Options

Twin Peaks

Comments

• Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Lara Flynn Boyle has been in the press today - not looking very well sadly .Made me think of Twin Peaks. I miss that show ! I liked Lucy , played by Kimmy Roberston , oh and cherry pie :)
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's likely to be a blu-ray set of the series & FWWM next year, and it may have the near legendary 45 minutes plus of deleted Fire Walk With Me scenes, including a longer version of the 'How's Annie?' scene that was shot for the film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news !
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    It's about time, the HD remaster was done about 6 years ago ahead of the Gold Box release.

A 720p version of the series has been available from iTunes for a while, and from memory I think this was upgraded to 1080p last year.

The series looks very nice in HD.

Just wish they'd get around to releasing The West Wing now, another one that's had a HD transfer done for ages with no sign of a BD release :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The blu-ray's UK release date is March 24th.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    The blu-ray's UK release date is March 24th.

Fingers crossed that FWWM plus deleted scenes is on the UK release... or that the US release is multi-region! (Universal vs Paramount issues, apparently...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's been some fun and games with this one of late.

After the Amazon listing went live and pre-orders started going in Amazon cancelled them and withdrew the listing. Then there was a Twin Peaks-related casting call going out to do some sort of promo for the show's anniversary. That was then denied.

Luckily, Ray Wise was on hand during an interview with Fangoria to set the record straight;

http://www.fangoria.com/new/excl-ray-wise-confirms-twin-peaks-lynch-directed-blu-ray-promo/

Bottom line - Yes there was a promo shot, yes David Lynch directed it, yes there's a Blu Ray set coming out.

Thanks Ray. :)
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel hopping at 14 and happening upon by chance the Red Room during a showing of FWWM on BBC2 one night, got to say it warped my mind and I got obsessed. Lynch is just Lynch, as in you can't neatly categorise his work. I'd never felt curiosity and fear at the same time for a fictional piece of work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today is the 25th anniversary of 27th March 1989, the in continuity date the "I'll see you again in 25 years..." scene was set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing .Thanks for that .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finally completed watching the gold edition box set....WOW! Just WOW I loved it first time and adored rewatchinv it many years on....while in so many ways i wish the show did go on for more seasons....WOW!

I also have to say that while the Palmer mystery was exceptional...i found the Earle mystery in season 2 more intriguing and psycho and insane...would have loved to have seen where the show was heading after season 2 :-) so many questions still up in the air....ordered FWWM on DVD to watch for the very first time....very excited about watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finally completed watching the gold edition box set....WOW! Just WOW I loved it first time and adored rewatchinv it many years on....while in so many ways i wish the show did go on for more seasons....WOW!

I also have to say that while the Palmer mystery was exceptional...i found the Earle mystery in season 2 more intriguing and psycho and insane...would have loved to have seen where the show was heading after season 2 :-) so many questions still up in the air....ordered FWWM on DVD to watch for the very first time....very excited about watching it.

They have Twin Peaks festivals if you happen to have the dosh !! they are held in the U/S where it was filmed and are very popular still .
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    Just started watching the Gold Box Edition, I forgot how good this show was. I loved Dale Cooper, obviously, but apart from him my favourite character was Audrey. I love the music too, it's making me feel all nostalgic for my teenage years.
    Anyone else a fan?

Sherilyn Fenn is divine.a real treat.I often wonder why she didnt go on to become a big Hollywood star.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh how i would lvoe to go...see what i do not understand is the fact the show is so popular still and definitely cult by definition....Lynch and Frost could easily dream up something beautiful and revisit Twin Peaks again with the cast....remember what Laura said "25 years from now..." still relevant.

And yeah speaking of Audrey.....that cliffhanger scene in the finale! wow....so well shot....i felt where is this going? then literal BAM...just hope if they did do a third season that she would be a part of it still Audrey is electric!

Dale
    Audrey
    Lucy
    Andy
    Catherine

were my favourite characters across the show.

And my gosh the talent that was Sheryl Lee as both Maddy and Laura in the show and film...she really is out of this world!

Speaking of the film i also wished they did a trilogy as planned ...the response was so unfair Stateside, the movie is ingenius and so beautifully made.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Oh how i would lvoe to go...see what i do not understand is the fact the show is so popular still and definitely cult by definition....Lynch and Frost could easily dream up something beautiful and revisit Twin Peaks again with the cast....remember what Laura said "25 years from now..." still relevant.

And yeah speaking of Audrey.....that cliffhanger scene in the finale! wow....so well shot....i felt where is this going? then literal BAM...just hope if they did do a third season that she would be a part of it still Audrey is electric!

Dale
    Audrey
    Lucy
    Andy
    Catherine

were my favourite characters across the show.

And my gosh the talent that was Sheryl Lee as both Maddy and Laura in the show and film...she really is out of this world!

Speaking of the film i also wished they did a trilogy as planned ...the response was so unfair Stateside, the movie is ingenius and so beautifully made.

Id love Catherine to return in a series 3 but the actress is about 84 so is it likely?

I found the concept of Nadine Hurley intriguing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;-) It's funny you mentioned Lucy , my son was married to the actress who played her but it only lasted a year .Ah , Hollywood marriages .( I hope my son doesn't read this site :D )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Love Lucy <3

who wouldnt wanna marry her ;)

but yeah i would love Lynch to make a film or mini series (6 episodes maybe) to round off the universe and revisit characters...would be beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he's hinted at it - I just wish he would get on with it !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically I think all we can hope for is that the rumours swirling about for some added Lynch work may be added to the forthcoming blu ray .:( new or unseen bits ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I mean i am sure he never wants to repeat the studio pressures he had whilst on the show....the conflicts with Frost as to whether revealing the killer or not etc...

But he could do it...the fanbase is out there and with great marketing it would be a success :-) it is a show/film/legacy translated worldwide :-) really would love a revisit or something special revealed as to where the next two films would head and where the new mysteries would have taken the characters ...i mean Audrey, Leo etc where were their stories headed next? and what about the "Hows Annie?" climax...where that was headed...MANY great speculations but darn i would love an official follow up :-) a genius world created.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this should be in a Lynch appreciation thread but gosh i also adore his newest album The Big Dream had no idea he had an album out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Realistically I think all we can hope for is that the rumours swirling about for some added Lynch work may be added to the forthcoming blu ray .:( new or unseen bits ??

I would imagine it's the deleted scenes from Fire Walk With Me in 1 form or another. The first cut of FWWM was 4 hours long, 17 scenes were deleted to get it to it's released run time. The following characters were in the never seen long cut of FWWM, but not the short version:

Sheriff Harry S. Truman, Deputy Tommy 'Hawk' Hill, Doctor Jacoby, Dr Will Hayward, Josie Packard, 'Big Ed' Hurley, Benjamin Horne, Silvia Horne, Major Garland Briggs, Deputy Andy Brennan, Lucy Moran, Eileen Hayward, Pete Martell, Nadine Hurley, Jerry Horne, Johnny Horne, Betty Briggs.

When Jack Nance died Lynch was rumoured to want to put a cut comedy scene where Nance's character Pete Martell has an argument with the bank manager from the final episode back in the film, but it never happened.

In any case I'd imagine the scenes will be released at some point now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, while i loved the film (it is just so beautiful) I would have loved to see the other characters and their respective scenes.