Libya NOT responsible for Lockerbie bomb

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
What a mess.

On Channel 4 News tonight that Libya was not responsible for the Lockerbie disaster but a Syrian based Palestinian group.

http://www.channel4.com/news/lockerbie-bombing-libya-palestine-cia-murder-thatcher

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    The truth will never be known.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly not the whole truth. America has much to hide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Certainly not the whole truth. America has much to hide.

"America" is just a whole mess in its self. America's left hand does not know what its right hand in doing when it comes to internal government.
  • McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    America has much to hide.

:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "America" is just a whole mess in its self. America's left hand does not know what its right hand in doing when it comes to internal government.
    At the time of Lockerbie America had an ex-cowboy running the show and we had Maggie. Both sharing the same political leanings they naturally got on very well together.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Is it just the tiniest bit possible these latest "revelations" are just a load of cobblers designed to incite hostility toward Syria?

Cos, y'know, it all seems a bit convenient that this is cropping up now, when most people are content to leave Al Assad alone to sort his own country out.
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The French, UK and USA were quick to get rid of the last guy in charge of Libya, a former friend of our governments.

All the secrets he must of known and the money certain folks received from Libya
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a mess.

On Channel 4 News tonight that Libya was not responsible for the Lockerbie disaster but a Syrian based Palestinian group.

http://www.channel4.com/news/lockerbie-bombing-libya-palestine-cia-murder-thatcher

This is not news. It has been known for over 20 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Is it just the tiniest bit possible these latest "revelations" are just a load of cobblers designed to incite hostility toward Syria?

From the OP's link: "The PFLP-GC were the original prime suspects in the bombing, thought to have been commissioned by the Iranian government to avenge the 290 lives lost when Iran Air flight 665 was accidentally shot down by a US battleship over the Persian Gulf a few months before Lockerbie."

It's Syrian involvement in an Iranian plot, which is hardly surprising seeing how entwined they are. The Iranian theory has always seemed very plausible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onefineday wrote: »
    From the OP's link: "The PFLP-GC were the original prime suspects in the bombing, thought to have been commissioned by the Iranian government to avenge the 290 lives lost when Iran Air flight 665 was accidentally shot down by a US battleship over the Persian Gulf a few months before Lockerbie."

It's Syrian involvement in an Iranian plot, which is hardly surprising seeing how entwined they are. The Iranian theory has always seemed very plausible.

Syria/Iran were the main suspects up until 1990. Then Sadam Invaded Kuwait and preparations for the first Gulf War began. Suddenly it became necessary to have Syria in the western alliance and all of a sudden suspicion for Lockerbie switched from Syria to Libya. Very odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it really? Not according to this;
    The revelations, which feature in tonight's programme, were made in a US court deposition by CIA asset Dr Richard Fuisz in early 2001.
  • JunglistSoldierJunglistSoldier Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I think the majority know that anyway. The evidence was so flimsy, but if you have the power you can frame anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Cos, y'know, it all seems a bit convenient that this is cropping up now, when most people are content to leave Al Assad alone to sort his own country out.
    I don't think any 'inciting of hostility' is necessary. Quite where Syria is going and what will become of it is anyones guess. Before long there won't be much left of it to bomb. Politically it's a catch 22. Do you leave Assad alone to resist a motley collection of religious extremists, or does the West go for regime change (we don't have a very good record on that) only to then see matters go from bad to even worse?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the majority know that anyway. The evidence was so flimsy, but if you have the power you can frame anyone.
    I do remember not long after Lockerbie there was a documentary screened where they interviewed a number of residents, each of whom said there were obviously our own Police there and also AAIB investigators, but also a number of plain clothed American 'officials'. They never knew exactly who they were but it turned out they were CIA. And this was before it had been established as an act of terrorism. It's not normally the remit of the CIA to investigate an air accident.
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member

This.

But if anyone comes out with anything that is contrary to popular opinion, they are shouted down as' conspiracy theorist'.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember not long after Lockerbie there was a documentary screened where they interviewed a number of residents, each of whom said there were obviously our own Police there and also AAIB investigators, but also a number of plain clothed American 'officials'. They never knew exactly who they were but it turned out they were CIA. And this was before it had been established as an act of terrorism. It's not normally the remit of the CIA to investigate an air accident.
    Surely not wholly surprising that CIA personnel would have been there, since 189 Americans died and at least four of them were US government officials.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigurd wrote: »
    Surely not wholly surprising that CIA personnel would have been there, since 189 Americans died and at least four of them were US government officials.
    43 Britons were on the flight and 11 Lockerbie residents killed........but MI5 were not there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    43 Britons were on the flight and 11 Lockerbie residents killed........but MI5 were not there.
    I don't know exactly when MI5 became involved, but involved they certainly were at some point. If an American plane were to explode in mid-air resulting in the deaths of 270 people (passengers, crew and those on the ground) I'd be astonished if the CIA (and MI5) were to decide to leave the investigation to a largely rural police force like the Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    This.

But if anyone comes out with anything that is contrary to popular opinion, they are shouted down as' conspiracy theorist'.
    Actually if you read the link you will see it concerns a matter from 2001 rather than 1993 so it's twelve years....not twenty. Also this particular matter is far from the realms of 'conspiracy theory'. Even the British Ambassador to Libya, previously not convinced, has now had a change of heart and 're-think'.

In a way it's not dissimilar to events surrounding the Dr Kelly business vs. our own Government on the Iraq business. After all....those "WMD's" have still not been found have they? But Kelly was ridiculed.
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I remember reading a Private Eye special booklet about the case.

Soon after it happened, it was believed to have been organisee by Syria, but then the emphasis changed towatds Libya.

The Private Eye view was that it was never Libya.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know exactly when MI5 became involved, but involved they certainly were at some point. If an American plane were to explode in mid-air resulting in the deaths of 270 people (passengers, crew and those on the ground) I'd be astonished if the CIA (and MI5) were to decide to leave the investigation to a largely rural police force like the Dumfries and Galloway constabulary.
    The documentary was some years ago now but i'm sure will have been repeated. As i said in the first post on this subject it relates to the days after the incident but way before it had been established as an act of terrorism that the CIA were there poking around.

At that particular time it was still under investigation as an air accident.....not terrorism.

Neither the CIA or MI5 investigate air accidents. That's the job of the AAIB who of course were in attendance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    This.

I guess I am going to be labelled a CTer then. Also to show that I have said this before see this post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know exactly when MI5 became involved, but involved they certainly were at some point. If an American plane were to explode in mid-air resulting in the deaths of 270 people (passengers, crew and those on the ground) I'd be astonished if the CIA (and MI5) were to decide to leave the investigation to a largely rural police force like the Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary.

There were lots of strange men in windcheaters around Lockerbie in the days after the crash.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were lots of strange men in windcheaters around Lockerbie in the days after the crash.

Are there normally lots of strange men in windcheaters around Lockerbie?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV crews, journalists, etc?

How do you know there were a lot of "strange men in windcheaters" around? Were you there? Something particularly sinister about windcheaters? Wouldn't you be amazed if security forces weren't there?