Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    She also has more than one brolly! linky here...:D
    Good lord! She has been swindled! They have the very same ones in the same colours in poundland.
    Hicky wrote: »
    People can only be themselves in the correct environment, and BB isn't it usually, the loudest, strongest outspoken ones dominate so we seldom see what the others are really like.
    Plus on person can do something as we all know and one or more of the others frowns on it or laughs and thats that then, they have been controlled so are out of the game really.
    That is true.

:eek::eek::eek: What the hell is Yvette Fielding thnking? :eek: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2291840/Harry-Styles-tried-seduce-Blue-Peter-star-41-just-16.html
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Woooooooooo, how lucky am I! :eek:

*makes plans on how to spend all the dosh coming my way* :D:D

You might notice lots of unlikely folk sucking up today, lovely SR *sickly smile* I've always loved the Scots, me, such warm and empathetic people, always willing to share their last groat:D
    That's for sure. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha, did you notice her handbag sitting beside her, how mad is that. You're in your own home & you cart your handbag around with you from room to room. :D

My gran used to do that - she even took it with her to the loo when she was in someone else's house, bless:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »

My gran used to do that - she even took it with her to the loo when she was in someone else's house, bless:cool:

Arent you supposed to? I always do. How else would you have access to your special soap, sanitary items, hairbrush, lipstick, anti-bac etc? :confused:
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see the Southeast have had a bad time with the ice and snow again.
    Some trapped all night in their cars.

Pity the artics don't stay off the roads when they are bad, they jackknife and block the road then noone can get through, it's all wrong, I thought they were going to stop this jackknifing many years ago, i see they didn't bother.

Pity all the cars aren't 4x4's with winter tyres as well, maybe some people could get home.

I see the ambulance service have to send out 4x4's to pick up their staff for work.
    Surprise, surprise.
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning guys - busy day, and my niece is coming later to stay over for an interview a Birmingham Uni tomorrow - really looking forward to seeing her:cool:

Bloody arctic here, feels as though we've gone right back to December - someone told me yesterday that the odds are good for a white Easter:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see the Southeast have had a bad time with the ice and snow again.
    Some trapped all night in their cars.

Pity the artics don't stay off the roads when they are bad, they jackknife and block the road then noone can get through, it's all wrong, I thought they were going to stop this jackknifing many years ago, i see they didn't bother.

Pity all the cars aren't 4x4's with winter tyres as well, maybe some people could get home.

I see the ambulance service have to send out 4x4's to pick up their staff for work.
    Surprise, surprise.
    So is it the ordinary tyres or the lorries that cause it?
    Morning guys - busy day, and my niece is coming later to stay over for an interview a Birmingham Uni tomorrow - really looking forward to seeing her:cool:

Bloody arctic here, feels as though we've gone right back to December - someone told me yesterday that the odds are good for a white Easter:eek:

Is it wise for her to stay at "The house of Noro"?
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    G'day Lurkers :D
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Just make sure our prizes are good ones to make up for the fast one you tried to pull
    I still have a spare aborigine to swap...
    I am glad she is ok but if the flu was so severe the "doctors thought she had a stroke" why wasnt she kept in?
    And if its flu how come she's tweeting? Can you get very mild flu?
    the word "hysterical" comes to mind...:rolleyes:

No surprise to me.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »

the word "hysterical" comes to mind...:rolleyes:

The word "Brat" comes to mind.:rolleyes:

Edit... My first word wouldn't print for some reason. :)
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Helloooo :)

Totally uneventful day apart from trying to buy some Wonderweb in Greek.After several unsuccessful attempts at explaining what I needed and just knowing there would be some in the shop somewhere, I eventually came up 'that which the iron sticks to the other'.At this point she gave me a 'why the heck didn't you say so in the first place' look, flounced off and after much scrabbling in the stockroom appeared with a roll of it and slapped it on the counter.I felt obliged to buy more than I will ever possibly need... :p:p

It has been lovely and sunny, though still chilly so I am off to sit outside for a wee while....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Helloooo :)

Totally uneventful day apart from trying to buy some Wonderweb in Greek.After several unsuccessful attempts at explaining what I needed and just knowing there would be some in the shop somewhere, I eventually came up 'that which the iron sticks to the other'.At this point she gave me a 'why the heck didn't you say so in the first place' look, flounced off and after much scrabbling in the stockroom appeared with a roll of it and slapped it on the counter.I felt obliged to buy more than I will ever possibly need... :p:p

It has been lovely and sunny, though still chilly so I am off to sit outside for a wee while....
    I am very impressed indeed by your wonderweb sentence and i shall call it that in future. :D
    What is it called in Greece?
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can believe that - its snowing here in Brum !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So is it the ordinary tyres or the lorries that cause it?

Is it wise for her to stay at "The house of Noro"?
    The Articulated wagons shouldn't be driving on roads that are too bad as they can block it, the cars should have the correct tyres and if they aren't 4x4 they don't deserve sympathy as they know what the result will be.
    All the emergency services have to rescue them, with 4x4 vehicles, that should tell you something.
    Barracute wrote: »
    I can believe that - its snowing here in Brum !
    Is snow banned in Brum?:DDDDD
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.........just cleared my driveway of snow! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Articulated wagons shouldn't be driving on roads that are too bad as they can block it, the cars should have the correct tyres and if they aren't 4x4 they don't deserve sympathy as they know what the result will be.
    All the emergency services have to rescue them, with 4x4 vehicles, that should tell you something.

Is snow banned in Brum?:DDDDD

Oh give it a bloody rest Hicky........you're like a broken record! :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prizes for Flora & Hy................ HERE HERE & HERE

Enjoy! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes. It tells me that if four by fours are so superior they should be subsidised so we can all afford one. But I bet you wouldn't want yours any more. ;)

Ooooh how lovely. They can do three legged skating for comic relief.
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fank you, and I shall think of you everytime I look at the first one :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It tells me that if four by fours are so superior they should be subsidised so we can all afford one. But I bet you wouldn't want yours any more. ;)

Ooooh how lovely. They can do three legged skating for comic relief.
    Good idea, we could video their entire performance. :D
    Fank you, and I shall think of you everytime I look at the first one :D

You're very welcome..........I forgot about THIS wee extra for you both. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW! How's this for service........when I came home I switched the TV on, no signal was displayed, the cable box was flashing various things. Switched it off at the wall & rebooted it, same thing. Phoned Virgin & managed to speak to a UK person, told me someone could come out between 2-00 & 4-00pm today! :eek: Guy has just been & gone after leaving new box. I've had that old box for god knows how long......it was so old it had Telewest on the outside of it. :D
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good idea, we could video their entire performance. :D

You're very welcome..........I forgot about THIS wee extra for you both. :D

We are getting spoilt, very nice havent got any like that all my others have got tassels on :D
    WOW! How's this for service........when I came home I switched the TV on, no signal was displayed, the cable box was flashing various things. Switched it off at the wall & rebooted it, same thing. Phoned Virgin & managed to speak to a UK person, told me someone could come out between 2-00 & 4-00pm today! :eek: Guy has just been & gone after leaving new box. I've had that old box for god knows how long......it was so old it had Telewest on the outside of it. :D

Very good service, expect you put the fear of god up them with your phone call :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am very impressed indeed by your wonderweb sentence and i shall call it that in future. :D
    What is it called in Greece?

I asked her and she said 'αραχνη', which means 'spider'.I thought I must have mis-heard so I had a look when I got home and it is indeed what it is called, maybe because it is fine like a spider's web....
  • Options
    Forum Member

Brilliant service, even more so considering the snow!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    I asked her and she said 'αραχνη', which means 'spider'.I thought I must have mis-heard so I had a look when I got home and it is indeed what it is called, maybe because it is fine like a spider's web....

So it is. :)
This discussion has been closed.