Burbleby / Chant Pred Comps Table thread
    Burbleby / Chant 2013-14 Champions League Comp
    DS rugby League Challenge Cup
    DS fantasy super league
    2013/14 National Hunt Saturdy tipping comp
    New 2014 DS PDC Fantasy Darts Comp
    DS 2014 Formula 1 pred league
    Sunday racing winter comp 2013/14
    World Snooker Fantasy Comp(13-14)(Starts May 27)
    Prediction hall of fame
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh! Had a bit of a brain fart and merged threads instead of moving them... trying to see if this can be easily reversed but it doesn't look like it :x
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will start a DS Hall of Fame thread in the games section later in the week and shift across the old DS games etc. So we have one for the DS games and one for PG etc.
  • DartGuruDartGuru Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting an old thread....

I've just gone into the Sports Forum Games folder for the first time in a while (as I'm only interested in the racing comps and I know there's a three month lull from Xmas to Cheltenham) to see if tso is running the Cheltenham comp and see that the forum is almost completely overrun with Dean's externally run comps, including a Fantasy Cheltenham one.

Is this really what we tried to implement all those months ago?

What a mess.

Is there really no reason these can't be split off into an "External Comps that only use DS to publicise them" forum?
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DartGuru wrote: »
    to see if tso is running the Cheltenham comp

Yes i will be:)..Got 4 nights off of work otherwise i would not have had time (sleeping in the day;-))
    Will open it up on Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it looks like Dean has left DS. Reading his post it looks like he got a few nasty PMs which is totally out of order.

This could have been sorted with a separate section
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never really went into that section apart from the usual racing comps but it's terrible if dean feels he's been hounded out

If people don't like his comps they could just ignore them........>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it looks like Dean has left DS. Reading his post it looks like he got a few nasty PMs which is totally out of order.

This could have been sorted with a separate section

Definitely uncalled for. Hardly his fault if DS can't set forums up how users want them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to ask the Mods again I feel. A lot of games coming up and as the football season starts there will be even more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to ask the Mods again I feel. A lot of games coming up and as the football season starts there will be even more.

I already did :), and if I could work out where the message went I would post it on here as well. The forum is so congested with non-DS crap (sorry, but that's my opinion) I don't bother looking anymore and rely on someone letting me know if a competition relevant to me starts.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I enter a prediction game competition, I automatically get added to the DS private league so I don't think we need a new thread for every single event.

Maybe just one thread which could be 'bumped' every time there is a new comp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have sent a message too

i know it seems a bit double standards because i play a few of the PG games and even moderate a lot on the site but i am in favour of a separate section. Some games are only played by 2 or 3 people so do we all need to see it ? I am just worried that DS games will get missed or left out. I was going to do my annual Open Golf comp but cannot be bothered because I don't think it will get the interest now.
  • dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also sent a message yesterday. Makes a lot of sense to seperate DS Comps & non DS.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only downside is the more sub-sections, and now even sub-sub-sections you have, the harder people find it to locate.

The number of entrants in the DS premier league was down slightly last season, and this was because of instead of going Sport ➡️ Sport Games, they had to go Sport ➡️ Sport Games ➡️ Sport Comps.

Now it could go even further ie Sport ➡️ Sport Games ➡️ sport comps ➡️ DS Comps or non-DS comps.

Bit too labyrinthian really, but I guess once you've found what you're after once you can bookmark it and go straight to it thereafter. But I did get feedback from people saying they didn't enter various comps of mine last year because they couldn't find them....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only downside is the more sub-sections, and now even sub-sub-sections you have, the harder people find it to locate.

The number of entrants in the DS premier league was down slightly last season, and this was because of instead of going Sport ➡️ Sport Games, they had to go Sport ➡️ Sport Games ➡️ Sport Comps.

Now it could go even further ie Sport ➡️ Sport Games ➡️ sport comps ➡️ DS Comps or non-DS comps.

Bit too labyrinthian really, but I guess once you've found what you're after once you can bookmark it and go straight to it thereafter. But I did get feedback from people saying they didn't enter various comps of mine last year because they couldn't find them....

Catch 22 because you could look in the right place now and still not find them because they get pushed down for loads of PG comps.

One thing which does annoy me, and it is probably just me, is people who play the PG comps but don't even post on DS. I did invite a couple to take part in my racing comp - they didn't even reply.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading your posts TC and Darren. Why not just have one thread (not a sub-section) for the prediction-game predictors, maybe make it a sticky too.

That way, people who want to enter PG predictors can easily find them as they will be at the top of the page. DS predictors will be easier to find as they won't be 'pushed down' anywhere near as much. Also, that way you don't have to have any more sub-sections making comps easier still, to find.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mods have listened......:)