2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno if he is free and would, but OT Fagbenle, Ash in The Interceptor. Different demeanour in interviews to his character. Seen him in theatre too, a good few years back, and thought he had presence.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the BBC will want to put a Radio 1 DJ against defector Grimmy?

Didn't someone post a link earlier in the thread saying Ferne Cotton wanted to do it? Well if she wants to do it, she's another one who could probably just click her fingers and the producers would come running - she has a high profile at the BBC and she has famous connections and we know how much the producers love 'celebs' with connections.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,490
    Forum Member
    In fairness to Fearne, she'd be comfortably one of the higher profile celebs ever to take part and has been famous in her own right for about 15 years.

I think it might be Greg James' turn. He said back in Feb that they'd approached him again but didn't say what he'd decided (not that he could)
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirsty Gallacher, has she ever mentioned anything about it before? By the way Fearne Cotton is six months pregnant so maybe not
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weirdly enough here is a recent interview Zoe Ball had with Kirsty Gallacher were she asks her about doing the show https://youtu.be/GbwjeIo8-uE?t=6m37s ,maybe I'm reading too much into it but there may be a chance of something
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it might be Greg James' turn. He said back in Feb that they'd approached him again but didn't say what he'd decided (not that he could)

I guess if Greg turns them down again they could go for Sara Cox - she's already done the Christmas Special so they could persuade her to do the main series, I know she's radio 2 now but I think most radio 1 listeners will still remember her.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Keegan seems to be the BBC's new golden girl, having appeared on Ordinary Lies early this year and it's just been announced that she'll be heading up the new series of Our Girl. I know she's denied she's doing it, but I think we may be seeing her in the line-up come September.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now she has quit Eastenders, I would love to see Lindsay Coulson sign up.

It would be great to see the fun real side of the actress behind the miserable Carol.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or are we a bit short on names-we're-pretty-sure-are-right for this time of the year?
  • SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Now she has quit Eastenders, I would love to see Lindsay Coulson sign up.

It would be great to see the fun real side of the actress behind the miserable Carol.

Maybe Jake Wood, Scott Maslen, Patsy Palmer can talk her into it.
  • Liam1999Liam1999 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle Lloyd would be an interesting one and she's done a few other ones (splash & obviously celebrity big brother back in 2007)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,490
    Forum Member
    http://www.heatworld.com/2015/06/strictly-come-dancing-2015-peter-andre-dermot-o-leary-and-danny-dyer-rumoured-for-line-up#image-31

Some completely ridiculous names in this list, but a few I wouldn't mind seeing.

Matthew Lewis (10/1) would be a good signing!
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Only two month (ish) before the first names are revealed. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam1999 wrote: »
    Danielle Lloyd would be an interesting one and she's done a few other ones (splash & obviously celebrity big brother back in 2007)

A bully and a racist? No thanks.
  • thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Only two month (ish) before the first names are revealed. :o

I know I can't believe it either
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle Harold please. :blush:

I absolutely could see this happening.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering about Paul Gascoigne as a potential sign up. He's currently sober and of quite a high profile with the film and various interviews, during his playing days was known, at every club, for being one of the hardest workers in training - also gives him the chance to reinvent himself with the public.

With the right focus and pro partner could be interesting (also, from the Beeb point of view, the resulting publicity would knock the X Factors new panel out of sight).
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is very fragile though - a supportive partner can only do so much when you are up against the public vote and the judging panel. Seemingly strong characters appear to turn into wobbly mush after a visit to the dance off. On the other hand, he is still held in great affection and having something tangible to work towards could be good for him. Just so long as Gary Linekar didn't feel the urge to be in the audience every week!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC would be well-advised to steer clear - such exposure & pressure could quite easily tip him back over the edge, not at all good for him, and of course the BBC would get the blame.

And what's more, the BBC can leave titanic on-air or behind-the-scenes meltdowns to the likes of Big Brother, IAC etc
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    He is very fragile though - a supportive partner can only do so much when you are up against the public vote and the judging panel. Seemingly strong characters appear to turn into wobbly mush after a visit to the dance off. On the other hand, he is still held in great affection and having something tangible to work towards could be good for him. Just so long as Gary Linekar didn't feel the urge to be in the audience every week!
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    The BBC would be well-advised to steer clear - such exposure & pressure could quite easily tip him back over the edge, not at all good for him, and of course the BBC would get the blame.

And what's more, the BBC can leave titanic on-air or behind-the-scenes meltdowns to the likes of Big Brother, IAC etc

Completely get what you're saying, and you're more then likely right. Just thinking that most of Gazza's problems with alcohol occurred after his football days, when he had nothing to focus on, although behaving like a hyperactive toddler during a lot of his football playing days, drinking wasn't behind it - with proper focus and something to work towards he could be an interesting signing - he was known at all of his clubs as being the/one of the hardest workers during training.

But the pressure and resulting increased media spotlight more then likely means it wouldn't be a good idea for him, at least not at the moment
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My missus is angling for Boris Becker, as usual ;)
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the BBC will want to put a Radio 1 DJ against defector Grimmy?

I'd like to see Greg James (Breakfast Grimmy vs Drivetime Greg) or Dave Berry for the battle of the breakfast shows. Capital FM Breakfast in London lost it's London's no1 breakfast figures to Kiss FM earlier in the year, and with the addition of Grimmy judging TXF and Melvin hosting Xtra Factor Capital might be pushing Dave to do it this year :D
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely get what you're saying, and you're more then likely right. Just thinking that most of Gazza's problems with alcohol occurred after his football days, when he had nothing to focus on, although behaving like a hyperactive toddler during a lot of his football playing days, drinking wasn't behind it - with proper focus and something to work towards he could be an interesting signing - he was known at all of his clubs as being the/one of the hardest workers during training.

But the pressure and resulting increased media spotlight more then likely means it wouldn't be a good idea for him, at least not at the moment
    Paul Gascoigne was scheduled to take part in the one-off Strictly Ice Dancing several years ago and then pulled out almost at last minute, so I doubt they'd take a chance on him again, especially with his known problems. They'd probably regard him as too great a risk. Thinking of his Strictly Ice Dancing replacement, though, I could see David Seaman doing Strictly if asked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking about footballers, how about Alan Shearer or Thierry Henry? I would suggest Rio Ferdinand as well, but after the year he's had I doubt he'd be up for it.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    Thinking of his Strictly Ice Dancing replacement, though, I could see David Seaman doing Strictly if asked.

Not impossible but doubtful as he has already done Dancing on Ice.