Options

New Sky HD EPG Single Feed Mode Doesn't Work.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,942
    Forum Member
    I suspect that as paulruk asked his question back in March that he's probably figured it out by now!
    :D
    Welcome to the forum BTW!
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    My single feed Pace box got a software update last week which seems to have resolved all the issues I had with having a single feed.

Since the update, the box won't allow any recording which overlaps with any other single recording (i.e. no more dummy recordings). But I haven't had any cases of failed recordings since then, or cases of no satellite signal being received. I get clash warnings, imminent recording on another channel, etc.

In fact the box is behaving as if there's a permanent, invisible, dummy recording set up which is tying up the second feed. The box is in single feed mode, btw.

The only downside is that box is a little more sluggish since the update, but I'll take that instead of having to sort out dummy recordings!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbb wrote: »
    In fact the box is behaving as if there's a permanent, invisible, dummy recording set up which is tying up the second feed. The box is in single feed mode, btw.

Can you tell me what version / operating system / epg details this update is?

Menu > Settings > System Details
  • Options
    Forum Member
    media guy wrote: »
    Can you tell me what version / operating system / epg details this update is?

Menu > Settings > System Details

Version number: 9F3003
    Operating System version: SYSF26.23.05
    EPG version: 38.2.1.2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another change in the new software: it seems that back-to-back recordings on the same channel now overlap by a few minutes, as if the box had used both tuners.

I'm liking this software update more and more!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hi, I'm currently on:

Model no - sysf26.28.06
    EPG - 38.2.1.6_1

All seems to be working ok and I no longer have the ability to set up dummy recordings. Also another plus when there is a recording about to begin on another channel it now automatically switches over, well done Sky!

The problem now is with the TV planner. When pressing the info button I get "programme synopsis is not available" apart from the channel I'm on. Is this an issue with using single feed the way Sky want you to?
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Razza100 wrote: »
    The problem now is with the TV planner. When pressing the info button I get "programme synopsis is not available" apart from the channel I'm on. Is this an issue with using single feed the way Sky want you to?

It depends on how long you have left the box in standby for. The EPG is cached to the hard disk needing complete use of your single feed and the synopsis info is the last thing to be cached.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I've left it on standby all day when at work, so a good 9 hours. Another problem is that sky anytime is now not updating......

Why do sky do this? I had it working fine on dummy recordings
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    dbb wrote: »
    My single feed Pace box got a software update last week which seems to have resolved all the issues I had with having a single feed.

Since the update, the box won't allow any recording which overlaps with any other single recording (i.e. no more dummy recordings). But I haven't had any cases of failed recordings since then, or cases of no satellite signal being received. I get clash warnings, imminent recording on another channel, etc.

The only downside is that box is a little more sluggish since the update, but I'll take that instead of having to sort out dummy recordings!

Are you saying single feed mode now works properly?

I use single-feed mode with Anytime off. I have a two-week old Amstrad DRX890 that replaced a Pace TDS850NB, and my impression is that recording is now much less reliable, though I can't be sure as I didn't used to record as many programs on the Pace. On Monday night I had the box scheduled to record Law & Order on Sky 1 HD at 11:30pm and on Hallmark HD at 2am and 3am, I definitely switch the box off at 11pm when I went to bed. All three recordings failed.

Will I be getting a software update soon that fixes things? My software versions have no resemblance to yours, not even the same format, so I can't tell how up-to-date my software is. (I thought all Sky boxes had an identical specification and would therefore have the same software - is this not the case?)

My box details (in case anyone can tell me if this software is out-of-date)

Ver: 4F3104
    Operating System: 1.32B12
    EPG: Sky+9.10.13A
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cjking wrote: »

Yes, for me it now works properly, apart from some of the messages (like clash warnings) which still mention a maximum of two recordings.

My understanding is that all the HD boxes will eventually get the update, but I'm no expert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjking wrote: »

My Pace box got the anytime+ update a few days ago and since then the single feed mode seems to be working perfectly.

In standby mode back to back recordings on the same channel are fine, back to back recordings of different channels are fine.

If the box is left on, there are onscreen alerts for recording clashes and if you're watching one channel and a recording is scheduled on another channel the box will now automatically switch to the recording channel.

It's taken them over a year, but fingers crossed it looks like they've fixed all the problems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    From box information screen.
    Make: Thomson
    :902020
    4e3007
    Serial number: xxxx
    Card: xxxxxx
    1.32b12
    Sky+8.32

We haven;'t had update.. forced update leaves 8.32... and single feed doesn't work. (and recording fail with interupted message)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    We haven;'t had update.. forced update leaves 8.32... and single feed doesn't work. (and recording fail with interupted message)
    The update is only available for Pace, Samsung and Amstrad boxes.

I did a forced update on my Samsung box and like my Pace box the single feed mode seems to be working fine now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    linea wrote: »
    The update is only available for Pace, Samsung and Amstrad boxes.

I did a forced update on my Samsung box and like my Pace box the single feed mode seems to be working fine now.

Great, so why still supply Thomson boxes if they have different version of EPG/Firmware etc..

well at least we know the fake timer still works ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this helps anybody, but after reading through this thread, there seems to be two problems, the one related to recording and the one related to the EPG data.
    I can't help with the recording one, and tbh don't actually care enough about it to even worry about it.

However, the EPG not downloading more than about 6hrs is a problem for me (as I do like to use reminders).
    I never switch the box into standby, as i'm lazy like that. I don't like switching things off, as most things break when you switch them on, hence why I now have a HD box with 1 cable (the 11yr old Amstrad box finally died just before christmas due to somebody switching it off).

It's a Samsung box with OS SYSF26.59.01 and EPG 40.0.14.1, the box is set to single feed mode, has only 1 cable and i don't configure any 'dummy' recordings.

Anyway, having tested switching the box into standby overnight, still leaves it with no EPG in the morning, so I would say under certain conditions that the standby methodology fails.

However I have found that if I choose Add Channel, and use the 11.778 V 27.5 and 2/3 and it finds 3 channels, either Add the channel called 8010 (Sky Promo, and it's a damn annoying 30 secs repeating advert) or the EPG background Music (quite nice) - Remember to store your choice, you can then view one of these channels, and then choose TV guide, and it will populate the bit you are looking at, thus allowing you to fill it up to 7 days in advance. The information then gets cached so it's visible when on normal channels.

The reason would apper to be that the full EPG is transmitted on that transponder.

A tad clunky, but a bit of a workaround for me, at least until i can be bothered getting on the roof and swapping the dish and adding a second cable feed.

Hope it helps