Genuinely concerned about Harry's mental health.

Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
Forum Member
.... Does anyone think Harry has depression/bipolar.

The poor girl clearly has some serious mental health issues. She really needs help.

Could she be autistic?

Comments

• Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    Anyone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's already a thread about this. My thread. It got many replies. I win.
  • rainyafternoonrainyafternoon Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    I think Harry has very deep seated issues and I feel very sorry for her.
    I cannot understand how she passed BB.s psychology test when she clearly struggles with relationships and people.:(
    Forum Member
    There's already a thread about this. My thread. It got many replies. I win.

Where's the link please! What do you think about Harry's state of mind?
  • Spidey1Spidey1 Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's fine. she's just a misrable person that thinks it's all about her and that everyone hates her and she wants to make everybody's life miserable.

she'll be ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either way I think she needs to go tomorow both for her own sake and also so she isn't making it a negative experience for everyone else
    I think they all feel about cautious around her and like they have to walk on eggshells around her
    Forum Member
    Spidey1 wrote: »
    She's fine. she's just a misrable person that thinks it's all about her and that everyone hates her and she wants to make everybody's life miserable.

she'll be ok.

No, I think it's more deep-rooted than just being miserable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a recent thread, should be on page two. I think there's something wrong with her and that she shouldn't have been selected to be a housemate. It saddens me to watch her fail to communicate and shut down and win herself up and just get angrier and angrier.
  • adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Harry has very deep seated issues and I feel very sorry for her.
    I cannot understand how she passed BB.s psychology test when she clearly struggles with relationships and people.:(

If she was seen by any of the pseudo psychologists who appear on BOTS it's not surprising.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL@BB's psychology tests people really think there's a room with men in white coats analyzing her thoughts.

It will be just a piece of paper and a tick box "do you currently suffer from any mental health issues that could affect you in the house?" Always answered no of course. Yes if you're a decent celeb but their deemed 'ok' with their prescribed medication. Perez etc
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the BB production staff got as far as 'Yes, I will remove all of my clothes' and ignored anything else that would have flagged up as problematic.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps if Nick actually left her be when she requested it, instead of pacing up and down, grasping his quiff and continuing a pointless conversation...it may be "social convention" to "mix " but it is not constantly mandatory. Besides, she eventually "comes round without water"' as my Nan used to say. And when he started on about how awful it must be to be so angry...mate, you might mean well (though it crossed my mind that smacked of kicking someone who is down) - either way, you ain't helping.
  • Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I just think she's frustrated with the people in the house there as shes the only one that puts her real face on.
  • PepperPlantPepperPlant Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Given that 1 in 4 people will have a mental health condition at some point in their lives, it is likely that some of the housemates will have mental health problems. I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least 2 or 3 people in each series who have mental health problems, given that they are extremely common (and often relatively invisible to the casual observer).

BB's screening process clearly doesn't stop people with mental health problems from being included, given that Nikki was included and she has been open about the fact that she nearly died from anorexia and has attempted suicide. As someone who had a serious mental health problem myself I am torn about whether BB should prevent people with mental health problems from taking part. On the one hand it is a toxic environment and the semi-fame that results (and inevitable Twitter attacks etc.) is the perfect way to cause a relapse, but on the other hand many/most people with mental health problems know what they can handle and should be allowed to make an informed choice.

Certainly in the early series of BB I would say that mental health problems shouldn't be a barrier. I personally wouldn't do well in a house with strangers for weeks on end - I'd struggle a lot with the lack of distractions and space to be alone. But that is my assessment of myself, others with the same condition as me would be fine in the (early) BB house. However given the current style of reading nasty comments out to the housemates, and BB informing other housemates of things that have been said behind their back, it is definitely a toxic situation to be in. You could argue that BB has a duty of care, especially if they are aware that a person could be at risk. The way the show is designed is to create emotional reactions, and I think all but the most 'sorted' of people would be affected by it in some way (as we can see by all the arguments).
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice that Big brother called Harry to the diary room as soon as she stormed off and kept asking her what was wrong, and then let her go to bed when Dexter was leaving and choosing his best and worst staff member. I might be wrong but I think Big brother is seriously worrying about her mental state.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    you can NOT blame big brother for not recognising signs that she does her best to keep secret, look at the person who went in to the person we see now, mental health experts are generally ****ing idiots.
  • i am godi am god Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poor girl are you taking the preverbial she emotionally bullys and harass the poor boy