Options

Watchdog - May 2014

Comments

• Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Once you get into HiFi (or the TV equivalent) then all common sense goes out of the window. Advertise an audio amplifier that worked up to 1 MHz then some mug would buy it.

There is the same lunacy with mains cables.

Digressing,

As I'm into hifi in a modest way, this photo from a USA message board to which I contribute, came into mind.
    Plenty more contributors with similar systems.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l487/CarmenSternwood/image.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Did you decide based on the feature in Watchdog?

No :) I need a bagged vacuum cleaner despite a lot of people saying to me dyson is better for allergy sufferers, sebo is hospital grade. It's more like a tradition vacuum cleaner, I've had similar to dyson before and didn't get on with it. So seeing this feature kind of cemented my decision.
  • Options
    DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems strange that episode 5 still isn't available on iPlayer :(
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This joke of a show should be re-named Watch Pussy Cat because lets face it none of the toerags on this show ever get properly punished, the companys keep putting out the same statements about how 'our proceedures have been changed and are safeguard against wrongdoing are robust' or 'we have not done anything wrong'. They are all out to mislead lie, cheat and con as many people out of as much money as possible and the police and government know this and do nothing about it because of the politcal agenda of portraying crime as having come down when it has not but instead has gone through the roof.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    This joke of a show should be re-named Watch Pussy Cat because lets face it none of the toerags on this show ever get properly punished, the companys keep putting out the same statements about how 'our proceedures have been changed and are safeguard against wrongdoing are robust' or 'we have not done anything wrong'. They are all out to mislead lie, cheat and con as many people out of as much money as possible and the police and government know this and do nothing about it because of the politcal agenda of portraying crime as having come down when it has not but instead has gone through the roof.

Crime has come down, every single statistical survey says it has, so stop making things up.

Watchdog have no police powers, all they can do is highlight issues.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crime has come down, every single statistical survey says it has, so stop making things up. ...... /QUOTE]

But the police have probably been manipulating crime figures since Robert Peel's day. Various scams have been disclosed recently, they sound similar to what ex-police friends tell me they were doing many years ago. Almost certainly worse now because there are financial reasons for manipulating the figures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sometimes amuses me when "the investigative reporter" attempt to confront someone in the street, reported as having done something illegal.

Their attempts at questioning them are often pathetic, but then, "take away the auto-cue....."
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sometimes amuses me when "the investigative reporter" attempt to confront someone in the street, reported as having done something illegal.

Their attempts at questioning them are often pathetic, but then, "take away the auto-cue....."

I don't think it is anything to do with the lack of 'auto-cue', it is difficult to conduct an intelligent interview when the person is walking/running/driving away from you. All you can hope to do is ask a very short question that you know they are not going to answer.
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crime has come down, every single statistical survey says it has, so stop making things up.

Complete nonsense. Everybody knows these surveys are fake or twisted to fit the political agenda to hoodwink the public into thinking crime has come down when it has without out any doubt whatsoever gone up.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complete nonsense. Everybody knows these surveys are fake or twisted to fit the political agenda to hoodwink the public into thinking crime has come down when it has without out any doubt whatsoever gone up.

Even a bit of evidence for your wild claims would be nice
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is anything to do with the lack of 'auto-cue', it is difficult to conduct an intelligent interview when the person is walking/running/driving away from you. All you can hope to do is ask a very short question that you know they are not going to answer.
    And that approached worked for Roger Cook over many years, including the classic "You've trapped my hand in your car door" question. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes true, but enough times they get completely lost for words or "wrong footed" by their subject.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one is watching this?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    No one is watching this?

Yes the Photography people really pee me off.

And in the preview the gimp cares about his personal space. He deserves a good thrashing.
  • Options
    ianlawnianlawn Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    No one is watching this?

I am. How much more money are they going to give this beauty company
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ianlawn wrote: »
    I am. How much more money are they going to give this beauty company

They should have sent Matt or Anne :Dsee just how good they really are
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God this new mum woman is annoying.... go away!!!!!!
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh get a grip woman, it does rather feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this parent and child thing!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This car parking and sweet thing was the most dire moan I've seen in ages
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I owned a supermarket I would put more sweets than ever at the checkout, the entrance and on every aisle.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh get a grip woman, it does rather feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this parent and child thing!

Its embarrassing. A £4 difference in fares on easyjet? Is that worth a programme? Really?

The checkout thing is hardly a consumer issue either, self control and firm parenting.

I have no idea why this show still exists when stuff like MSE Forums are far far more effective
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha thank you DS for calling this woman out! What a whinger.
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no...heres Esther Rantzen's daughter pitching up again. "Wine o clock" as she says indeed... a large one in my case to ease me through these over dramatized over long VTs.
  • Options
    Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you know, mums run the world?
    Everything gets checked through by mumsnet to ensure it complies to their wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless her she has admitted on national tv she cannot control her child and gives in when it cries.