The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dayne14 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I'm fairly new to The Walking dead but love it. I don't have fx but have watched S1 and 2. Can anybody recommend a place where I can watch the first half of S3, preferably non torrent based if poss, as the family ain't keen on the use of torrents?

Don't want to wait till April / May for S3 on Channel 5.

Thanks.

Dayne will be joining us shortly - yay another recruit:D
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    If its anything like the comics
    The one black guy policy will continue, Tyreese is excecuted by the governer then a few issues later Morgan comes back haha.

Tyreese was with Rick & co much before the prison though so...
    Father Gabriel and Heath were still alive the last time I read it.....which was a month ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Father Gabriel and Heath were still alive the last time I read it.....which was a month ago.

Not up to that yet :D

Got the compendium 2 for Christmas ;)
  • dayne14dayne14 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Dayne will be joining us shortly - yay another recruit:D

Hi Everyone,

Finally caught up, took longer than I thought, with an unexpected family death and Christmas. But I won't bombard people with to many of my thoughts just yet, other than to say, I had long thought walkers may be capable of free thought. But also I was wondering why the mutation or whatever you want to call it that everyone is carrying, is only active from the start of the walking dead. Could it be a government experiment, or a nuclear test or bomb gone wrong. Why now.

WHY is nobody in TWD asking WHY instead of what if or who?

Thanks to everyone for their help in finding the eps. Much appreciated.
  • Lith66Lith66 Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Hi Everyone,

Finally caught up, took longer than I thought, with an unexpected family death and Christmas. But I won't bombard people with to many of my thoughts just yet, other than to say, I had long thought walkers may be capable of free thought. But also I was wondering why the mutation or whatever you want to call it that everyone is carrying, is only active from the start of the walking dead. Could it be a government experiment, or a nuclear test or bomb gone wrong. Why now.

Thanks to everyone for their help in finding the eps. Much appreciated.

The tv show and the comic books like to make you think what happen and why it happen so that why it's never really been bought up. It's more about surviving first and finding a safe place to stay then maybe look into a cure as like wudbury is kinda doing but its hard as there no national power going an as soon you making sound it invites more walkers to invade and over run the place.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    When I saw this thread bumped I assumed there was a new episode :( lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad you're enjoying the show. TWD comics & tv series decided not to focus why and how the dead became walking. Nor the early stages of the virus. and aftermath.

TV producers have said see the 2004 version of Dawn of the Dead for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you're enjoying the show. TWD comics & tv series decided not to focus why and how the dead became walking. Nor the early stages of the virus. and aftermath.

TV producers have said see the 2004 version of Dawn of the Dead for that.

BIB - I would LOVE to see the TWD team take a look at that, perhaps as a flashback episode/webisode or something. The Walkers are terrifying enough to those now used to them - imagine their impact in the early days!
    Forum Member
    Lith66 wrote: »
    The tv show and the comic books like to make you think what happen and why it happen so that why it's never really been bought up. It's more about surviving first and finding a safe place to stay then maybe look into a cure as like wudbury is kinda doing but its hard as there no national power going an as soon you making sound it invites more walkers to invade and over run the place.

Oh I see. Though I do agree with Kaybee it would be nice to see even in a small part, the world's initial reaction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    BIB - I would LOVE to see the TWD team take a look at that, perhaps as a flashback episode/webisode or something. The Walkers are terrifying enough to those now used to them - imagine their impact in the early days!

It was ruled out, But you never know now with a different show runner things might change.

Also i wish they'd stuck to the idea of having a stand alone episode at the beginning of each season.

It was originally planned to have at start of season 2 that guy who'd shot himself in the tank that Rick climbed into in the first episode. He was going to have an episode about how he got there etc.

Shame it never happened.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was originally planned to have at start of season 2 that guy who'd shot himself in the tank that Rick climbed into in the first episode. He was going to have an episode about how he got there etc.
    There was also talk about making a stand-alone Walking Dead feature film, telling that guy's story. That would have covered a lot of the background.

We have seen some of it in flashbacks, especially the episode where we saw Shane at the hospital.
    Forum Member
    It was ruled out, But you never know now with a different show runner things might change.

Also i wish they'd stuck to the idea of having a stand alone episode at the beginning of each season.

Shame it never happened.

On the subject of a new showrunner, I'm worried that if AMC order a 4th Season larger than 16 eps the plots may become a bit thin. Having smaller runs is part of the attractiveness to non comic book viewers like me, does anyone agree? It was bucking the awful US tendency for 22 - 26 ep seasons? Also I view each block almost as a seperate season, so in my eyes 9 - 16 will be for me S5. Does anybody else agree, or for that matter disagree?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the subject of a new showrunner, I'm worried that if AMC order a 4th Season larger than 16 eps the plots may become a bit thin. Having smaller runs is part of the attractiveness to non comic book viewers like me, does anyone agree? It was bucking the awful US tendency for 22 - 26 ep seasons? Also I view each block almost as a seperate season, so in my eyes 9 - 16 will be for me S5. Does anybody else agree, or for that matter disagree?

Well i'm good either way....

I like long seasons if they are done well... (basically because they last longer)

Also the budget would be affected for 22 episodes.

For the walking dead, I'd settle for 16 briliant episodes rather than 22 episodes with 5 or 6 brilliant episodes.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »

I hoped we were going to see some more flashbacks after the one at the beginning of season 2 - where they were stuck in traffic.

And it's back in just over 3 weeks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    loracan wrote: »
    I hoped we were going to see some more flashbacks after the one at the beginning of season 2 - where they were stuck in traffic.

And it's back in just over 3 weeks!

Robert Kirkman has always said he's not interested in telling that story of how it happened and why. It's a story of survival against all odds and how people change and adapt to that situation and who they become. So I wouldn't hold your breath on many more flashbacks to the beginning, then again, a new show runner could change that but I think it would detract from how far the show and characters have come.

The best flashback which kind of explained the beginning, was with Lori and Shane looking over Atlanta being Napalmed whilst they stood there watching in horror. That just shows me how bad it must have been.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Agreed, although I'd love to see other characters facing similar early moments like that, now that Shane and Lori's story is done with. Characters like Michonne, Tyrese etc perhaps.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two weeks to go. :):)
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, looking forward to this show returning. I think I'll watch all S3 episodes again just to remind myself of what's happened so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Are we there yet???????????? :o:D:) Just a few days to go! Can't wait!:cool::D
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A week tomorrow!

Some promos here
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can hardly wait. Roll on Monday week. There's nothing better than getting up early on a Monday to watch the latest episode.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I've really missed it, trying hard to avoid the promos though. Want it to be as fresh as it can be.

There's been no show close to it in keeping my excitement up, this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I've really missed it, trying hard to avoid the promos though. Want it to be as fresh as it can be.

There's been no show close to it in keeping my excitement up, this year.

Where's the LIKE button on here LOL :p:D:)
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its back!
  • who-mewho-me Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    New ep is FANTASTIC!!! All the old characters suddenly have more depth and show new sides to their personalities and the plot is more complex with new strands of the story beginning to develop with lots of gore chucked in for good measure. There's no way I can guess where the story will go... so many new twists. Easily the best thing on TV for years. I've been a fan since season one but this week the whole thing stepped up a few nothches.