumba would work in a big arena, and Ben seems embarrased with the Paso [ being topless, that was not at his request]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who thought Ian seemed a bit lacklustre about Natalie and Artem's showdance? Also, I wasn't sure if what he mentioned about Natalie in the Cha Cha was good or bad :confused:
  • Options
    Nicola123Nicola123 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I think what they were doing in cha cha was good because he then did that move with zoe.
  • Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Ian seemed a bit lacklustre about Natalie and Artem's showdance? Also, I wasn't sure if what he mentioned about Natalie in the Cha Cha was good or bad :confused:

Oh I thought he was enthusiastic about the Fred and Ginger bit. And their synchronisity

Re cha cha, I think he lost his train of thought!

Hopefully the audience will sing to 'Raputin'. It's a catchy tune. Awful, yes, but catchy.Not a fan of the socks either but it could be worse. They could have chosen a monk's habit that Rasputin was reputed to wear.

Was Artem's chest on display in that outfit? I can't remember!:blush:
  • Options
    TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He said it could be great,but need to be matching in their side by side moments which they were.Cha Cha i think good he said it was slick.!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nicola123 wrote: »
    I think what they were doing in cha cha was good because he then did that move with zoe.
    lateone wrote: »
    Oh I thought he was enthusiastic about the Fred and Ginger bit. And their synchronisity

Re cha cha, I think he lost his train of thought!

Hopefully the audience will sing to 'Raputin'. It's a catchy tune. Awful, yes, but catchy.Not a fan of the socks either but it could be worse. They could have chosen a monk's habit that Rasputin was reputed to wear.

Was Artem's chest on display in that outfit? I can't remember!:blush:
    TootsieLou wrote: »
    He said it could be great,but need to be matching in their side by side moments which they were.Cha Cha i think good he said it was slick.!

Thanks guys! :) OH had a visitor come and I couldn't concentrate properly.

ETA BIB Lateone Yes I think it was, but was lost in all the awfulness of that outfit.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ETA BIB Lateone Yes I think it was, but was lost in all the awfulness of that outfit.;-)

I'm REALLY hoping they change it. Even a simple open necked, embroidery on the collar Russian style shirt and latin style trousers would be a vast improvement. Cooee, Vicky, please!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

here's a reminder, dare you look! :D:D:o
    http://balletnews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/4843640-low-strictly-come-dancing.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's ok if you don't look past his knees. But given he's dancing.........
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks KA:D That reminded me that this was the week of the double dipping and colgate gleam at the end of the routine! Gawd 'elp us!

I'm not sure if I've asked this before or not, but are all the couples on ITT again on Friday? What about the interview where they watch their best bits?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks KA:D That reminded me that this was the week of the double dipping and colgate gleam at the end of the routine! Gawd 'elp us!

I'm not sure if I've asked this before or not, but are all the couples on ITT again on Friday? What about the interview where they watch their best bits?
    exactly Wrenny...a quick montage, I must have read your mind as you posted this whilst I was creating :D
    Pics all from the waist up ;)
    http://clrhmly.tumblr.com/image/70420104839
  • Options
    Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knock knock, may I come in?

I don't know if you've all seen the pic of Natalie and Artem in the Christmas Radio Times but I've uploaded it to photobucket here and thought you might like to see it:

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/LouiseMG/library/Strictly%20Come%20Dancing?sort=3&page=1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the pics KA and Lily.

Welcome, Lily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lily_M wrote: »

I don't know if you've all seen the pic of Natalie and Artem in the Christmas Radio Times but I've uploaded it to photobucket here and thought you might like to see it:

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/LouiseMG/library/Strictly%20Come%20Dancing?sort=3&page=1

Hi Lily, welcome to the thread and you come bearing gifts! :):cool:
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola123 wrote: »
    I'm a massive fan of natalie and artem but not a fan of the canes. I don't want sophie and Brendan to win at all but I think they are the only couple that are doing a proper showdance, they have good music. Everyone else seems to be doing dance styles abby paso, susanna waltz, natalie a mixture of lots of dance styles I hope not mostly quickstep. I hope natalie ans artem do something different like a mashup of lots of dance styles while including lifts and tricks.

Isn't it funny how we all like different things? I hate Sophie and Brendan's choice of music for their show dance, which is upbeat, a bit frenetic and salsa-ish - everything that Sophie isn't. Brendan, let's face it, does not have a good record when it comes to choreographing show dances. Also, looking at their training footage, they seemed to be basing their showdance on a salsa, which is the only dance she hasn't done yet, so it strikes me as a bit odd to lumber her with a totally new dance style as well as new choreography. *shrugs* Oh well, that's their look out. This is Denise and Ian's take on that song for their show dance in series 2 - a right old mess, really, since it was a fusion of tango, cha-cha and samba. Very odd!

So I hope that none of the contestants mash up so many dance styles like Denise and Ian did - I don't think it works, do you?
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you, Lily - how neighbourly of you to call round bearing gifts! I have a copy of the Christmas Radio Times but haven't actually read it yet, so I'll go and have a proper look now. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic - Glossy Ibis in Orkney ;-):D (See Twitter)

Waving hello over stormy bodies of water to DWTS & Wrenny

Hi OS I once saw a sacred ibis standing looking very mournful in a salt marsh in France. Had no idea what it was but when I checked I discovered that the poor thing is an invasive species and had a price on its head. No wonder it looked mournful.
    Return on the Eurostar with son no 1 tomorrow, feel like an old hand, as long as I remember what level I am on and which direction to turn, we should be home by midnight.
    Can't quite get my head around Nartem's dances yet. I like the sound of a non gymnastic show dance though.
  • Options
    NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member

Thanks Wrenny.
    peeve wrote: »
    I loathe the cha-cha-cha, but mostly because it seems to me that it is rarely danced to anything but incredibly cheesy music. Even the cha-cha that is officially my favourite (Alesha to Crazy in Love) is cheesy, albeit in a good way. Ra-ra-bloody-Rasputin is about as cheesy as it gets, so I was initially very disappointed at the judges' choice.

But then I had a thunk, and when I'd thunk, I realised that it's the one dance that will allow the judges to compliment Natalie on how much she's improved, ie give her the ...[insert dreaded J word] story arc. Although she scored 31 when she danced it in week 1, it is her lowest score and the judges were critical of her lack of hip action and not placing her feet precisely. Soooo, if she addresses these issues (and she will), then the viewers will see that she has progressed. I honestly can't think of any other dance that would allow the same level of improvement.

Steppin' Out With My Baby sounds as if it will be along the lines of the Tom Chambers showdance, which is the only one in Strictly history that I've ever liked (if you ignore the spatulistic hands). Fingers crossed that Artem's choroegraphy will be like an old-style Hollywood Fred and Ginge tap and foxtrot, with a bit of quickstep, a few elegant lifts and a WOW factor!

And I liked their AS, but then I love that track, which is emotional and heartfelt. It's brave to do it again, knowing that Len will still have a moan - ooh, now what does that remind me of... ;)

Keep the faith - although can we get up a petition to Vicky Gill, asking her NOT to put Artem in Where's Wally socks?

Love this post Peeve and agree with all of it. What's giving me hope is that Artem seems to giving Natalie every opportunity to win over the audience whereas I think Abbey's choice of music and, as you say, Brenda's choice for Sophie might work against them. Interesting times, alrighty.
    postit wrote: »
    I'm overjoyed. Nartem are dancing with canes to Stepping Out...here's hoping for top hats too, a la Fred and Ginger
    BBC Strictly @bbcstrictly
    Ooh @NatalieGumede and @artemchigvintse have got the canes out for their showdance. They mean business ‪#‎ittakestwo‬

You beat me to it postit:D

Loving this. Loving the potential for Nartem to do a real old-school crowd-pleaser.
    lateone wrote: »
    I'm REALLY hoping they change it. Even a simple open necked, embroidery on the collar Russian style shirt and latin style trousers would be a vast improvement. Cooee, Vicky, please!:)

I'm REALLY hope that someone has put a match to the lot and decided to allow Artem some degree of dignity…(cont below)

…not that allowing dignity seems to go hand-in-hand with things Strictly, judging by this evidence. Maybe Arty loves dressing up…or just loves lots of buttons. :o:p:D

Welcome Lily:D
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an article mostly about Abbey in The Fail with a mention of Nat:
    Natalie, who is partnered by Artem Chigvintsev, will dance around a pole for her showdance to Fred Astaire's Stepping Out With My Baby - but she said she hoped viewers did not get the wrong idea.
    ‘Artem has choreographed some beautiful moves around the pole. I hope no one gets any ideas, as its about grace and flow it's really tricky but if I can get it right it will be great.’

Gulp.
  • Options
    NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    There's an article mostly about Abbey in The Fail with a mention of Nat:

Gulp.

Oh. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I think it's around the cane and not pole, could be wrong. Think we may be surprised and they win this weekend!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Artem... I'm not sure he gets the GBP ;) Then again, they have no chance of winning so he probably wants to showcase Natalie and himself to any future potential employers - which is probably a sane thing to do.

It may be a bit Fosse-esque and I love a bit of classy pole dancing (oxymoron if there ever was one I'm sure) so I'm not going to panic. Yet :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted. The link doesn't work.