Options

Should people with rotten teeth be ordered to get them fixed?

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
Like for me talking to someone with rotten teeth makes me wanna vomit.

Government should bring in legislation to combat the filthy mouth brigade.

I was talking to the TV repairman and his teeth looked like a row of tomb stones. Have these people never heard of toothpaste and flossing.

It's like the morons who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show. Most of them are lucky to have one tooth in their mouths.

It's disgusting and offensive to others..

Comments

• Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Erm, no.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    If it was still free then people would.

Anyway, I don't find it offensive so don't include me in that.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    I think there should legislation to restrict the freedom of those who want to interfere in the lives of others.
    Failing that lets just point and laugh at them whenever they raise their pointy heads.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was talking to the TV repairman and his teeth looked like a row of tomb stones. Have these people never heard of toothpaste and flossing.

It's like the morons who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show. Most of them are lucky to have one tooth in their mouths.

Did you know that people with certain acid reflux illnesses suffer from terrible tooth decay through no fault of their own, not all bad teeth are deliberate and many people cannot afford to get their teeth fixed anymore. I would say do not be so judgmental .
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh.......that reminds me.....I've got the dental hygienist tomorrow morning

the torture chamber.......:o
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should people with wrinkles be forced to have botox?
    Should obese people be forced to lose weight?
    Should people with tattoos and piercings be forced to have them removed?
    Should people with fake tans be ordered to have them steamed off?
    What do you think, OP?
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Should people with ugly faces be ordered to make them pretty?

Should people with missing limbs be ordered to wear false ones?

Should people with Downs Syndrome be ordered to wear bags on their heads because they look all bug-eyed?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if there are 7,683 other posts by the OP all equally as well thought out as this one?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    It is a shame that dental care is so costly. Dental health is very important but if a family is strapped for cash I guess it's low on the spending priorities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if there are 7,683 other posts by the OP all equally as well thought out as this one?
    :D:D:D
    7,684 now :o
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a shame that dental care is so costly. Dental health is very important but if a family is strapped for cash I guess it's low on the spending priorities.

Quite..

My mum was told it would cost £700 to have a tooth removed, despite being on one of these dental plans they try and get you on. She declined.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    My mum was told it would cost £700 to have a tooth removed, despite being on one of these dental plans they try and get you on. She declined.
    It happens :(
    is she any better now?
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    As it offends you so much OP I assume you'll be paying for all this dental care?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And infections from bad teeth can spread via the blood stream to the heart and result in things such as Endocarditis and in rare cases brain abscess.

Bearing in mind what can happen as a result of bad teeth and infections that follow it is amazing the government do not make dental treatment cheaper for all , in the long run it can save a lot of money on treating other illnesses that can be caused by something that could have been so cheap to fix initially.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Quite..

How can it be so expensive? Can't she find an NHS dentist? The maximum charge is £50.50 for removal of teeth. http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually yes. Gum disease is linked to causing a shit load of other issues such as heart problems.

However, there's no money and no dentists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happens :(
    is she any better now?

She's fine.

She could have afforded it if she'd really wanted to have the work done - my dad has a decent job - but she wasn't desperate.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my teeth are not rotten but they are crooked, where do you stand on that op?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    How can it be so expensive? Can't she find an NHS dentist? The maximum charge is £50.50 for removal of teeth. http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx

At 60, she's had some work done in her time - she wasn't blessed with good teeth - so I don't think it was just another bog standard tooth removal. Y

And there aren't any NHS dentists that are very close to her.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well there you are-one thing, maybe the only thing you have found that you have, in common with any human.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »

At 60, she's had some work done in her time - she wasn't blessed with good teeth - so I don't think it was just another bog standard tooth removal. Y

And there aren't any NHS dentists that are very close to her. She DID have an NHS dentist but that's since gone private. Tough luck and all that.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    my teeth are not rotten but they are crooked, where do you stand on that op?

Standard punishment is a chinese burn and a flick with a damp tea towel.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should be encouraged to because it can lead to serious health problems and a lot of pain - not because you don't like it OP. I don't like facial piercings and long hair on men, but I don't demand people yank out their metal and that men get a short back and sides - get over yourself.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are a very active thread starter Gusto.

If it was paid for by others I am sure many a person would get a shiny new set of nashers.