• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I'm late. Got stuck in traffic :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    After living in the Netherlands for many years, we soon discovered that it is the norm for a woman to have a double barreled surname comprising of her maiden name & married name. Though in NL, thi s can be incredible as my friend is mrs Francisco (maiden name) - van der reedt dortland!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is today's wife? Is she ill?
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    I wonder why Mrs T agreed to take part in this show. She clearly dislikes travelling, staying in unfamiliar rooms and eating food not prepared by her. What was the point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    I wonder why Mrs T agreed to take part in this show. She clearly dislikes travelling, staying in unfamiliar rooms and eating food not prepared by her. What was the point?

...and by the looks of tomorrow's show she pays less than the asking price :rolleyes:

...and annoys one of the other couples :rolleyes:

Popular lady isnt she! :p
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    Evening, have just looked up Mrs Tee on her own website
    Widely acknowledged as the world’s foremost authority on edible wild mushrooms, Brigitte Tee has been supplying wild and cultivated fungi to the country’s leading chefs including Michel Roux Jr from her base in Lymington, Hampshire, for more than 35 years. Backed by unrivalled knowledge and expertise, Mrs Tee is the only licence holder entitled to pick and sell the many diverse wild mushrooms that grow in the New Forest where she is based, offering chefs a selection of unique, quality, seasonal produce, including the highly regarded and sought-after New Forest Cep.

Guest are able to buy some of Mrs Tee Wild Mushrooms aswell as the opportunity in attending a Mushroom Seminar later in the year.

For those mushroom enthusiasts there is also the opportunity to join Mrs Tee's Mushroom Club. Please ask Mrs Tee for a flyer.

Mrs Tee's other “claims to fame” include owning the largest Great Dane on record, the Lloyds Bank horse from 1984 - 1987 and also an international Show Jumper that was short listed 4 times for the Olympics, ridden by Robert Smith and Michael Whittaker.

Not wishing to be out done by Mrs Tee her late husband John Hillman created and managed the guitar legend Jimi Hendrix and still owns some Copyright. He also managed The Animals, The WHO and Madeline Bell.

:eek:

She mentioned 'my second husband' on today's show, so perhaps there's a man in the background?

EDIT

Apparently so:
    All cheques payable to Mr R C Tee
  • Options
    Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Mrs Tee was on The Hairy Bikers when they were doing a tour of various Counties - they got mushrooms from her for the cook-off with a local chef IIRC.

One of those gay guys has the misfortune to look like John Terry - poor bugger :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urban Beach, Mrs T doesn't like it,
    surprise,surprise !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs T looks, very uncomfortable in that bed.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    So Mrs Tee is a supposed mushroom expert - that explains a lot!

She obviously isn't as expert as she thinks and ate a wild 'miseryguts' mushroom, that turned her into a cranky old moaner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs T says Urban Beach will go bankrupt in 2 years, Oops!
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs T should be on it every week. Just as a counterpoint to the nice people!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    Mrs T should be on it every week. Just as a counterpoint to the nice people!

She could replace Alex, as The Hotel Inspector ?
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is today's wife? Is she ill?

She was missing from the Blackpool episode (looking after their children apparently).

Expected to see her in tonight's episode though (with or without children).

Maybe she left him between episodes....?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    The Urban Beach looks to be faultless in terms of presentation and service. However, the room rates would appear to be governed by the owner's financial commitments. I really hope he succeeds because Bournemouth is full of hotels - It's my old stamping ground :o

However, my favourite is still the Vidella - just for the fun factor :D

Mrs T is awful - tomorrow looks interesting :eek:
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But is the Urban Beach competitively priced for the area? That's never taken into account. Some of their rooms are dearer than a junior suite in my nearest Radisson and that's five star with a pool and leisure centre. But obviously Glasgow prices are going to be different from Bournemouth.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thread has come to an abrupt end today. Is there a party elsewhere I'm missing?

I liked the pointers from Mark as to his business progression, wish there was more like that.
    I want to hear more of why and how they started, how they raised the finance etc. What jobs they left? There is a minefield of information to be developed. Could make a really good programme rather than 30 mins of frivolity.

Mark has youth on his side. Taking a huge risk at 30 something is not like me at 30 years plus his. There is simply no time to repay a loan, so I wouldn't get one, although I have huge equity.

Mark has the business acumen, not a love for paying friends in his home, which I see is the correct business model to make serious money.
    He won't go bust, he's ridden the storm.
    He also has staff, which makes being front of house so much easier.

The 400 count Egyptian cotton sheets? I bought some and after one wash they were crumpled rags with no body.
    Now I sound like Mrs T.

Seriously, I would love to hear from Mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark seems like a really nice man and his hotel/b&b looks great, although maybe overpriced as others have said.

I hope he wins.

I wonder if his wife couldn't take any more of Mrs Tiresome and dropped out of the show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs T's getting on my wick BIG time. She's exactly the sort of person I would go out of my way to avoid. She has a nerve scoring those other B&Bs so low after seeing what a dive she runs herself. Nasty old cow. I can't abide all these 'I just tell it like it is' people. It's just an excuse for downright rudeness. :mad:
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    The thread has come to an abrupt end today. Is there a party elsewhere I'm missing?

I liked the pointers from Mark as to his business progression, wish there was more like that.
    I want to hear more of why and how they started, how they raised the finance etc. What jobs they left? There is a minefield of information to be developed. Could make a really good programme rather than 30 mins of frivolity.

Mark has youth on his side. Taking a huge risk at 30 something is not like me at 30 years plus his. There is simply no time to repay a loan, so I wouldn't get one, although I have huge equity.

Mark has the business acumen, not a love for paying friends in his home, which I see is the correct business model to make serious money.
    He won't go bust, he's ridden the storm.
    He also has staff, which makes being front of house so much easier.

The 400 count Egyptian cotton sheets? I bought some and after one wash they were crumpled rags with no body.
    Now I sound like Mrs T.

Seriously, I would love to hear from Mark.

Think we all disappeared to get some dinner (then watch Emmerdale...)

Seriously, if you're tempted to open a B&B, then having a fair amount of equity helps. There are other funding opportunities beyond banks (which probably aren't a great bet at the moment anyway). Friends? Family? One of your children could go into business with you as a (silent) partner and secure finance that way.
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »
    Mrs T's getting on my wick BIG time. She's exactly the sort of person I would go out of my way to avoid. She has a nerve scoring those other B&Bs so low after seeing what a dive she runs herself. Nasty old cow. I can't abide all these 'I just tell it like it is' people. It's just an excuse for downright rudeness. :mad:

I agree - she also said, after one couple said no they would not use her b&b again, 'why did they kiss me goodbye' if they would not return. She has done exactly the same having said she would not go back to any of them. :confused:

Very strange lady - and just a question seeing as she is on hubby no. 2 - where is he? Is he the one in the garden or was that no. 1? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marianna01 wrote: »
    I agree - she also said, after one couple said no they would not use her b&b again, 'why did they kiss me goodbye' if they would not return. She has done exactly the same having said she would not go back to any of them. :confused:
    Very strange lady - and just a question seeing as she is on hubby no. 2 - where is he? Is he the one in the garden or was that no. 1? :confused:
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she'd had a long line of ex-husbands - once they found out what a complete moaner she was/is, they'd be off like a shot.
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »

Yes I agree. I am just catching up with all programmes and with posts here. The other contestants are making all sorts of allowances for Mrs T. Her behaviour is accepted and they are going out of their way to keep her happy. She does not think she has to do the same. I am bemused that someone who is in the hospitality trade prides herself on being "If I don't like something I say so, I do not care if people like me" type. The episodes have become the Mrs T show, shame as the other contestants should not have to work around her.

As with last week, 3 of the places are B&Bs i would be happy to stay in. I have changed my opinion of the couple from Lynton (which is a lovely place). I had thought they were snobs, but he was game in Blackpool and they both seem quite genuine. I hope this is so.
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she'd had a long line of ex-husbands - once they found out what a complete moaner she was/is, they'd be off like a shot.

I can't imagine that a long line of men could have put up with this lady for more than a week never mind marrying her - unless she has some sort of charm we have yet to witness! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Mrs Tee is a supposed mushroom expert - that explains a lot!

Yep, she needs to be kept in the dark and fed shit!
This discussion has been closed.