Options

Peter Calpadi - wishing really hard

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I very rarely indulge in this speculative wishing, but I'm really hoping Capaldi is the name revealed on Sunday.

The sudden flurry of betting on him reminds me of Matt Smith and his out-of-the-blue naming made me think, 'oh, bugger, why did I never think of that before, he'd be brilliant'. I've always been hoping for an older Doctor, more in the Eccleston mode.

So, I'm just saying I really hope this late surge of bets means he's in serious contention to be the man. But who knows, eh?

:)

Comments

• Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed - it's the sudden flurry of bets on him that reminds me of Matt's announcement. Also they must need to use 12th earlier. He can be part of the celebrations I suppose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would it not bother anyone else about his previous minor role in Doctor Who, let alone the major role in Children of Earth? It would really bug me that he'd already been seen in the 'Whoniverse'.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of all the people I've heard rumoured, he is probably I'd most like to see in the role. :)
    CSweeet7 wrote: »
    Would it not bother anyone else about his previous minor role in Doctor Who, let alone the major role in Children of Earth? It would really bug me that he'd already been seen in the 'Whoniverse'.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
  • Options
    QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wouldn't bother me. Didn't bother me when Colin Baker was The Doctor.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member

No.

Besides in Whodom that is already sorted. Sometimes a regeneration picks the 'human form' of someone The Doctor has meet.:D
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, we've already seen him in Who AND Torchwood. To be honest I'd rather have some fresh blood and also someone less well known just how Matt was when he was chosen. I'm not against an older actor by the way.
  • Options
    Jon McManamyJon McManamy Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    I'm holding out hope for Ben Daniels meself, but whoever it is i'm sure they'll be fantastic
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As long as the next Doctor isn't Noel Clarke, John Barrowman, Bernard Cribbins or Arthur Davrill - not at all. Talented actors, especially young unknowns, could potentially be put of appearing in the series if they're then pointblank blacklisted from ever being The Doctor himself.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't he due to be Cardinal Richelieu in the new Musketeers tv show? Is he going to have the time to commit himself to such a big role as the Doctor (as much as I might wish him to)?
  • Options
    gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cardinal F*****g Richelieu, I believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it's not Calpadi.

Nothing against him, except that I know him from too many other things to accept him as the doctor.

Suspension of disbelief only stretches so far.

I vote 'unknown'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It's a Tardis, now get the f**k in, or f**k the f**k off"

Youtube may be about to collapse under the weight of Doctor Who/Thick of It mashups.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would bother me a bit, but he is a better actor than the others who have had previous roles.
    Maybe someone who hasn't been in Dr Who, but someone respected as an actor ?
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be bothered but I would be quite sad watching him because, you know, the whole Sid situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gwen from Torchwood first appeared as a Psychic Maid on Who.

Martha first appeared as Martha's cousin, the episode before Martha first appeared.

Amy Pond was a very camp 'Seer' in The Fires Of Pompeii.

Wilf was originally just Kylie's nameless newsagent, before he became Donna's Granddad.

I don't anticipate too many people will be particularly bothered, to be honest.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Capaldi would be great, I think. I don't care at all that he's been on both Who and Torchwood.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll always be Sid's dad to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it didn't bother people with Colin Baker, Lalla Ward, Eve Myles, Catherine Tate, Bernard Cribbins, and Karen Gillan, it's not going to start bothering them now. :p
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He'll be able to do a reverse Father's Day in which the dead dad goes forward to see the living son.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just so long as it's not Barrowman. I'll stop watching if it's Captain Cack.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*The Doctor kicks the door down and marches towards the Daleks*

"Right! You were warned! Oh yes, I warned you! You were warned!"
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd missed all this as been computer-free for a few days, but listening to Radio5 this morning, Nicky Campbell casually announced that the new Doctor was being announced on Sunday and the favourite was Peter Capaldi...nearly spit my tea out.

Are they doing a 'Confidential' on Sunday? If so, It's likely to be the 12th Doctor announcement, isn't it. Surely? (Don't call me..etc)

BTW...he'd be a superb choice. Capaldi's great.
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've ignored all other speculation because 'what will be, will be' and stuff -- but the idea of Calpaldi as the Doctor is genius and now I'll be disappointed unless it's him!!
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    "It's a Tardis, now get the f**k in, or f**k the f**k off"

Sound like the Tom Baker blooper tapes.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd missed all this as been computer-free for a few days, but listening to Radio5 this morning, Nicky Campbell casually announced that the new Doctor was being announced on Sunday and the favourite was Peter Capaldi...nearly spit my tea out.

Are they doing a 'Confidential' on Sunday? If so, It's likely to be the 12th Doctor announcement, isn't it. Surely? (Don't call me..etc)

BTW...he'd be a superb choice. Capaldi's great.

7 pm BBC1.

A Live show that will also feature some previous Docs (though Matt Smith is the only name mentioned so far).

Trailer here