Psy's "Gangnam Style" hits #1 in iTunes U.S.

124»

Comments

• djfrancisdjfrancis Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i find it funny. Anyone seen the London one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMmyeXeXeK0 :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually love it! All over social media, because it's funny. It's not something to be taken so seriously! The video is brilliant, make me smile every time :D From what I've hear (I obviously don't speak Korean) it is a satirical song. I like it and people shouldn't be made to feel bad for something they like. I haven't bought it yet, but I may do in the future. It makes me happy :)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has 301m views on YouTube :D

Looks like it has taken the world my storm. I was out last night in a big nightclub, the song came on and EVERYONE knew the moves. I say, well done to Psy!
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I love this :D So happy it's doing so well worldwide, this should/could be the start of k-pop going mainstream!
  • aiseyaisey Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    All this proves is how you really can sell any old crap to the moronic masses if you shove it down people's throats enough. Makes me kinda sad actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aisey wrote: »
    All this proves is how you really can sell any old crap to the moronic masses if you shove it down people's throats enough. Makes me kinda sad actually.

It makes you sad that people are enjoying a fun song? It's not meant to be taken seriously. If you don't like it fine, don't call people that do like it morons.
    Forum Member
    It makes you sad that people are enjoying a fun song? It's not meant to be taken seriously. If you don't like it fine, don't call people that do like it morons.

Point proved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Point proved.

Nice, you seem like a lovely person.
    Forum Member
    Nice, you seem like a lovely person.

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    Ok, that was uncalled for. Apologies. Still terrible though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, that was uncalled for. Apologies. Still terrible though.

It's fine :P Yes, the song is terrible, but it's fun and I like it :D
  • FrankJaegerFrankJaeger Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    It has 301m views on YouTube :D

That's nothing. Justin Bieber's Baby has 782,492,688 views.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

'Baby' was uploaded 2 years ago, 'Gangnam Style' two months ago. Not really a great comparison :p
  • FrankJaegerFrankJaeger Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    odie8391 wrote: »
    'Baby' was uploaded 2 years ago, 'Gangnam Style' two months ago. Not really a great comparison :p

Once the hype has died down it will soon be forgotten about. In 2 years time it won't even have 500m views.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member

I wouldn't say 301m is 'nothing'. 301m is a hell of a lot. And Baby was released 2-3 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just gone no1 again on US iTunes and has a great chance of actually going to #1 in the US and in the UK, i like the video but the song is dire and hopefully the hype will die down soon.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    This is only the beginning, here he slayed Beyonce and Gaga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU8LJK0-fCo&feature=player_embedded

Saw this on an anime site weeks ago... hilarious!! :eek: :D

I love 'Gangnam Style', though I find it bizarre that you would want to hang out drinking expensive coffee with cheap ramen ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Horrifically this is plaguing brain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's funny but it's just so manufactured.

Middle aged Korean guy in a suit has a catchy phrase "Gangnam Style" (just like "every day i'm shuffling" or "Johnny, what the ****?" or "bom bom Americano") followed by an instrumental breakdown and a dance routine. It's such a cliche in dance music and the fact it's a Korean man doing it is for the shock/comedy value. It's more about the video than the song.