The big spoiler at the end of DC Rebirth 1 (spoilers!)

JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Being that Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen was the one who created the new 52 universe, presumably meaning the Watchmen characters are now going to be in regular continuity DCU books.

Dunno if this is genius or insanity, but would imagine Alan Moore might not be happy about this.

Comments

• silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS! If I were Alan Moore I'd be thinking more of murder than litigation!! :o >:(
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some stuff about 3 Jokers that sounds headache inducing, there appear to be 2 Lois Lanes in the new universe as well, Wonder Woman has a twin brother in the new continuity- and boy is that idea not popular. And then Manhattan turns up

Sounds like my kinda car crash, to be honest I can't wait for Wednesday. :D
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder Woman has a twin brother?? :o

I thought that DC had jumped the shark previously but FFS!! :o:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact Bats didn't notice there were 3 Jokers is sillier.

Original Joker
    The Killing Joke Joker
    Nu 52 face off Joker

3 different characters, in the same continuity, apparently.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a mess... always trying to outdo Marvel in the "our universes are more cocked up and complex than yours" stakes. Well, you won, DC. You won :D

I'm glad I've dropped all my DC stuff.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the new 52 greatly, I know most fans didn't. But what we've got now is a monumental mess. I'd rather we go back to full on new 52 than this. It'd be different if we'd had hints of this happening throughout the new 52, but all of a sudden inserting this in out of nowhere is rather stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rebirth issue is pretty good when it is just about the Flash(es) but it just throws in these huge plot twists that completely disrupt it's flow. The page where it is casually announced that Wonder Woman has a twin brother called Jason and he has great power, on a level with Darkseid, has got to be the most WTF moment in recent comics history.
  • not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the cover of the new Superman Rebirth #1. As usual, DC can't do a Superman reboot without angry red glowing eyes. It's depressing how they've completely destroyed a once great character over the last 20 years or so.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    JCR The whole Wonder Woman has a twin brother thing had been first announced in Justice League comics during the conclusion of the storyline The Darkseid War which also announced the 3 Joker idea as well.So it was already part of the overall DC arc before Rebirth Issue 1

It does say to read Justice League and Superman recent issues before reading Rebirth on the bottom of the first page

I really enjoyed the first issue of Rebirth and agree that the whole Flash story is really good and makes sense as they had been part of most DC reboots/restarts
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Being that Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen was the one who created the new 52 universe, presumably meaning the Watchmen characters are now going to be in regular continuity DCU books.

It's neither. It's lame.
    JCR wrote: »
    Dunno if this is genius or insanity, but would imagine Alan Moore might not be happy about this.

I expect that by now, he's probably just laughing about it.