Help with nonsense restricting websites - 3 mobile

13»

Comments

• coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I phoned Three CS yesterday morning and asked them to turn off the filter. They said allow up to 24 hours for it to be turned off. About 2 hours later, the filter was turned off.

But today now the filter is back on again. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    I phoned Three CS yesterday morning and asked them to turn off the filter. They said allow up to 24 hours for it to be turned off. About 2 hours later, the filter was turned off.

But today now the filter is back on again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ive had this too.No problems for months then out of the blue the block is back.Try rebooting the phone that sometimes works.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AxeVictim wrote: »
    Ive had this too.No problems for months then out of the blue the block is back.Try rebooting the phone that sometimes works.

Isn't the issue on Three's end though, not the phone itself? Im just wondering how rebooting would have an effect.
  • JordanT91JordanT91 Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't the issue on Three's end though, not the phone itself? Im just wondering how rebooting would have an effect.

For the sake of 2 minutes you may as well just give it a try before you have to call Three again.
  • AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a problem with three but rebooting sometimes works maybe it resets something at their end.
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rebooting your handset will have some affect on the network too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is ridiculous.

I phoned Three CS today and told them that the adult filter turned back on automatically after I requested to turn it off.

The man on the phone wasn't sure what was wrong. I was then kept waiting on the phone for about 30 minutes.

He then tells me that I need to purchase a bundle by making a £1 payment by credit card. I told him that I don't have a credit card then he said that he thinks that is the only payment method they accept.

I told him that I heard that credit card payment for verification only applies to pay as you go customers as that is what it says on Three's blog, but he insisted that it requires a credit card.

He then gave me a 4 digit pin to enter in Planet3. I entered the pin then selected the option to turn off the adult filter, but it's made no difference. The adult filter is still on.

Even if I visit the site deviantART it says "We can’t show you this content because your phone has ‘adult filtering’ turned on."

Do you really need a credit card if your a contract customer to turn off the adult filter. Three say it should be already off by default.
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be switched off by default if you're a contract customer. They really should be escalating this to someone if they still are unable to remove it for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on a Three 1 month rolling contract and the filter is off by default on mine. Never needed to check but tried a couple of adult sites and the original link from this thread and they all loaded fine.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turned off by default for me too, even said so on the back of the welcome letter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Yes, always turned off by default.

You need to get the issue escalated.
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to Three last month and the content filter was on by default despite my welcome letter saying it wasn't.

It only took one quick call to customer services to sort though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roush wrote: »
    I switched to Three last month and the content filter was on by default despite my welcome letter saying it wasn't.

It only took one quick call to customer services to sort though.

When you phoned Three did they give you a pin number to turn off the filter or did they just turn it off?

The first time I phoned Three CS about it, they just turned it off but then the filter turned back on again about 2 days later.

I don't know why the first time I phoned they just turned the filter off then the second time I phoned them they gave me a pin number and say it requires a credit card to turn off the filter.