Hannah Barrett

12345679»

Comments

• fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    no I didn't

there is a difference between an act being popular but people not voting because they thought she was safe to an act just not getting votes because she is not popular in the first place

and being popular =/= talent

So then you agree with me on the other thread then actually - that the ones who are popular aren't necessarily the ones who are talented and the ones who aren't popular such as Hannah are talented? So what's the complaint here? If I don't agree with the British public and say that they wouldn't understand talent - what's wrong with that because of course popularity does not always correspond to talent, right?
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    So then you agree with me on the other thread then actually - that the ones who are popular aren't necessarily the ones who are talented and the ones who aren't popular such as Hannah are talented? So what's the complaint here? If I don't agree with the British public and say that they wouldn't understand talent - what's wrong with that because of course popularity does not always correspond to talent, right?

I agree partly with what you have said there but you are still trying to put words in my mouth as although I think Hannah has a good voice I still don't think she is as good as you seem to

having a good voice isn't enough if you don't control it very well and your timing is off at times , which is what I think Hannah's problems are atm

she isn't unpleasant to listen to like 2 or 3 of the others are but she also doesn't make me want to go listen to her again
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    I agree partly with what you have said there but you are still trying to put words in my mouth as although I think Hannah has a good voice I still don't think she is as good as you seem to

having a good voice isn't enough if you don't control it very well and your timing is off at times , which is what I think Hannah's problems are atm

she isn't unpleasant to listen to like 2 or 3 of the others are but she also doesn't make me want to go listen to her again

I can see what you're saying. She's very raw. But she's a diamond in the rough and I don't think the pop songs she's done so far have shown that passion she has. She needs some old school soul songs which show off more of that grit. I'm sure they'll have for disco week.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Does ANYONE actually believe the above?

The real fact is that not enough people liked her enough to pick up the phone and vote for her.

Well if they thought that most of the other acts were better than Hannah its the end of the road for music as far as i am concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Hannah has had thousands joining her twitter account since last night, so it bodes well for her for this weekends show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to see Hannah perform 'Somebody else's guy' tomorrow evening. Should suit her style really well.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to see Hannah perform 'Somebody else's guy' tomorrow evening. Should suit her style really well.

Perfect song choice for her, jeref :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Hannah. It was never in doubt.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly too soon to say but Hannah seems to have got the message about trying to smile but she really needs to work on her take on 'jubilation' when she gets through.....I like her but I find it aggressive,the opposite of pleasant and undignified.
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree, I was thinking Show some class, when she started stomping and shouting when her name was called, it put me off her a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CreamPuff wrote: »
    Yes I agree, I was thinking Show some class, when she started stomping and shouting when her name was called, it put me off her a bit.

She was excited at getting through. Do you expect her to stand there like a statue?
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CreamPuff wrote: »

100% agree. It puts me off her as well. When she starts stomping and punching it comes across as quite aggressive looking. Just my opinion. The way it comes across to me isn't likeable at all. It doesn't even look celebratory, it looks so thug. Like she's saying "c'mon who wants a go" :o

For someone like Tamera who gets the bad girl rep on the show, she appears so much more classier than Hannah when she survives
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    100% agree. It puts me off her as well. When she starts stomping and punching it comes across as quite aggressive looking. Just my opinion. The way it comes across to me isn't likeable at all. It doesn't even look celebratory, it looks so thug. Like she's saying "c'mon who wants a go" :o

For someone like Tamera who gets the bad girl rep on the show, she appears so much more classier than Hannah when she survives

They are the two class acts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah was just wonderful tonight. A star is born.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I don't know why, but I feel protective of Hannah. I think something about her reminds me of one of my daughters. I think she has huge potential, not sure if she can win, but I think she has a future in the industry.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Hannah was just wonderful tonight. A star is born.

She smashed it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another superb performance from Hannah this evening.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another superb performance from Hannah this evening.

Not as shouty to what she normally is, but next time she gets in the bottom 2, she really should get the boot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as shouty to what she normally is, but next time she gets in the bottom 2, she really should get the boot.

That's what people on here have been ssaying since the start of the live finals, and she is still here.
  • jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand Hannah. Her singing gives me a headache. Hope she goes next week.