DVD Playback

My pc is a 2.8ghz p4 but with only 64mb of onboard graphics.Idon't use it for games but i am disappointed with DVD playback quality,is this because of the onboard graphics and would a dedicated graphics card improve playback quality?

Comments

• jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Molipa wrote:
    My pc is a 2.8ghz p4 but with only 64mb of onboard graphics.Idon't use it for games but i am disappointed with DVD playback quality,is this because of the onboard graphics and would a dedicated graphics card improve playback quality?

It might, but so might adding more RAM, as the graphics card is using up to 64 Mb of your RAM.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    you couldalso try a different player,i find powerdvd gives smoother results than windows media player on my laptop.
  • MolipaMolipa Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I have 512MB of ram so i dont think that's the problem, or am i just being fussy.
    When i bought this pc at Xmas i just thought DVD playback would be as good as my cheap DVD player on my TV.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Molipa wrote:
    I have 512MB of ram so i dont think that's the problem, or am i just being fussy.
    When i bought this pc at Xmas i just thought DVD playback would be as good as my cheap DVD player on my TV.

I can't say for sure, as I haven't got a modern PC, but DVD playback via a software decoder isn't as good normally as from a dedicated hardware player, irrespective of the PC specs.

:)