Options

International Cricket 2013

Comments

• Options
    jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,725
    Forum Member
    Just been watching the IPL with David Miller hitting 101* off 38 balls in a partnership of 130 in 8.1 overs
    Terrific entertainment
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,646
    Forum Member
    jake1981 wrote: »
    Just been watching the IPL with David Miller hitting 101* off 38 balls in a partnership of 130 in 8.1 overs
    Terrific entertainment

He's in fantastic form, ironic that he hit the winning runs off Gayle...nice for him to get some of his own medicine! Bet RCB can't believe they managed to lose that game
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 17,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bhaveshgor wrote: »
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/634249.html

look like all the asian countries, West indies and Zimbabwe voted for Sivaramakrishnan

Don't think we'll see DRS being made mandatory any time soon .
    I know both sides accused the other of underhand canvassing, but it does seem like the BCCI have used their 'influence' on those that voted
  • Options
    BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Don't think we'll see DRS being made mandatory any time soon .
    I know both sides accused the other of underhand canvassing, but it does seem like the BCCI have used their 'influence' on those that voted

yep its gonna be the typical we won't tour.
    I don't really think it was BCCI agenda to promote laxman sivaramakrishnan for DRS, since they can stop DRS without him, they still control 3 committee members and the board above them.
    I personally think it was BCCI agenda to kick out the FICA Representative, since he has lately been vocal against BCCI and the Asian members, and in the past couple of years BCCI have been very paranoid of it's image and it is trying to block anyone saying anything bad about them.
    Also with no fica representative in the ICC committee, it is impossible for ICC to make a new ruling to allow a fica Representative in the future, since the chief executives board will vote with India in 9 to 1, with ECB being the only ones against India.

2014 england vs india tour will be very interesting for its on field and off field battles, BCCI defiantly hates all the english press and sky commentators, it was reported in 2011 that they tried to make everyone quiet but it failed.
    this video is still funny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-AH-gMN9x8
    that was a very odd tour, pretty much every India media channel and press was going through every single quote of the day play, including the sky and ESPN coverage to pick up anything the English boys mentioned on tv or twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep its gonna be the typical we won't tour.
    I don't really think it was BCCI agenda to promote laxman sivaramakrishnan for DRS, since they can stop DRS without him, they still control 3 committee members and the board above them.
    I personally think it was BCCI agenda to kick out the FICA Representative, since he has lately been vocal against BCCI and the Asian members, and in the past couple of years BCCI have been very paranoid of it's image and it is trying to block anyone saying anything bad about them.
    Also with no fica representative in the ICC committee, it is impossible for ICC to make a new ruling to allow a fica Representative in the future, since the chief executives board will vote with India in 9 to 1, with ECB being the only ones against r.

FICA have called for an inquiry to the lobbying by the BCCI. It does seem wrong to threaten people's jobs if they don't vote a certain way
    The full story is headlining Cricinfo
    (Sorry can't do links as I'm at work)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am only highlighting this article, because media personnel from South Africa + Australia, need to start attacking their own board, for doing everything BCCI tells them to do.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/india-board-president-n-srinivasan-may-be-crickets-most-destructive-figure/story-fn67wltq-1226636632524
    when the board executives voted for the DRS to be voted, how come all boards barring ECB voted against BCCI.
    pretty much all the media in South Africa and Australia, talk about how BCCI are ruining the game, for not allowing DRS, how can the Australia media criticize BCCI for the DRS, when they own board voted against it.
    only the english media can criticize BCCI for the DRS.
    I did not once see any aussie media attack ACB for voting against DRS.
    people need to understand If ECB, ACB, NZB, South Africa Cricket board vote against BCCI, and Can persuade WICB and Zimbabwe, the Swing votes, then they can implement DRS in all games.
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/india-flex-muscle-in-icc-meet-threaten-pullout-over-drs/370071-78.html

if media people criticize BCCI, they need to also look at the other board for allowing BCCI to have so much power because they fear BCCI for leaving the ICC and having IPL all year round.
    BCCI pretty much has most of its power now because of fear.
    BCCI are like a bully, if you stand up to them then they will stop bullying you, but if you don't then they will start bullying you more, in the last 18 months, the latter is starting to be true.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does everyone think things will go for England this summer?

I'll go for a 1-0 win against New Zealand with a comfortable win and a rain affected draw. For the Champions Trophy, I think England will make the semi final but no further.

As for the Ashes, I get the feeling we could have a drawn series (first in the Ashes since 1972)
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll go for a 1-0 win against New Zealand with a comfortable win and a rain affected draw. For the Champions Trophy, I think England will make the semi final but no further.

As for the Ashes, I get the feeling we could have a drawn series (first in the Ashes since 1972)

Drawn series? Do you know anything about Cricket?

England beat Australia away fairly easily and the Aussies had a better team than they do know. They are in shambles!

England will win 3-0 or 4-0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drawn series? Do you know anything about Cricket?

England beat Australia away fairly easily and the Aussies had a better team than they do know. They are in shambles!

England will win 3-0 or 4-0

England were favourites to beat Australia in 1989, yet we lost 4-0.
    The last time a squad set out on an Ashes quest with such similar gloomy forecasts was 24 years ago, the first time a young Steve Waugh made that pilgrimage. In 1989, Australia faced the prospect of a third successive Ashes defeat with a side seemingly held together only by Allan Border’s grizzled leadership – at his disposal was an ageing seam attack, no decent spinner or wicketkeeper and a clutch of young batsmen who gave every sign of being out of their depth. “For six or seven of us it was make-or-break time,” recalls Waugh. It made Waugh.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-v-australia-dont-write-off-aussies-when-were-underdogs-for-the-ashes-says-steve-waugh-8552503.html

I will remember to quote your post on August 25th, although I hope not to need to do so.:D
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England were favourites to beat Australia in 1989, yet we lost 4-0.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-v-australia-dont-write-off-aussies-when-were-underdogs-for-the-ashes-says-steve-waugh-8552503.html

I will remember to quote your post on August 25th, although I hope not to need to do so.:D

That was 89. This is now. The likes of Cowan, Hughes, Warner, Haddin, Siddle, Harris and Lyon don't worry me and won't worry Cook and the boys.

I do find one thing quite hard to believe though. I cannot understand why they haven't selected Shaun Marsh. The guy is fit, he is playing well in the ipl and was the star of the big bash. He would certainly do better than some of the batsmen they have picked.
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imran Khan fell approx 5 meters from a platform at a Political rally
    Good news is he is out of intensive care

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22446000
  • Options
    Forum Member

the new zealand series is a tough one to call.
    i will go for new zealand to win the series 1-0.
    they bowling attack look very decent, think they will catch England cold.
    for the champions trophy, someone from group B will win the trophy, with England getting knocked out in the semis.
    England will win the ashes, 3-1.

predictions.
    England 0 - 1 New Zealand
    Champions Trophy - India
    Ashes England 3 - Australia 1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if media people criticize BCCI, they need to also look at the other board for allowing BCCI to have so much power because they fear BCCI for leaving the ICC and having IPL all year round.
    BCCI pretty much has most of its power now because of fear.
    BCCI are like a bully, if you stand up to them then they will stop bullying you, but if you don't then they will start bullying you more, in the last 18 months, the latter is starting to be true.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/ousted-may-slams-icc-cancer-20130508-2j7nl.html
    finally someone puts the blame on the other boards.
    Paul Marsh, chief of the Australian Cricketers' Association, said all boards were equally guilty because of their reluctance to stand up to the BCCI.
    ''The reality is the boards can't see past the next India tour that might [be] in jeopardy because they say something … there are constant threats of that sort of stuff. I'm not saying it's easy. You take that [money generated from India tours] out and potentially a lot of our boards are going to go broke. But the alternative is doing nothing … and we've got this monopoly, a dictatorship that gets stronger and stronger.''
  • Options
    Forum Member
    here is ECB annual report
    http://static.ecb.co.uk/files/1282-ecb-2012-annual-report-digital-12445.pdf
    overview.
    2011 saw a record turnover of 146 M and record profit 15.5M.
    2013 turnover is 111.2 M and a loss of 1M.
    turnover is down by 24% on the 2012 figure.
    The high 2012 figure was primarily a result
    of hosting India in the summer of 2011 and the additional
    overseas broadcasting revenue and match return revenue
    that this generated. It should be noted that despite the fall, at
    £111.2m, annual turnover is still higher than the comparative
    figure in 2010 of £106.0m.

in the director report one of the risk reported was significant breakdown in relations with overseas governing bodies.
    with the 2nd risk being natural disasters (floods, Drought, ETC.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering, was it really necessary to have back to back Ashes series this year? As much as I look forward to the Ashes, 10 consecutive tests against the same country in a 6 month period is a bit excessive to me.

If they wanted to avoid having the Ashes and World Cup so close together, they could have done it this way instead.

2013 in England
    2015-16 in Australia
    2017 in England
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/story/636152.html
    3 Rajasthan royals have been arrested for spot fixing.
    Delhi police will hold a press conference at 3.00 pm IST, which is around 10.30 BST.
    N Srinivasan, is expected to hold a press conference soon.

All three players - Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan - have been suspended by the BCCI.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/story/636152.html
    3 Rajasthan royals have been arrested for spot fixing.
    Delhi police will hold a press conference at 3.00 pm IST, which is around 10.30 BST.
    N Srinivasan, is expected to hold a press conference soon.

All three players - Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan - have been suspended by the BCCI.

Just saw this. Not only arrested but charged as well.(from SSN)

Also 'several' bookmakers arrested but not clear whether any of these have been charged yet.

Don't see how they'll ever stop spot fixing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching SSN and they're reporting live from the queue at Lords for the First Test
    It's only 7.30 surprised that there's a queue already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    watch Sky Channel 511, they have some very good analysis, and a video on how the illegal bookies are run in the subcontinent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we all surprised? Really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "The BCCI is shocked and saddened at the recent developments. The BCCI has zero tolerance to corruption. We will offer all cooperation to the Delhi police and all other authorities in their investigations in this matter. The IPL Governing Council has met and decided that the cricketers found involved will be dealt with severely.

As of now, the 3 players viz; Ankeet Chavan, Ajit Chandila and S. Sreesanth stand suspended pending enquiry. All information required to bring the persons involved to book will be collected and strictest action will be taken, if found guilty.

The BCCI engages the services of the anti corruption wing of the ICC to educate and monitor players and support staff in prevention of corruption of any form in the game. In fact, it is wholly unfortunate that despite such education, best playing conditions and terms of engagement offered, some players seem to be indulging in such activity.
    statement from BCCI
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double B wrote: »
    Are we all surprised? Really?

None of us, you make a tournament where money is everything, this will happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the bookies arrested are linked to the D Gang.
    which is linked to this guy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawood_Ibrahim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of us, you make a tournament where money is everything, this will happen.

Exactly.

Combine that with the fact that illegal betting is rife in India, you are only asking for trouble. You can't legislate for the flaw in the characters of those who indulge in this sort of thing, but you'd really expect this not to be cropping up TIME and TIME again.
This discussion has been closed.