BRIANS quit!!!!

Comments

• wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Neither have I but does this mean they haven't said it and perhaps it has not been broadcast, the pendulum of thinking swings in both ways.

Probably there are HMs in there that do like Helen but I'm guessing that's only because she's allowed them to get to know her well enough to like her. That's my biggest problem with Helen, she seems to decide she doesn't like you more or less straight off and once she has gone in that direction never seems to give anyone a chance to see her better side (if she does have one is in question though). Furthermore if you are in close proximity with someone for days one end and you have decided you don't like them or care for them one bit wouldn't it be better to just more or less ignore them? Helen can't seem to do this and cursing and insulting said HM is all you hear from her regarding them: surely everyone has one good point worth a compliment or two?

She claimed a few days back that if she doesn't like somebody she does ignore them. How much better it would be for all concerned if that were actually true.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    Nobody can bring down Mark, he is immune, just like Helen last year.

If you can't see how nasty Mark and Helen are......I really don't know what to say.

Helen is a raincloud of doom who says nothing positive, ever.
    Mark is a shitty little fly who buzzes around your face & then gets annoyed when he is swatted

Well that's fair enough, I'm not sure that I'd fully agree with it, but I do to some extent, and I think that's a reasonable opinion to hold.
    But evil bullies? I don't see it.
    Not just evil bullies, but add to that the list of the lowest insults Brian could dream up. I think he called them scum at one point. Marc and Helen haven't gone that nasty.
    I think he was over egging the pudding somewhat.

If we treat Marc and Helen as separate people, which I think perhaps we should, the worst thing Helen has said in my opinion is the comment about Jack which I won't repeat, which was early on and quite a while ago.
    When Helen has got a bit nasty it's been when she's retaliated to Brian getting nasty towards her, where she would try to be quite hurtful.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I like him, I don't care what anybody else says *stomps foot* :D

I imagine it really has soiled his wonderful memories of being on BB, although he now knows it's nothing like it used to be.

It amazes me how people are saying Helen's not as bad as she used to be - purely because she's more media savvy and also there for other reasons. It doesn't negate her behaviour last year, which I believe is the real Helen. She's always had the ability to be sensible, little sparks of which we see in this series, unfortunately it's topped off with a toxic personality.

As for Brian - and Nikki - I like that they weren't taken in by her. I like that Brian at least has the courage of his convictions, even if his method of delivery is rather bumbling.

Me too - I wonder whether they're watching the same Helen as I am!
    richie4eva wrote: »
    I hope not

What I'm dreading most with this series basically collapsing around their ears, they are going to turn around and say "Eff it, we are going to make Poison Ivy and Nikki full housemates and they are eligible to win"

My dread too Richie, and clearly Helen would accept but I'm not sure Nikki could take much more of this poisonous house.
    Cornchips wrote: »
    I didn't buy alot of his rants and think he did alot just so he dould be seen to be taking on Helen

However Helen is toxic and she has ruined this house like she did last year. No idea why they thought it was a good idea to bring her back. marc is also toxic imho.

Hi CC:) I b elieved him, I really think that Helen got on his very last nerve, and he has nothing to lose by ranting!

Marc is certainly toxic now, and we'll never know how he'd have been if he hadn't been sucked into Helen's web. Such a pity, she's ruined it for the HMs and for us - well, me at least!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I like him, I don't care what anybody else says *stomps foot* :D

I imagine it really has soiled his wonderful memories of being on BB, although he now knows it's nothing like it used to be.

It amazes me how people are saying Helen's not as bad as she used to be - purely because she's more media savvy and also there for other reasons. It doesn't negate her behaviour last year, which I believe is the real Helen. She's always had the ability to be sensible, little sparks of which we see in this series, unfortunately it's topped off with a toxic personality.

As for Brian - and Nikki - I like that they weren't taken in by her. I like that Brian at least has the courage of his convictions, even if his method of delivery is rather bumbling.

I think many people would be aware of that. But if she hasn't been that bad in the house because she's being media savvy, then she hasn't been that bad in the house.
    You can't accuse somebody of being guilty of something they haven't done in the house. Even Helen.

She isn't anywhere near as bad as she was last year. But if people attack her just because of who she is, then what makes them so good if they are guilty of the same behaviour she was accused of last year?
    I think some people like Brian WANT her to behave as badly as she did last year so that it gives them an excuse to behave in an equally aggressive manner.

Somebody who is genuinely good wouldn't encourage feelings of division and try to provoke a situation where people feel negative towards each other. They'd try to find common ground between people and attempt to build bridges.
    Brian is as guilty as anyone else if not more so in this regard.
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Maybe the HMs took him to task over his apparent duplicity regarding the Nikki melt down.

Bang in the swing of it all one moment then reassuring her that he had known something bad was going to happen all day.

Weasel words Brian. Maybe he left to save face and avoid any more damaging footage?
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member
    Well that's fair enough, I'm not sure that I'd fully agree with it, but I do to some extent, and I think that's a reasonable opinion to hold.
    Not just evil bullies, but add to that the list of the lowest insults Brian could dream up. I think he called them scum at one point. Marc and Helen haven't gone that nasty.

If we treat Marc and Helen as separate people, which I think perhaps we should, the worst thing Helen has said in my opinion is the comment about Jack which I won't repeat, which was early on and quite a while ago.
    When Helen has got a bit nasty it's been when she's retaliated to Brian getting nasty towards her, where she would try to be quite hurtful.

Don't forget though that we only see a tiny fraction of what goes on in the house. It's also not necessarily what Helen says, it's her whole demeanour and menacing presence. She could be making digs all day long - and in my view she will be - but nothing spectacular enough to make the HLs. Imagine how draining that would be 24/7 and how edgy it would make everyone feel, so when we see any HM snap back at Helen, it's probably the last straw for them.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many posters seem to have two very serious problems affecting their judgement at the moment.

1. They cannot distinguish between Helen's behaviour this year and Helen's behaviour last year.
    2. The cannot separate Marc and Helen - who are two very different individuals.

I wore my fingers to the bone castigating Helen last year. She was bloody awful! >:( However, I genuinely fail to see what she has done this year that's so bad. I just don't see it. She's still unpleasant and sour - but so's Harry, so's Joel a lot of the time - and I quite like both of them at this stage.
    Well I'm sorry that you disagree. But that's just the way I saw it.
    I don't think they have been that toxic. I understand that they can be contentious and ruffle feathers and can lack consideration at times. But they were nowhere near as bad as Brian was trying to paint them as.

Don't forget that Brian himself plotted to bring down Marc and Helen and tried to convince Danny that was what he had to do. Brian told Danny that his clique have to be the Jungle Cats of this series.
    Now why isn't that seen as toxic to the atmosphere in there? Brian didn't want to mend bridges and bring people together, he tried to encourage them to be divisive.
    That is something which has been seen and is evidence of Brian's own intentions. So he's not really in the position to point fingers at other people when at times he has been guilty of being the biggest aggressor in there.

Nowhere near as bad as Brian was trying to paint them and nowhere near as bad as Brian has behaved himself! He has repeatedly fired foul-mouthed insults at them and lost his temper and made himself look like a fool. Much of the time it's arisen out of very little or nothing.
    R82n8 wrote: »
    He did right, he wanted a laugh and got Helen & Mark.
    Two of the nastiest housmates in big brother history.

Brian doesn't need the money, he got a massive pay off from TOWIE.

I'm not a fan of Brian, but good on him for leaving. BB these days is toxic.

Hang on a second here. He KNEW Helen was going in. He KNEW Marc was already in there. Why these posts suggesting that he was taken by surprise at the company he was expected to keep? He, Helen and Nikki were doing promotional pics in the lead-up to their entry!
    wotnot wrote: »
    I absolutely hate how Helen is being supported over this. It reminds me back to when Cristian made the comment about people calling him greedy and the frustration of being labelled something when it isn't really warranted. Whether it was warranted in Cristians case I don't know but I certainly understand the point that he was making.

Helen has provoked, been nasty, name called and been very personal to most of the housemates and been the cause or at least part of most of the arguments and bad feeling in the house for two years running but lets forget that and focus on the fact that someone finally lost their temper and stood up to hideous Helen :(

She really hasn't, you know; even though you, I and many others would have expected her to - maybe even wanted her to. She just hasn't. Brian has been the one stirring up the negativity and arguments; shoving Danny, Jack etc. into an escalation of animosity. It was his plan all along and it didn't quite work as Helen hasn't risen to him.
    Very well said.

How do you know they're 'tolerating her and holding their breaths'? Are you a mind reader. Apart from Brian and Danny. I haven't seen or heard any of the others say they don't like Helen. It's Marc they seem to have the problem with.

I say this as a Helen 'Hater''. I cant stand her.

It's all a bit 'this is how I thought it would/hoped it would go' and very little recognition on her of what has actually happened in the house.

:D:D PERHAPS? Of course we bloody should! They're not Siamese twins!

.............. I'm agreeing with you by the way. It seems there's a new rule where one has to refer to Marc and Helen/Helen and Marc in the same breath. They're very different characters.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed and yet he did stick it out. Just goes to show how utterly foul Hellun and Marc are. >:(She ruined last years show and they are both doing a pretty good job of doing the same with this one. I think you'll also find Hellun is the worst, gobbiest housemate of all time. Charley doesn't even come close for nastiness.

What is this six figure sum of money your quote.:confused:
    Couldn't disagree more. They are a pair of toxic twins. Ruined this years show the pair of them. Loatheseome twosome.>:(

oh & the reason the other hm's havent walked is becasue they are in it to win it. ..plain and simple.

For the most part, I agree with you (and also with muggins14 and others).

I think there's more to why other HMs haven't walked, and I don't think Charley was nasty in he way Helen's been -- I see her as a different sort, rather than as a lesser Helen -- but those disagreements with your posts are, relatively, quite small.

The fundamental problem with Alrightmate's "why haven't other housemates walked?" is that different people have different breaking points: different points where a straw is the last straw. So one HM going and others staying is what I'd expect, in most cases, even if all HMs were affected in similar ways.

I can't make sense of Syntax Error's "It's amazing what the prospect of a six figure sum of money can do for one's resolve!" unless it means the prospect of winning bb8 strengthened Brians resolve in 2007. But I think Carole and Charley were much easier to be in a house with than Helen and Marc -- and I found bb8 a far more enjoyable series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YESSSSSS!!!!

I feel like Micheal Scott when Toby was leaving :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbr3VQvM7j8

His fake hero always starting beef ass should have never entered the house in the 1st place. He has lost a lot of fans, of course the blind remain loyal to him.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what he will do.

He will have a faux pained expression & he will stutter & stumble over his words to give them more potency.

This is a man who shared a house with Charley Uchea who was arguably the gobbiest HM of all-time & Carole Vincent, who was arguably the most controlling & life sucking HM ever, but can't handle a couple of weeks with Marc & Helen?

It's amazing what the prospect of a six figure sum of money can do for one's resolve!

There will be lots of" they are evil" smattered through his stumbling's painting himeself as a hero, who tried and did his best. In fact l could almost write his script word for word.
  • KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    The reason Brian has quit is glaringly obvious, if he waited and left with the other 'legends' then he gets a shared 10 minute interview and maybe a seat on bbots next week. If he makes a big drama a couple of days before eviction night, then he gets headlines, a sensitive, 'poor Brian' interview on bbots and takes all the limelight for himself for a while. Result.
    Bet this was the plan all along, the build up has been there since the first few days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kayok wrote: »
    The reason Brian has quit is glaringly obvious, if he waited and left with the other 'legends' then he gets a shared 10 minute interview and maybe a seat on bbots next week. If he makes a big drama a couple of days before eviction night, then he gets headlines, a sensitive, 'poor Brian' interview on bbots and takes all the limelight for himself for a while. Result.
    Bet this was the plan all along, the build up has been there since the first few days.

Quoted for emphasis.

Dude is cunning and manipulative, his charade reminds me of Keyser Soze. He's playing a game and it's sad that people are falling for it.
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    That he should get more food because he weighs more? Greedy B*****d syndrome more like. He should have been suggesting he takes smaller portions since he has more mass to sustain him.

No, you got the complete wrong end of the stick. I was not referring to that, lol

I was referring to the point he made about people labelling others, that it only takes a few or even one person to label you something before everyone believes it. I am not referring to Cristian's situation here, just the point he made which I think is relevant to Helen. Her behaviour is abhorrent and yet a few people say she's just a straight talker and people forget her actions and bile and believe it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    Yes! So glad he's gone, the cloud of doom in the house has been lifted at long last - the guy even moaned that he was intimidated by Helen doing her hair next to him, I mean really, when you're that determined to hate someone it's time to give your head a wobble and p*ss off.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,151
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I agree - he tried to divide and conquer but it backfired; subsequently he can't handle the consequence of his actions.

He didn't create the division.

Brian really thought it was gonna be a fun house. The divide was meticulously planned in the bunker by Helen and Mark. They chose their soldiers and formed a battle plan. Brian was simply trying his best to defend.

There really was no need for it to go down this route. I was pleasantly surprised at this series earlier on that there was no clear divide like there has been in other years. It didn't last though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many posters seem to have two very serious problems affecting their judgement at the moment.

1. They cannot distinguish between Helen's behaviour this year and Helen's behaviour last year.

I wore my fingers to the bone castigating Helen last year. She was bloody awful! >:( However, I genuinely fail to see what she has done this year that's so bad. I just don't see it. She's still unpleasant and sour - but so's Harry, so's Joel a lot of the time - and I quite like both of them at this stage.

Nowhere near as bad as Brian was trying to paint them and nowhere near as bad as Brian has behaved himself! He has repeatedly fired foul-mouthed insults at them and lost his temper and made himself look like a fool. Much of the time it's arisen out of very little or nothing.

Hang on a second here. He KNEW Helen was going in. He KNEW Marc was already in there. Why these posts suggesting that he was taken by surprise at the company he was expected to keep? He, Helen and Nikki were doing promotional pics in the lead-up to their entry!

She really hasn't, you know; even though you, I and many others would have expected her to - maybe even wanted her to. She just hasn't. Brian has been the one stirring up the negativity and arguments; shoving Danny, Jack etc. into an escalation of animosity. It was his plan all along and it didn't quite work as Helen hasn't risen to him.

It's all a bit 'this is how I thought it would/hoped it would go' and very little recognition on her of what has actually happened in the house.

:D:D PERHAPS? Of course we bloody should! They're not Siamese twins!

.............. I'm agreeing with you by the way. It seems there's a new rule where one has to refer to Marc and Helen/Helen and Marc in the same breath. They're very different characters.

I know we should. I was in kindly soft spoken mode there, with just a little hint of sarcasm included.:D

I agree with your post above, well done with that.
    Like you I was very anti-Helen last year. Because I was basing it on what she had actually done.
    If even somebody who can be very horrible behaves themselves, or is at least no worse than anybody else, I don't have much ground to condemn them for behaviour which they're not guilty of. If I did then I would be the guilty party there.
  • loopylunaloopyluna Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it Brian went in with a game plan to gain public support, he had preconceived about the way Helen would act and she didn't live up to it, yet he continued to bitch, back bite and stir up the other HM's against Helen and Marc, trying very hard to be a hero.He came across as spiteful manipulative and unreasonable.The best thing he done was leave, he may now be able to salvage what is left of his reputation.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow this is great news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    No, you got the complete wrong end of the stick. I was not referring to that, lol

I was referring to the point he made about people labelling others, that it only takes a few or even one person to label you something before everyone believes it. I am not referring to Cristian's situation here, just the point he made which I think is relevant to Helen. Her behaviour is abhorrent and yet a few people say she's just a straight talker and people forget her actions and bile and believe it.

Yes, that's what happens again and again. Helen's a straight talker. Helen tells it like it is. At least Helen always says it to their face. -- All false, but all repeated again and again.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,151
    Forum Member
    loopyluna wrote: »
    Let's face it Brian went in with a game plan to gain public support, he had preconceived about the way Helen would act and she didn't live up to it, yet he continued to bitch, back bite and stir up the other HM's against Helen and Marc, trying very hard to be a hero.He came across as spiteful manipulative and unreasonable.The best thing he done was leave, he may now be able to salvage what is left of his reputation.

What are you talking about??:confused:

He was a guest - he wasn't a competitor - he didn't need a game plan - he didn't need public support.

He thought it would be fun - he thought he'd been invited to inject some fun.

Why would he even think about garnering support with a game plan. From very early on it was clear that the whole tone of the Time Warp scenario was not what he was expecting. He wanted no part in the plotting and scheming - he just wanted a bit of fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then you fail to see it. That doesn't mean people are wrong when they think they can.

If you think she's only been "unpleasant and sour", and has been that only to the same extent as Harry or Joel, then I don't know what to say, except that we seem to be watching different shows.

There was the same thing last year, with people saying Helen's not so bad, Ashleigh is worse, etc. I see the line that Helen only retaliates has reappeared as well. :(

I agree that Marc and Helen are different, but they have mutually reinforcing effects, rather than working in opposite directions. They have ruined this BB for me as much as Helen ruined last year's.

I think you are overestimating the importance of relatively superficial (though overt and easily spotted) things such as foul-mouthed insults and losing ones temper (though Helen's done them too), and underestimating the significance of relatively subtle forms of malevolence and toxicity such as still come from Helen. Helen has toned down her overt aggression, but apart from that, there's been no real change.

He may have known who he'd be in with, but I don't think he knew what they'd be like until he'd had to live with them.
  • roseblue1roseblue1 Posts: 7,441
    Forum Member

He was a guest - he wasn't a competitor - he didn't need a game plan - he didn't need public support.

Why would he even think about garnering support with a game plan. From very early on it was clear that the whole tone of the Time Warp scenario was not what he was expecting. He wanted no part in the plotting and scheming - he just wanted a bit of fun.

He was as bad as Helen and just as abusive as Helen.
  • loopylunaloopyluna Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We shall have to agree to disagree on that, the very first night Brian went in he had a little chat with Danny & co telling them he hadn't enjoyed being in the bunker and the others were planning to split up his group.
    IMO Brian went into the house to raise his public profile and gain new fans (nothing wrong with that), i believe he had a game plan, and was getting more and more frustrated that the person he wanted to target considered him irrelevant. His behavior was becoming very strange.
    This is just my opinion, i respect yours may differ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously?? Is it a little naive to think that a celebrity especially ones like Brian don't need public support? Public support is like their insulin, they thrive off it.

Brian is not as dumb as he looks and acts, he knows that the public is fond of him and some are so blind to his true motives that they will defend his b.s. He knows Helen is unpopular and decided to based his game plan off that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Don't forget though that we only see a tiny fraction of what goes on in the house. It's also not necessarily what Helen says, it's her whole demeanour and menacing presence. She could be making digs all day long - and in my view she will be - but nothing spectacular enough to make the HLs. Imagine how draining that would be 24/7 and how edgy it would make everyone feel, so when we see any HM snap back at Helen, it's probably the last straw for them.

It was like that last year too. Helen wasn't overtly, loudly, unmissably nasty the whole time, or even most of the time. But she was a continual, malevolent, draining presence and HMs always had the concern, at least in the back of their minds, that something might at any moment set her off.

She's like that again this year, and it combines with Marc also keeping everyone uneasy and on edge.