Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to The Sun, Juve have put in an £18 million bid for Oscar. We're not going to get too much more for him now:( but we should hang on for at least 20 million. I thought at the time he should have been the one to go instead of Mata.

As for Costa.
    If he really is homesick? we should let him go back home and look for another top striker.
    We'd get £40 + million for him, but the big question is who we could get to replace him???
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If and its a big IF we should not just let him go. We should first look at ways of making him feel more at home and settle etc, If then he still feels the same way then ok but to not to try and solve the issue is not the way to go
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20 million for oscar? are you having a laugh.

he is going nowhere for that price, they would have to at least double it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    If and its a big IF we should not just let him go. We should first look at ways of making him feel more at home and settle etc, If then he still feels the same way then ok but to not to try and solve the issue is not the way to go

its just dixon.

costa is going nowhere.

40 million indeed, double it!
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    20 million for oscar? are you having a laugh.

he is going nowhere for that price, they would have to at least double it.

£40 million for Oscar?

How much did you pay for Costa?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £40 million for Oscar?

How much did you pay for Costa?

we paid around 30 for costa.

oscar is fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we paid around 30 for costa.

oscar is fantastic.

I would consider Costa a level above Oscar and I would be suprised if he ended up costing more than 25-30 million for the buying club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would consider Costa a level above Oscar and I would be suprised if he ended up costing more than 25-30 million for the buying club.

Perhaps if you have watched him in a few more games then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps if you have watched him in a few more games then

Unless there's a club out there with money to burn I just can't see it tbh.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We get £50m for David Luiz and now Juventus are talking about £18m for Oscar ?
    They're having a laugh, surely ?
    Oscar plus £15m for Pogba perhaps. Even then I'm not so sure it would be a great deal for us.

I just watched a recording of the Colombia v Brazil game. Caudrado looked very impressive, perhaps he will surprise us all next season. Unfortunately, Falcao didn't contribute much again, but his movement wasn't bad. Carlos Sanchez of Villa was also impressive, he had a good WC as well. I'm surprised a bigger club didn't go for him, Villa picked him up for something like £4m ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We get £50m for David Luiz and now Juventus are talking about £18m for Oscar ?
    They're having a laugh, surely ?
    Oscar plus £15m for Pogba perhaps. Even then I'm not so sure it would be a great deal for us.

I just watched a recording of the Colombia v Brazil game. Caudrado looked very impressive, perhaps he will surprise us all next season. Unfortunately, Falcao didn't contribute much again, but his movement wasn't bad. Carlos Sanchez of Villa was also impressive, he had a good WC as well. I'm surprised a bigger club didn't go for him, Villa picked him up for something like £4m ?

50 million for Luiz was a one off I think. The Nitrous Oxide must have been passed around the boardroom at PSG before they decided to make that offer.

:D
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    50 million for Luiz was a one off I think. The Nitrous Oxide must have been passed around the boardroom at PSG before they decided to make that offer.

Agreed, it was a ridiculous amount. But until his form dipped at the end of last season, Oscar was one of Mourinho's first names on the team sheet, a key player for us. He's still only 23 years old with 45 caps for Brazil..and 12 goals, not a bad return for a creative midfielder ? As a footballer, taking his entire skill-set into consideration, I would rate him higher than Costa. But I realise strikers are always worth a premium.
    Realistically he should be worth £35m+ in my opinion. But if we do sell, we've picked just about the worst time since he joined us. So maybe my figure is optimistic.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

37 million for Mata was more than tidy I would say;-)
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be against us selling Oscar if a good offer came in and we had someone decent in mind to replace him, but I wouldn't consider £18m being acceptable. We paid around £25m for him and we shouldn't sell under that. Between £25m and £30m would be about right for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    37 million for Mata was more than tidy I would say;-)

No real suprise that we got stung with that one.

We very rarely buy players that we we don't end up paying a premium for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be against us selling Oscar if a good offer came in and we had someone decent in mind to replace him, but I wouldn't consider £18m being acceptable. We paid around £25m for him and we shouldn't sell under that. Between £25m and £30m would be about right for him.

Sorry, thats madness.

He is 23 and is going to be a world class player.

We have sold/ got rid of in the last 2 years

Kevin de-bruyne
    Juan Mata
    Andre Schurrle
    David Luiz

All are fantastic midfield players, lets not go on to add Oscar to that list
    Forum Member
    Sorry, thats madness.

He is 23 and is going to be a world class player.

We have sold/ got rid of in the last 2 years

Kevin de-bruyne
    Juan Mata
    Andre Schurrle
    David Luiz

All are fantastic midfield players, lets not go on to add Oscar to that list

Who did we bring in with the money received for those players? The likes of Matic, Fabregas and Costa. Apart from replacing Schurrle with Cuadrado, overall we've done quite well out of selling those players I'd say. They certainly made the difference between us winning the Premier League or not.

If Oscar is still at the club in a year's time it'll be interesting to revisit these posts. If he has another underwhelming season like the last two then I think you might have to revise your faith in him becoming this world class player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Oscar is still here in a year's time it'll be interesting to revisit these posts. If he has another underwhelming season like the last two then I think you might have to revise your faith in him becoming this world class player.

Fair enough.

But he is in and out of the team, has had no break in summer for at least 3 years (he is still playing international football this summer!) and clearly has talent and vision.

Other "world class" players, like rooney, are given a free pass - he has been poor for 2 seasons now.
    Forum Member
    Fair enough.

But he is in and out of the team, has had no break in summer for at least 3 years (he is still playing international football this summer!) and clearly has talent and vision.

Other "world class" players, like rooney, are given a free pass - he has been poor for 2 seasons now.

Oscar is having a break this summer, as he was ruled out of Brazil's Copa America squad. Hopefully the rest will do him good. The reason he's in and out of our team so much is because he's inconsistent.

As for Rooney that may be true but as a Chelsea fan it's of no real concern to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for Rooney that may be true but as a Chelsea fan it's of no real concern to me.

Lots of our fans are on oscars case though, with dixon saying he should be sold for 20 million.

We should not sell our best young players, or we will become the liverpool or arsenal of the PL.
    Forum Member
    Lots of our fans are on oscars case though, with dixon saying he should be sold for 20 million.

We should not sell our best young players, or we will become the liverpool or arsenal of the PL.

It's completely different. Liverpool and Arsenal (or at least the Arsenal of a couple of years ago) struggle to hold onto their best players. The players we've sold have been very much on our terms where the sale has suited us. All of those players you listed earlier would have stayed if it hadn't been for the fact they weren't first choice for us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair enough.

Rooney is one goal behind Sir Bobby Charlton's England goal scoring record so I'm sure he'll accept that free pass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rooney is one goal behind Sir Bobby Charlton's England goal scoring record so I'm sure he'll accept that free pass.

Please note that i said in the past two seasons.

He has been very average for united in that time period. Please do not take things out of context.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He has been very average for united in that time period. Please do not take things out of context.

That two years of getting a free pass, it was two years ago Chelsea tried to buy him from United wasn't it?

He'd be world class now if he'd joined would'nt he ?

;-)
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

He might not have been great this season, but the year before he had 17 goals and 10 assists in 27 league starts. That is far from 'average'.