Hurt's incarnation confirmed (SPOILER)

2»

Comments

• AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swadey wrote: »
    I'm pleased Eccles isn't in it, he's a prissy little thing, I'm sure it will do far better without his input, and I look forward to Chris sitting behind a wallpaper pasting table fligging his signature for twenty quid, and his photo for forty in a few years time when the work dries up

Careful. That could be Matt Smith in a few years. :eek:
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swadey wrote: »
    I'm pleased Eccles isn't in it, he's a prissy little thing, I'm sure it will do far better without his input, and I look forward to Chris sitting behind a wallpaper pasting table fligging his signature for twenty quid, and his photo for forty in a few years time when the work dries up

Why waste time looking forward, I'm sure if you enclose an SAE with your request you could get that photo and signature now.
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Why waste time looking forward, I'm sure if you enclose an SAE with your request you could get that photo and signature now.

Yes, but it's unlikely to be stained with genuine tears of nostalgia and regret. :rolleyes:;)
  • SexyDavrosSexyDavros Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    You'd have to make certain your letter was long enough for him to make it worthwhile him deciding its worthy of him reading it.

... You'd have to send him two letters though, and he'd read both, then decide to rip them up and move onto something far more interesting for his own personal enlightenment as he's "moved on". :cool::rolleyes:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Can we not bash Eccleston?
  • SladenSladen Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Can we not bash Eccleston?

Appreciating him, actually. I loved that first season of Doctor Who. Good show, RTD, too!

However, debating the facts surrounding his interactions with Doctor Who is a waste of time. Hence the tongue in cheek comment.
    Forum Member
    I did too. Though I wonder if he'll attend the official Who convention in Nov ? :D
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SexyDavros wrote: »
    I did too. Though I wonder if he'll attend the official Who convention in Nov ? :D
    No chance. If he didn't want to be in the special, he wouldn't want to go to a convention, where he would have to talk about being in Doctor Who!
    Forum Member
    Unless he demands to be in a box, you throw your twenty quid in through a hole, and he shoves out a signed pic. He'd probably incorporate a ghetto blaster so he can't hear your dr who questions :p
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Let's hope he's not an 'official' incarnation because they have reduced the new series action figure size to 3.5" so he won't fit in a line up with my current 5" Doctors 1-11 :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will, most likely, be a reason why "Hurt's Doctor" won't count or affect everything we know.

However, it is Moffat... so I'm not promising it will make any sort of sense, not be convoluted, nor involve a reset of some sort.

Just sayin', ya know?
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That article also confirms that Jenna is staying on beyond Matts departure :-)
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    That article also confirms that Jenna is staying on beyond Matts departure :-)

At least that's some good news! :)
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think the numbering will change,just because he is a regeneration between McGann and Eccleston,after all 11 said he was one who did something so bad that went against everything his name stood for,he will be one of the Doctor's regenerations,but not The 9th Doctor
  • Oktoberfest1991Oktoberfest1991 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this theory has been mooted anywhere but thought i'd throw it into the mix

In the same way that The Master took over Tremas's body in the Keeper of Traken, could it be that McGann's Doctor "merged" with a Human/Humanoid alien to become Hurt, then regenerated into Eccleston at end of the Time War

As the Doctor we all know and love he couldn't end the Time War in the destructive manner that it did, but merging with another entity enabled him to do what he did in the name of peace and sanity etc..

The subsequent regeneration to Eccleston then cleared out the DNA of the other entity
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    Let's hope he's not an 'official' incarnation because they have reduced the new series action figure size to 3.5" so he won't fit in a line up with my current 5" Doctors 1-11 :-)

I don't think he will be to be honest.

The episode will probably undo it/erase him from existence.
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not taking this leak as fact until it's backed up by another source.

What's to say they didn't give the costume dept the brief of making a costume that echoes McGann and Eccleston so as to suggest something other than what the character is going to turn out to be?

I still ain't sure he's the Time War Doctor, I'm still going with a later incarnation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoppy wrote: »
    I'm not taking this leak as fact until it's backed up by another source.

What's to say they didn't give the costume dept the brief of making a costume that echoes McGann and Eccleston so as to suggest something other than what the character is going to turn out to be?

I still ain't sure he's the Time War Doctor, I'm still going with a later incarnation.
    How would The Doctor know who Hurt is if he's a later incarnation? He also speaks about him in the past tense.
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    How would The Doctor know who Hurt is if he's a later incarnation? He also speaks about him in the past tense.

Not that I subscribe to the FutureDoc theory, but to be fair going by the 50th, Eleven will have already met Hurt as Ten, so it IS possible...
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this theory has been mooted anywhere but thought i'd throw it into the mix

In the same way that The Master took over Tremas's body in the Keeper of Traken, could it be that McGann's Doctor "merged" with a Human/Humanoid alien to become Hurt, then regenerated into Eccleston at end of the Time War

As the Doctor we all know and love he couldn't end the Time War in the destructive manner that it did, but merging with another entity enabled him to do what he did in the name of peace and sanity etc..

The subsequent regeneration to Eccleston then cleared out the DNA of the other entity

And in a timey wimey way it would explain the 8th Doctor being 'half human' ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I subscribe to the FutureDoc theory, but to be fair going by the 50th, Eleven will have already met Hurt as Ten, so it IS possible...

Ah right, that's a very good point. Still, I'd be quite surprised at this point if he did turn out to be a future Doc.
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »

Oooh !.... Eccles would probably LOVE that, having a bigger figure than the other docs :D
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt Eccleston would care if his Doctor was brushed out of history. It was only a job to him, he wants noting else to do with the show.
    Forum Member
    I watched song for Marion yesterday, Eccles was in it, whilst he was good in Who, he was aweful in this, though he was out acted by Terence Stamp and Redgrave he didn't have much screen presence.

Maybe we will see him soon flogging his own pics for cash behind a wallpaper pasting table :D