Back to basics

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a contract with Vodafone, which I have had for about 4 years. It's not dreadful, but I still end up paying about £30+ for everything. I have a pretty good phone, but it's totally wasted on me. I have 3G, blue tooth etc, but never really use it. To be honest I'm a bit sick of them and am cancelling the contract once and for all. That's another story though!

Does anyone know of a really good, cheap contract that comes with a phone (hopefully one that isn't like a brick!) where I would be paying under £20 a month?

Another option would be for me to buy a phone, and then get a sim-only deal (like the O2 £10 a month one). I'm probably more keen on this, as I think I would save more money in the long-run. If I buy a phone, does it have to be unlocked?? Or can I just buy a phone which is described as 'sim free'?

Hope you can help!:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add - if I buy an O2 sim, for example, will it work on any unblocked phone?
  • Jon_SJon_S Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a really good, cheap contract that comes with a phone (hopefully one that isn't like a brick!) where I would be paying under £20 a month?

Hi,
    There's some really good deals on the Samsung Tocco Lite at the moment - a good touchscreen phone that should do everything you need and is certainly not like a brick :)

You can have this phone free on an 18 month deal for £15 a month with 12 months free line rental.
    http://mymobiledeal.com/Best-Samsung-S5230-Tocco-Lite-Deals.aspx

This way you get a nice phone + 18 months of calls and texts for £90 in total. Cheaper than buying a phone and paying for your calls on top.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just the price thats causing you issues, why not keep your current phone but move to a 12month SIMO deal with voda

600min unlimited sms fo £15

or if thats too much how about a 30day simo deal

100mins 500 sms £10

if you want a cheap basic phone at low cost check out http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Networks/Vodafone/n443.aspx few upgrade options on there at £10 or £15 a month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both so much for your help. I'm going to go with the one suggested by Jon. Really great deal, it means I'll be paying a fraction of what I do now.

Cheers!