100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    From CDAN:

Kindness

This actress had a chance at A list. She was this close and was in a movie that got her nominated for one of the big awards and everything was going great. Then she had a personal tragedy which she does not discuss much and since that time she has worked on her career but other things in her life are more important. For her, she has been focusing on kids, especially those who are terminally ill. Her favourite thing to do which she does at least once a week is to go to a children's hospital and sit and meet with kids and then watch some of her most famous movies. The movies that still make kids scream with delight when she comes visit them. She has tried to get her castmates to come with her because the kids would even love it more but they always say no or they will come some other time. There is one castmate who invariably comes. Apparently there is nothing quite like the smile of a kid who is suffering from cancer when this B list all movie actor walks into the room and sits down and watches the movie with them. If smiles could heal, there would be no sick people when he comes along to visit with our actress.

So it's someone who has been in a few movies that kids love. Hmm..."The movies that STILL make kids scream with delight" seems to indicate they were not made in the last few years. Any thoughts :confused:
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,926
    Forum Member
    So it's someone who has been in a few movies that kids love. Hmm..."The movies that STILL make kids scream with delight" seems to indicate they were not made in the last few years. Any thoughts :confused:
    I'm trying to think of big name actresses who get heavily involved with children's hospitals and causes. The woman who tried to avoid Entrapment is one and I've seen that Hannibal Lecter has accompanied her recently on a visit. But nothing else fits. She has arguably attained A list and actually won a big award. Any others?
    Forum Member
    How about the Working Girl? Golden globe winner but not an oscar winner. Has had lots of personal issues but supports children.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From CDAN:

Kindness

This actress had a chance at A list. She was this close and was in a movie that got her nominated for one of the big awards and everything was going great. Then she had a personal tragedy which she does not discuss much and since that time she has worked on her career but other things in her life are more important. For her, she has been focusing on kids, especially those who are terminally ill. Her favourite thing to do which she does at least once a week is to go to a children's hospital and sit and meet with kids and then watch some of her most famous movies. The movies that still make kids scream with delight when she comes visit them. She has tried to get her castmates to come with her because the kids would even love it more but they always say no or they will come some other time. There is one castmate who invariably comes. Apparently there is nothing quite like the smile of a kid who is suffering from cancer when this B list all movie actor walks into the room and sits down and watches the movie with them. If smiles could heal, there would be no sick people when he comes along to visit with our actress.

Up Close & Personal?
    My guess is the 90's Catwoman.
  • nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Alma Del Mar for the actress?

The personal tragedy being loss of her daughter's father.

The B List actor - I don't know. Her current boyfriend?

Edit to add: The Alma Del Mar role got her nominated for a big award.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think of the dreamgirl but her filmography doesnt fit.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    Clutching at straws, but how about Wednesday Addams? There's also Casper, Speed Racer, That Darn Cat, Penelope, Mermaids.

No idea who the co-star would be.

As for the tragedy, she hasn't spoken to her father since she was filming Addams Family Values and does not like to speak about it publicly.
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Up Close & Personal?
    My guess is the 90's Catwoman.
    I dont think the Filmography fits for her. It's got to be an actress who's made some famous family friendly movies. Also, she was surely a definite A lister in the late 80s/ early 90s.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

What roles of her would be the ones kids would still love?

I'm loving this blind though, so refreshing! This one does need to be revealed.. :)
  • jivinjayjivinjay Posts: 194
    Forum Member

Can I have another clue please - I tried google but nothing.
    :confused::confused::confused:
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    jivinjay wrote: »

The father of her child was a real Joker. :(
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She died in Dawsons Creek
  • jivinjayjivinjay Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    The father of her child was a real Joker. :(
    MrMarple wrote: »
    She died in Dawsons Creek

Thanks - that's who I thought but surely she is classed as A list, especially after her last roll. Also, what kids films has she been in?
  • SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She is the first person I thought of with the personal tragedy line put in there. After some wiki looking she was in Lassie.
    Forum Member
    Thanks - that's who I thought but surely she is classed as A list, especially after her last roll. Also, what kids films has she been in?
    Yep, she's A list although you wonder how long she can keep that status.
    Forum Member
    What roles of her would be the ones kids would still love?

I'm loving this blind though, so refreshing! This one does need to be revealed.. :)
    I agree. I've been thinking more about the B list actor. Who's been the most popular face in family films in recent years? Harry Potter! Could the near A lister be an older female costar from the series?! Zoe Wanamaker is big on children's charities but does not fit the near A lister description.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    From CDAN:

The Family Man

This actor is A list. He is everyone's best friend and everyone loves him and the world feels like it would die without his movies. if there was an America's Sweetheart for actors, he would be at the top of the list. Always the family guy he has been married for quite some time. He has kid(s). it is that easy, heartwarming kind of thing he has going that makes it so easy for him to talk that teenager back to his room or his condo which he keeps just for that kind of thing and see how open they are to things. And by things i mean, our actor has a very dark side which never shows itself in public. It has shown itself in a role or two and in an interview you will sometimes see a brief flash and wonder where it came from. He loves finding teens. It is always teens for him and he loves to see what he can talk them into. Loves seeing what they will do for him that they would never consider. He can be extremely rough and violent but always makes sure everything is consensual.

He finds a teen and they go to his place or a hotel. Never anywhere in public. Ever. Room service and then he does what he does. It can be anything from convincing them he can get them in one of his movies to helping them with their homework. Whatever it takes to get their clothes off and his kinks satisfied. It is really interesting that when he was first starting out in movies he actually starred with one of the most sexually violent actors working today. Who knew they both would become such big stars.

BIB - To me that sounds like this guy has one child but also has a stepchild or stepchildren. That doesn't fit Man in Black??
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    I agree. I've been thinking more about the B list actor. Who's been the most popular face in family films in recent years? Harry Potter! Could the near A lister be an older female costar from the series?! Zoe Wanamaker is big on children's charities but does not fit the near A lister description.
    Oops!! :D Not her anyway!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True but the blind says

"Then she had a personal tragedy which she does not discuss much and since that time she has worked on her career but other things in her life are more important"

Only trouble with Matilda's mum as a guess is that I wouldn't have said she was known for kid=friendly films mainly. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - To me that sounds like this guy has one child but also has a stepchild or stepchildren. That doesn't fit Man in Black??

To me that is just their way of not being too explicit in saying who it is - so they are saying he is a father, but not saying how many children because it would narrow it down too much, just imo.
    Forum Member
    True but the blind says

"Then she had a personal tragedy which she does not discuss much and since that time she has worked on her career but other things in her life are more important"

Only trouble with Matilda's mum as a guess is that I wouldn't have said she was known for kid=friendly films mainly. :confused:
    Yeah, I'm stuck with this one. Some of these blinds don't get the star rating right.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But there are two kinds of A list 1) those who's movies open at number 1 and make gazillions in profits and 2) those who make very good movies and are loved by critics, win oscars, Palme d' Or etc.

I don't know this is solvable - she's doing it quietly for the kids so doesn't want it known. Also the personal tragedy doesn't sound like its public either. When ever it is I hope they can keep doing it.
  • Aaron_HoltAaron_Holt Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Surely the family man is ghost rider ?
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Aaron_Holt wrote: »
    Surely the family man is ghost rider ?

He doesn't strike me a an American sweetheart, nor loved by everyone either. I don't think it can be him.
  • sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    He doesn't strike me a an American sweetheart, nor loved by everyone either. I don't think it can be him.

I'm hoping he's not castaway :-0
This discussion has been closed.