Options

Naga Munchetty, BBC Breakfast

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie still looks uncomfortable sitting beside her and there's very little interaction.The forced banter with the weather presenter is just childish.
  • Options
    tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Louisa still appears on the London opt-out on Breakfast

I was unaware of that, thank you.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    She has been really annoying in the last half an hour I have watched this... "Burp Stop", "What is you favourite guitar rift" etc.
    Abriel wrote: »
    in the part we watched she said breast instead of best (Arf arf) and mispronounced species:D

I do like Naga but she can be irritating sometimes. Her laughing at the workers who misspelt Bus as Bup was terrible and patronising. I did enjoy her later saying breast though. Prove we all make mistakes at work Naga.:p

Her feeling the need to issue challenges to reporters and the weather people is excruciating too. Wish she'd stop it.
  • Options
    MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought it was funny when they moved on swiftly as Charlie expressed an interest in sheep. :) Clip> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AMfb7um6dk
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    She has been really annoying in the last half an hour I have watched this... "Burp Stop", "What is you favourite guitar rift" etc.

Can guitars actually fall out with each other?
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie still looks uncomfortable sitting beside her and there's very little interaction.The forced banter with the weather presenter is just childish.

Yes, there was an incident this weekend where Naga was trying to be funny with Alex, complaining about the wet weather. Alex abrubtly said "Well, if you let me get a word in, I'll tell you about the weather!"

Naga also looks scruffy compared to her male co-hosts. I think it's wrong that the chaps are made to wear suit and tie and Naga can wear what appears to be an over stretched colourful T-Shirt with tights!
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Naga and I like Roger. I think I might be in the minority. Naga has a small head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    I was unaware of that, thank you.

She also presented the 6.30 BBC London show tonight
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she recently had her ears pinned back or something? Looks different.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since it was pointed out here, it is noticeable that Charlie rarely joins in after one of her bits of banter. He just glances at her and then moves on!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Since it was pointed out here, it is noticeable that Charlie rarely joins in after one of her bits of banter. He just glances at her and then moves on!

On a few occasions recently he has simply cut across her, thanked the weather presenter and moved things on. There is nothing like the warmth you feel between Bill and Louise.
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a few occasions recently he has simply cut across her, thanked the weather presenter and moved things on. There is nothing like the warmth you feel between Bill and Louise.

That's quite interesting. I remember when Stayt and Reid presented together. Chemistry was great, and they were very watchable. What changed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YaffiYuk wrote: »
    That's quite interesting. I remember when Stayt and Reid presented together. Chemistry was great, and they were very watchable. What changed?

Reid left. Charlie doesn't have any chemistry with Naga and he doesn't want to, a problem for the editor. I think Sally Nugent would have been a better appointment, she gets on well with Bill and Charlie and can handle both news and sport.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Naga is competent enough, but her forced 'banter' with the weather presenters is facile and rather embarrassing.

If I could choose the presenters for Breakfast it would be from the following:

Joanna Gosling - Great diction and dulcet tones.
    Sophie Long - Inoffensive, good voice and pleasantly attractive.
    Louisa Preston - A firm favourite, she used to do the headlines on Breakfast way back in 2006 or so. (when they had a separate desk in the studio for the headlines)

Joanna made a few appearances on Breakfast in the summer some years ago, I particularly remember one very short dress;-)
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Reid left. Charlie doesn't have any chemistry with Naga and he doesn't want to, a problem for the editor. I think Sally Nugent would have been a better appointment, she gets on well with Bill and Charlie and can handle both news and sport.

I never used to like Sally - but improved massively after Susanna left. I think it should be Louise and Sally with Naga as relief....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky Meehan please! :)
    Clip> http://youtu.be/1evPHL5vd2I?t=1m39s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky Meehan please! :)
    Clip> http://youtu.be/1evPHL5vd2I?t=1m39s

Becky seems much more attractive and less antagonistic, a much better early morning broadcaster than Naga although she might not balance the Ethnic/Woman Scale as favourably. Let's not pretend quotas are not important to the BBC even if Naga is rough sandpaper rather than smooth sailing in her role. I am amazed they upgraded her from Late Lunch personally, between the boyish haircut, unflattering tops and skirts she pulls down constantly it is clear she is not comfortable on TV. Perhaps better suited for radio.
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I never used to like Sally - but improved massively after Susanna left. I think it should be Louise and Sally with Naga as relief....

Oh dear, you walked into that one, but it's gotta be said:

"I wouldn't mind some relief from Naga."
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    I am amazed they upgraded her from Late Lunch personally, between the boyish haircut, unflattering tops and skirts she pulls down constantly it is clear she is not comfortable on TV.

Yes, I've noticed that - it's bloody annoying! And yet, when she wears a legit short skirt, she doesn't do it. Only when it's roughly a knee-length dress.

Those bold-design dresses she wears, as you say, don't really suit her. But she wears the same style again and again, so they must be her choice (rather than the producer's or something).

This sort of thing suits her much better:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxpv6UJhIWw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    She enjoys playing golf. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She enjoys playing golf. 'Nuff said.

So do thousands of other people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »
    Yes, I've noticed that - it's bloody annoying! And yet, when she wears a legit short skirt, she doesn't do it. Only when it's roughly a knee-length dress.

Those bold-design dresses she wears, as you say, don't really suit her. But she wears the same style again and again, so they must be her choice (rather than the producer's or something).

This sort of thing suits her much better:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxpv6UJhIWw

I thought perhaps she was uncomfortable in short skirts but seeing as how she seemed fined wearing that one that is about thigh height, I wonder if she actually does it consciously to draw attention. She's not necessarily a face for radio but I wonder if she'd rather be behind a desk than on a sofa.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the woman.

She's the absolute epitome of bland.

Her "banter" is toe-curling and her opinions are worthless.

She's heinous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gnome_Foam wrote: »
    I can't stand the woman.
    She's the absolute epitome of bland.
    Her "banter" is toe-curling and her opinions are worthless.
    She's heinous.
    Have you ever considered hiring your services out to write dating profiles for people on Match.com? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    So do thousands of other people.

Yes and they are all *****. Her Husband, James, was a director at ITV's 'Daybreak'. What more evidence is required to expose the incestuous nature of the British television industry? Ugh.