Are we wanting Helen to be bullied?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
Forum Member
It just seems like a lot of people (including BBBOTS) want Aisleyne, Nikki and the housemates to take Helen down. Yet when Helen has an arguments with somebody, she's seen as the spawn of evil. I don't condone everything that she says, I couldn't stand the girl last year but isn't it highly hypocritical of everyone to think it's okay for Helen to be treated this way? Even though I know she'll be fine because she can handle herself, but people want her blood spilt.

Comments

• danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how any of this is bullying. What she did to Jale and Harry was bullying.

Helen has brought any reaction towards her on herself.

.. a taste of her own medicine seems to be the only thing she will understand.
  • Rapunzal1977Rapunzal1977 Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes....................

Well...............put in her place................she is one nasty lil lady tramp
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see her get a proper taste of her own medicine but little nicky is too nice and ashlene already said she doesn't want to fight.
  • Wainy84Wainy84 Posts: 12,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Riley95 wrote: »
    It just seems like a lot of people (including BBBOTS) want Aisleyne, Nikki and the housemates to take Helen down. Yet when Helen has an arguments with somebody, she's seen as the spawn of evil. I don't condone everything that she says, I couldn't stand the girl last year but isn't it highly hypocritical of everyone to think it's okay for Helen to be treated this way? Even though I know she'll be fine because she can handle herself, but people want her blood spilt.

No.
    I don't like bullying. Even if they deserve it at times.
  • farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want her to be bullied, I want her to be confronted on many of the things she says to show her how hypocritical she is. Unfortunately though with some people, the only way they'll ever listen is with a piece of their own medicine.
  • p381p381 Posts: 5,936
    Forum Member
    I don't want her to be "bullied".
    As much as i can't stand her, i don't like to see anyone bullied.
    But someone needs to say a few choice words to her, to give her a wake up call.
    One thing i do know, she didn't like when Brian said she "looked like she just crawled out of a Dustbin".
    Nice one Bri. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    I don't want her to be bullied, I want her to be confronted on many of the things she says to show her how hypocritical she is. Unfortunately though with some people, the only way they'll ever listen is with a piece of their own medicine.

I agree about the confrontation. There a difference between this and bullying.
  • Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I wouldn't want anyone to be bullied.

Saying you hate someone for being a bully, then stating they should be bullied as punishment is so mind blowingly contradictory, it beggars a belief!
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,151
    Forum Member
    I just want to see her shut right down and looking on whilst someone else takes centre stage.

She HAS to dominate a conversation and tell everyone 'you should be like this, the public won't like you if you do this, why are you doing that etc,'

Mrs Knowalldigalot - just needs shutting down.

It'll do her nut in if she sees Aisleyne and Nikki take centre stage and get the attention.
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »

Saying you hate someone for being a bully, then stating they should be bullied as punishment is so mind blowingly contradictory, it beggars a belief!

Quite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really.
  • B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    I want her power removed.

When everyone stand up against the bully, their power is removed.
    No need for any more.

People like Chloe who ignore wrongdoings if they are not against them personally, enable the bully to continue.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »

Danny tried that but she's too ****ing stupid for it to get through. or she starts making excuses for her words, she really is a lost cause, one of them meatheads that society just has to suffer, luckily we don't get too many :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    I want her power removed.

When everyone stand up against the bully, their power is removed.
    No need for any more.

People like Chloe who ignore wrongdoings if they are not against them personally, enable the bully to continue.

Spot on.
  • DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching a bully get her comeuppance is not the same as watching a bully do the bullying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really.

How not really???

Helen is hated because she bullies people - implying people hate bullying.

So therefore, people want to see Helen bullied? It makes NO sense whatsoever....

Sinking to someone's level doesn't give that person the moral high ground.
  • Dr ZDr Z Posts: 3,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets not pretend turning the tables on a vile habitual bully is 'bullying'.
  • Dean_TavalourisDean_Tavalouris Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely and utterly now way, two wrongs don't make a right, no way should ANY housemate be singled out or bullied.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    It's a tricky one. I mean, if someone mentally abused and bullied someone for weeks, then said bullied person finally snapped, shouted a load of hateful comments back and made the bully aggressor cry, I'm not sure I'd call that person a bully for retaliating. They might find that person would lay off them in future if they stood up for themselves.

This is a slightly different situation though because we have a case of people being brought in, who don't necessarily know each other that well. Apparently though Aisleyne has some grievance with Helen secretly recording her on BBBOTS, and having a go at a Nikki presumably, since she is friends with her and maybe Brian.

There's also a sense from people of injustice, because she is always shouting at people we may like in the house, and people always like seeing people like her face some sort of comeuppance and get especially annoyed when this doesn't happen thus Aisleyne is brought in, to try and redress the balance. Whether it'll work or not is another matter.
  • JuceeJucee Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is possible to bully Helen. I just want her to disappear really, she just brings nastiness everywhere she goes and I don't understand BB's obsession with her, she ruins the show for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How not really???

Helen is hated because she bullies people - implying people hate bullying.

So therefore, people want to see Helen bullied? It makes NO sense whatsoever....

Sinking to someone's level doesn't give that person the moral high ground.

I agree.
    You try to shut them down but easier said than done.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only way to successfully "bring Helen down" is to stop giving her airtime and publicity. So remove her from the programme and don't book her again. Unfortunately, Channel Five loves her vile personality and bullying nature as they think it's entertaining, so I can't see that happening.

So the housemates need to stand up to her en masse when she starts on somebody. That's not bullying, it's refusing to allow a bully to victimise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to successfully "bring Helen down" is to stop giving her airtime and publicity. So remove her from the programme and don't book her again. Unfortunately, Channel Five loves her vile personality and bullying nature as they think it's entertaining, so I can't see that happening.

So the housemates need to stand up to her en masse when she starts on somebody. That's not bullying, it's refusing to allow a bully to victimise.

This! Standing up for what's right and telling someone they are totally and 100% in the wrong is not bullying and is what should be dished out to Helen. Sadly, that'll never happen, so Big Brother should let her exit stage left......
  • Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no one wants her to be bullied.

Just made to pipe down would be nice
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,151
    Forum Member
    I think Aisleyne will pull out the stopper and very slowly Helen will deflate.

It's happening already.