Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Baby Named 'North West'!

Comments

• SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, they will call here "NORI for short" they say, it's hardly shorter :rolleyes:

This is just one more reason why i hate celebs so much.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rogue277 wrote: »
    Update: Here is a copy of the birth certificate.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0621_nortwest_birthcertificate.pdf

The baby appears to have no middle name!

Source: TMZ

I'm calling fake. Without showing the signatures, that can be double checked quite easily, that document isn't worth shite.

Little Kash Kow Kardashian will have her name revealed when the price is right.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Ha, they will call here "NORI for short" they say, it's hardly shorter :rolleyes:

I think the Nori is quite nice,they should just call her that
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw it's not so bad. The wee mite is to be called 'Nori'. Like it's better to be known as Japanese seaweed
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    2 more idiot parents!
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't call the baby Fishsticks then, what a shame :)

(Only for South Park fans)
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

Just call her Knorr and they can make a fortune in sponsorship... which is why Kim got pregnant in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this actually been confirmed? This CANNOT be true surely? Isn't this some form of abuse?!

Before, the only positive (and non-superficial) thing I could say about this family is that they give their children nice/normal names (bar 'Scotland-but at least that was a middle name). And now I can't even say that.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if this has been confirmed or not but I don't think North as a first name is one of the worst I've heard, when it comes to celebrity baby names. The mix of first name and surname is a bit unfortunate but its hardly the most bizarre name I've heard. Check out the names in this photo gallery for comparison:- http://www.wetpaint.com/network/gallery/from-moonblood-to-mingus-top-15-craziest-celebrity-baby-names
  • RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does sat on the pic 'informational' and not a valid document of identity.

Also they confirmed it would be a k name didn't they?

Sticking with h north thing, for fun, middle name sold also be North. North North West has a better ring to it. Just like Sue Sue Heck in 'The Middle'
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it looks like North West is the little baby's name if the Daily Fail is to be believed. Poor thing. Not that she will care with all her riches to roll around in as she grows up, mind you.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it not Kaidence Donda West?
    Everywhere seems to be reporting that it's now "North"
    I don't know why celebrities feel the need to name their babies ridiculous names. I thought Beyonce's "Blue Ivy" was bad but North West seems like a joke. I can't see why Kim would name her baby North and all of her family accepting.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    нöℓєs wrote: »
    Has this actually been confirmed? This CANNOT be true surely? Isn't this some form of abuse?!

Before, the only positive (and non-superficial) thing I could say about this family is that they give their children nice/normal names
    (bar 'Scotland-but at least that was a middle name). And now I can't even say that.

Apart from the stupid name that is Kendall and the bastardisation of Chloe I agree :D
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering that them having this baby is all about putting more money in the bank, they should have called her Nat.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Considering that them having this baby is all about putting more money in the bank, they should have called her Nat.

Lol that reminds me of story of a girl called Natalie West who had/has the twitter name something like @natwest and when Natwest (the bank) experienced technical problems a while back, people tweeted her loads of abuse over it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the stupid name that is Kendall and the bastardisation of Chloe I agree :D

I didn't know a Kendall existed! There's too many. Too many :cry:
  • dachoccydudedachoccydude Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TMZ have posted fake documents before, to try and prove one of their stories to be factual.

I also would lean towards the idea that a hospital wouldn't give away a birth certificate to the highest bidder. As I said, it's really idiotic to believe any stories pertaining to this situation until it's released by any given member of the family THEMSELVES.

This birth certificate, if indeed it is real, hasn't been released by the hospital, but by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (LACRR/CC). If real, it's the offical, legal one. Yes, the hospital gives the parents a "birth certificate", but it is nothing like that one, just a printed piece of white paper with some of the pertinent information. It's no good for anything, really, except when you go to your doctor's office for your newbaby checkup, or proving your newborn to WIC (Women, Infants and Children - a program that gives low-income families vouchers for milk, cheese, eggs, vegetables, fruit, cereal, bread, juice, formula, etc). The hospital forwards the paperwork to the County who then issues the real certificate some time later.
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    I'm calling fake. Without showing the signatures, that can be double checked quite easily, that document isn't worth shite.

Little Kash Kow Kardashian will have her name revealed when the price is right.
    It does sat on the pic 'informational' and not a valid document of identity.

Los Angeles County issue "Informational Copies" to people who are not deemed "authorised". As such, the words "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT OF IDENTITY" are printed over it so that any old Joe cannot use it as his own. The County also block out the signatures of the parent, doctor ("Attending certifier") and local registrar on these versions.

I haven't made up my mind yet whether I believe it or not The document TMZ published certainly looks real, but there are also reasons for which I have my doubts.

Like I said, in LA County you tell the hospital the child's name, and they issue the parents with a temporary "birth certificate" (not for use as ID), while forwarding the paperwork to LA County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. This takes many days. For example, on my oldest son's official, legal birth certificate, who was born on 10/8/03, boxes 12C and 13C (the boxes showing the date the paperwork is signed by the mother and Attendant - usually the doctor or midwife) are dates 10/10/03. On my youngest son's, who was born on 7/11//11, boxes 12C and 13C are dated 7/12/11. The fact that Kim signed on the 18th and the doctor signed on the 19th depends when the clerk comes around and when the doctor is available. So it's different to my experiences, but not outside the realm of possibility, and doesn't make me suspicious. At this point I could believe it's authentic.

There is also at least one other version of the birth certificate. It's available at CBS and Zap2It. In both versions, the mother's, doctor's and local registrar's signatures are blacked-out by the County because it's an Information copy. The CBS one shows the Doctor's name, office address and license number. A quick Google search confirms that Dr Paul Crane is her OB/GYN, and he is registered as an OB/GYN at California's Medical Board. The visible swirls in the doctor's signature, the identical size and shape of the redacted blocks (for example, where the registrar's signature is blacked-out, there's a little tip at the top right of the block) make the document appear to be the same. Additionally, in the TMZ document, the doctor's Medical Board number and office address are blacked-out but in a different style (size, shape, colour) to the one done by the County. It was probably done digitally by TMZ after they slapped their logo over the document.

if you look closely at both versions, you can see that the Local Registration Number (top right printed part) is 1201319050674 in both documents, and various scratches, blips and marks are in identical places on both documents. Above the barcode, both docs appear to have the outline of a rectangle that is the size of an address label. Just above that, there are two heavy dots. At the bottom of the certificates, there's a scratch above the word "record" and below the word "and". At the top of the certificates, below the word "PUBLIC" is what appears to be a hair, a scratch next to the word "HEALTH", and a vertical mark in the middle of the empty area, somewhat below "HEALTH". At this point, the documents still appear authentic.

However, going back to the dates on the certificate, the final dates on my sons' certificates, "Date accepted for registration", are 10/20/03 and 7/29/11. That's the date the County enters it into the system. The dates are many days after the DOB because (A) the hospital clerk has to send the paperwork over to the county which is done in batches. I doubt even Cedars Sinai which probably has a huge clerks department would not get the paperwork sorted and filed at their end and sent over to the County by the following day when it took them over three days to get a clerk to do the rounds and have Kim and the Dr receive and sign their paperwork. And then (B) the County has to enter the information. Since there are 107 hospitals in LA County in which you can give birth ("general acute care"), if each of those have just two births in a day that's 214 births that the County has to register. That won't happen the day after they receive the information, there's a backlog (A- this is LA County, and B- they actually tell you there's a 6-8 week wait for entering birth/death/marriage certificates), and they aren't going to skip some from weeks before just because it comes from a celebrity or a sleb-happy hospital like Cedars Sinai. This makes me skeptical.

TMZ posted its article this morning, the 21st, at 8.15AM. Given that the only LACRR/CC branch open at 8am is the Norwalk office, somebody (from TMZ?) had to be there in person before 8AM (not impossible), the office had to open on time (LA County? Not likely), and the source then has to:
    • Find a kiosk
    • Enter all his information
    • Enter the child's information
    • Take a ticket
    • Sit down
    • Wait
    • Wait some more, even if he is first in line
    • Get called to the window
    • Go through everything again with a cashier
    • Pay
    • Wait
    • Receive the document
    • Leave
    Let's be really generous to the County for a second and say that they did skip over weeks' worth of certificates to enter a birth of a sleb baby, and that the source's process at the office takes just 5 minutes (it never has for me, it is more like an hour for anything at these offices), the source then has to get the document over to TMZ. Well, it's 24 miles between Norwalk RR/CC and the TMZ offices, and 34 minutes in good traffic. At 8.05 on a Friday morning, you're looking at something like 2 hours. So what other options are left? Faxing won't result in good quality. So emailing is the most likely option, especially with the latest phones with HD cameras. But still, then someone has to write up an article. Albeit a very short article that took all of five minutes to write, but they still have to get it edited and then get the image PDFed, and then publish it and the story. All that between the County Registrar office opening at 8AM and the article being published at 8.15. Can TMZ publish something that quick? Probably, but the County does not just issue an "Informational Certified Document" to a non-authorized person in 5 minutes. This also makes me skeptical.

Going back to the two different versions of the birth certificate, having already established that they appear to be the same document, there are also details that seem to contradict that. The red lettering "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY" is printed on every birth certificate that is not obtained by an authorised person. But why is the red lettering in slightly different positions in the TMZ and CBS copies? The comma in TMZ's is to the lower left of the number 1201319050674, but in CBS's, is to the left. The V in VALID touches the L in NOEL in the CBS version, but does not in TMZ's. The final S in ESTABLISH goes across the word KARDASHIAN in the CBS version, but barely touches it in TMZ's. It's not special paper that is pre-printed with those words, it's done digitally by a the computer when the cashier at the RR/CC office tells it it's an Informational Copy. Also, the barcode number on both documents are different. Having needed to obtain a number of copies of my children's birth certificates for obtaining citizenship in the UK and Canada (neither I nor my wife are American), the barcodes are the same on each copy. If you look at the TMZ doc, which is higher quality than the CBS one, you can see that the barcode is printed in the same ink as the rest of the document. That's because it's part of the document. It doesn't change from one copy to another. So why are they different for North's certificates, even though everything else makes the documents appear identical? This makes me skeptical as to whether it's legitimate.

If they are fakes, they're very good fakes (but this is Hollywood, and I bet faked and/or blank birth certificates from LA County can be obtained easily). But if it is real, someone in the Kardashian or West family obviously pulled some strings or greased some hands at the hospital and the County to get this pushed through all the steps so quickly. But why? All I can think is to gain more publicity and prove they named their baby North? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    2 more idiot parents!
    I like the name Kaidence, This "North" thing a joke surely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless they are stretching it out and making the most of the time until Kate gives birth soon and reveal the child, it's real name on grandmas talk show alongside a magazine spread of the childs first pictures & Kim no doubt. Now they could have got away with Nori West or Nori Donda West but being a Kardashian they no doubt went along with it as it has given them a lot of attention and got alot of people talking about it. Unless this is a big FU to controlling, money hungry Kris Jenner from Kanye. x
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I like the name Kaidence, This "North" thing a joke surely.

Probably. Anything to drag this out for as long as possible. It's all about the 'kash'.
  • Laptop LilLaptop Lil Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    North West :eek:

If it's middle names are East and South, then it really will be news :D
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laptop Lil wrote: »
    North West :eek:

If it's middle names are East and South, then it really will be news :D

should have gone with Wild West! the poor kid, will be filmed from the time she was born, and trotted around like an accessory
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I saw an article earlier which said that Kim had laughed at and denied the rumoured baby name. Annoyingly, I can't seem to find it now.
    нöℓєs wrote: »
    I didn't know a Kendall existed! There's too many. Too many :cry:

Kendall is not a Kardashian, if that makes things more bearable for you! :p The Kardashian siblings are Kim, Khloe, Kourtney and, er, Rob and they have younger half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I thought I saw an article earlier which said that Kim had laughed at and denied the rumoured baby name. Annoyingly, I can't seem to find it now.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/googoogaga/kim-kardashian-laughed-baby-north-west-jay-leno-daughter-kanye-west-125023065.html

Back in March the name was suggested and she laughed it off on Jay Leno.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a segment of this YouTube vid when the name 'North' was first suggested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9vXJu0pezs

I think the name's just a joke but if it is for real, then pity on the poor baby...