The Trafford Centre Parking

Comments

• ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As shocking as it is, I have been to the trafford centre and am aware of what it looks like. Why the need for the pictures?

Why do you need to show a picture of a Mosque in Brunei? What purpose do this serve?

I have never known a Mosque to have a several shops (from John Lewis, Selfridges to even an Ann Summers) along with cafe/bars/restaurants and a cinema etc....? What is exactly your point?

:confused::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was a stupid comment to make. You make it even more absurd than it already is by posting pictures.
    :confused:

No one understands the comments that you made. It is nonsense. I don't get it at all. What are you trying to say?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I have never seen a car with a parking ticket on it in any of the TC car parks, no matter where they are parked. i used to work there and my shifts started later in the day, so there were never any parking spaces close to my work entrance. Being lazy, I always parked on the pavement//verge and in the 2 years never received a ticket. Maybe I was just lucky.

I worked there for 7 years (til last year) and never saw any cars being ticketed. This was the first time ever. About blimmin' time too. Its getting worse. It makes me giggle to think no one would dare park in the numerous disabled spaces just in case they get a fine but parking on a pavement and force pedestrians into the road? No probs.
  • BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    I worked there for 7 years (til last year) and never saw any cars being ticketed. This was the first time ever. About blimmin' time too. Its getting worse. It makes me giggle to think no one would dare park in the numerous disabled spaces just in case they get a fine but parking on a pavement and force pedestrians into the road? No probs.

Sadly it seems to be the way many people think or don't think these days. As long they are ok everyone else can go to hell seems to be the idea.

I seem to be forever telling people about parking on pavements and making them move it. I'm not walking in roads & neither are the kids. I get all kinds of crap justifcations for it & some threats as well, but they always move it when i get the phone out & tell them the law can sort it then.

Most i could probably get past, but moms with prams won't or disabled people.

Serves them right if they get a ticket, it should be an instant £1000 fine for parking on a pavement, that would stop most of it.
  • ★luvinIT★★luvinIT★ Posts: 179
    Forum Member

Come on, TBH, the cars are usually parked on the small 'pavement' areas at the ends of the car parking spaces. Most people dont even walk on that space. I certainly never have when I park normally. I cant remember seeing cars parked on the 'actual' long pavements and Im pretty sure there are bollards stopping cars getting onto there.

Just been to pick a friend up and it was chucking it down with sleet and rain. I feel sorry for the people who parked in the over flows near the motorway. :D
    Forum Member
    Come on, TBH, the cars are usually parked on the small 'pavement' areas at the ends of the car parking spaces. Most people dont even walk on that space. I certainly never have when I park normally. I cant remember seeing cars parked on the 'actual' long pavements and Im pretty sure there are bollards stopping cars getting onto there.

Just been to pick a friend up and it was chucking it down with sleet and rain. I feel sorry for the people who parked in the over flows near the motorway. :D
    Oh they do, thats where the first ticketed car was. You know that long bit in the Orient car park? Between the hedges? One was parked on there as if on show on a plinthe in a fancy garage. Thats where my buggy was clipped when an idiot mounted it last year. It was my fault as I didn't check for oncoming cars whilst turning the corner on a frigging pavement :rolleyes:TBH, I'm not that fussed about the little pavements (as you say they are small and are really there just to section the entrance/exits) but I am glad they are starting to do something about it. Maybe those kerbs with extra curvy bits would suffice? who knows.
  • ★luvinIT★★luvinIT★ Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Oh they do, thats where the first ticketed car was. You know that long bit in the Orient car park? .....

ahh yes I know where you mean. Parked there, then they deserve it.

I'm surprised the Metro doesn't go there. Probably Mcr Council not wanting Trafford to nick any of their customers.
    motsy wrote: »
    So do I. The Trafford centre's gotr the same shops as everywhere else but what's so special about it?

Free car parking. Inside away from the rain. Safer for families. I hate the place, but can see why shopping centers are popular. I much prefer an open city center. Manchester center is a million times better than TC.
    Forum Member
    Free car parking. Inside away from the rain. Safer for families. I hate the place, but can see why shopping centers are popular. I much prefer an open city center. Manchester center is a million times better than TC.

I agree. I usually go to the TC, but town is better. Even more so when it comes to gift shopping. The TC doesn't have an Argos, Primark or Burger King for starters. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I usually go to the TC, but town is better. Even more so when it comes to gift shopping. The TC doesn't have an Argos, Primark or Burger King for starters. :D

Burger King for gift shopping? Someone getting a Whopper for Christmas? :D:D

They do have a BK by the way, its inbetween KFC and Harry Ramsdens.
    Forum Member
    Burger King for gift shopping? Someone getting a Whopper for Christmas? :D:D

They do have a BK by the way, its inbetween KFC and Harry Ramsdens.
    I'd have a Whopper as a gift any day! I live in Stretford and haven't had a burger since mcDonalds went from Streford Arndale. I was wondering what was gonna take that Pasta place over. Thanks for the good news!
    :D
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Selfridges is supposed to be opening a Primark section.

I'm going to see Father Christmas with my son on the 22nd and we're staying in the Premiere Inn near the Orient and I'm already dreading the queues leading up to there.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During the weekdays its served as a day out for the mentally handicapped
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I'd have a Whopper as a gift any day! I live in Stretford and haven't had a burger since mcDonalds went from Streford Arndale. I was wondering what was gonna take that Pasta place over. Thanks for the good news!

I remember that one and they had a perfectly good McDonalds in Market Street until some ****witt at head office decided otherwise.

Anyway, I remember Stretford Arndale from the 70s-80s-early 90s but look at it now, it's half deserted and in need of some very serious investment but I'm surprised it's still open.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As shocking as it is, I have been to the trafford centre and am aware of what it looks like. Why the need for the pictures?

Why do you need to show a picture of a Mosque in Brunei? What purpose do this serve?

I have never known a Mosque to have a several shops (from John Lewis, Selfridges to even an Ann Summers) along with cafe/bars/restaurants and a cinema etc....? What is exactly your point?

:confused::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was a stupid comment to make. You make it even more absurd than it already is by posting pictures.
    :confused:

No one understands the comments that you made. It is nonsense. I don't get it at all. What are you trying to say?

It was a joke (you know, a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter).

Humour bypass??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went Wednesday morning to do some more Christmas shopping and I would have been forgiven for thinking it was Saturday afternoon, then I also realised most schools were closed, d'oh. But even then the parking was bad at 10.30am, I usually try and go weekday daytime when all the brats are in school, although it's never quiet quiet it's more tolerable and relaxing.

I do prefer Manchester for the shops, but the TC is easy to get to and quite importantly free parking! Manchester for car parking is a f*cking rip off.
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I quite like the Lowery for shopping. Its smaller but much less packed and it seems more relaxed. AND there is a BK there. The TC is just filled with over priced shops and though it has a great choice I have found that 3/4 of the times when I go for a specific present I can't find it there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    I remember that one and they had a perfectly good McDonalds in Market Street until some ****witt at head office decided otherwise.

Anyway, I remember Stretford Arndale from the 70s-80s-early 90s but look at it now, it's half deserted and in need of some very serious investment but I'm surprised it's still open.

You mean your meal actually looked something like the picture on the wall? :eek:
  • ThisSheepMoobsThisSheepMoobs Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a joke (you know, a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter).

Humour bypass??

You are not funny. No one laughed. No one understood the joke.
  • Pablo DiabloPablo Diablo Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member

I live in Stretford too and Stretford Mall has to be one of the most depressing shopping centres on earth! A horrible concrete monstrosity filled with pound shops.

I always go to either Manchester or Sale.
    Forum Member
    Its nice seeing everyone here who live in/near Manchester :D

I like going to Altrincham to shop then onto the Metro to Manchester if I need more. I do volunteer work in Alty so its handy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone from Altrincham/Bowdon?
    Forum Member
    ^^ lol, hows that for coincidence?

I don't live there, but its easy to get there on the bus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hobbes1966 wrote: »
    Its nice seeing everyone here who live in/near Manchester :D

I like going to Altrincham to shop then onto the Metro to Manchester if I need more. I do volunteer work in Alty so its handy.

Altrincham is pretty much on its knees!.. More empty closed shops then open ones
    Forum Member
    They are doing it up though and from what I hear from people who live near to there theres a lot of regeneration planned.
    I suppose I like it because its quite compact. I'm not a typical female shopper, I like to go, get what I need, have a lovely coffee in Costa and get home :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    The wife and I enjoy the Trafford Centre. 45 minutes door to door for us and it's nice to have everything under one roof, particularly when the weather is rotten. Saying all that, I wouldn't go on Bank Holidays or weekends during the run up to Christmas. It's not nicknamed the "Traffic Centre" for nothing.