Do You Still Miss The Lovely Ethan?

wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
Forum Member
✭✭
I can't help but think how much more enjoyable this year's X Factor would be if Ethan was still in the competition. I'm convinced he would've been a charismatic performer and that he would've enjoyed the opportunity to sing in front of a large audience, with orchestras, etc. etc. I would've loved to see how he did with each theme week and how he progressed.

:cry:

I'm sure he would've been a lot more proficient than the totally inadequate Lloyd :(

(and yes, I know he didn't have the most powerful voice in the world, before anyone says it... :rolleyes: )

Comments

• robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who?

Oh him.

No, don't miss him one bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he would have been gone by now.....:rolleyes:

sorry but his voice is not much better than lloyds and he does not have the appeal to attract the younger teen girls that lloyd does..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    I can't help but think how much more enjoyable this year's X Factor would be if Ethan was still in the competition. I'm convinced he would've been a charismatic performer and that he would've enjoyed the opportunity to sing in front of a large audience, with orchestras, etc. etc. I would've loved to see how he did with each theme week and how he progressed.

:cry:

I'm sure he would've been a lot more proficient than the totally inadequate Lloyd :(

(and yes, I know he didn't have the most powerful voice in the world, before anyone says it... :rolleyes: )

I guess he is getting on with being at university, which is why he was here in the first place.

What is he studying over here anyway?
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    He wasn't the strongest singer - I did like him, but would have picked Rikki, Joe and Duane from the judges' houses selection myself. Ethan was much better than Lloyd - and Daniel Fox - though IMO. Could see Ethan doing well if he reauditions next year, as he's still popular and being talked about :)

xxxx
  • actuallyactually Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes he was a hottie and could sing - heard that simon wouldnt let cheryl put him throught as he thought he would win and take away the spotlight from danyl
  • wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluerose15 wrote: »
    he would have been gone by now.....:rolleyes:

sorry but his voice is not much better than lloyds and he does not have the appeal to attract the younger teen girls that lloyd does..

No, he most certainly would NOT have gone by now, and if you think teenaged girls wouldn't vote for him, well then that's just unbelievable.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheryl is going to regret her choices.

Ethan I guess will be back next year... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faria262 wrote: »
    He wasn't the strongest singer - I did like him, but would have picked Rikki, Joe and Duane from the judges' houses selection myself. Ethan was much better than Lloyd - and Daniel Fox - though IMO. Could see Ethan doing well if he reauditions next year, as he's still popular and being talked about :)

xxxx

I would never, ever have picked Rikki. It shows how much Cole knows that she selected him over Ethan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Cheryl is going to regret her choices.

Ethan I guess will be back next year... ;)

God I hope so! :D

He's massively popular on Twitter compared with this year's 'acts'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss him!! He would have gotten further than Rikki I think :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    He would have just been the same as Lloyd - wavering between average and awful, having absolutely zero X Factor, but still getting through over more talented and deserving acts because "aw, ain't he preeeetty?"

Glad he got the boot. Shame Lloyd didn't go with him. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he most certainly would NOT have gone by now, and if you think teenaged girls wouldn't vote for him, well then that's just unbelievable.

hey i would......but im 18

Im talking about the early teens or tweenies 13,14,15,16
    these are the people that are voting like mad for lloyd..

I dont think ethan would have appealed to 13/14 year olds.

I just dont think he would appeal to the massive voting audience that is keeping lloyd in...

PLus and i will say this again and again he is not that much of a better singer than lloyd....his audition was very shouty and his judges house was the worst

saying that i would have voted for him if lloyd was not put through
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aleksis wrote: »
    He would have just been the same as Lloyd - wavering between average and awful, having absolutely zero X Factor, but still getting through over more talented and deserving acts because "aw, ain't he preeeetty?"

Glad he got the boot. Shame Lloyd didn't go with him. :rolleyes:

Dont worry his time is nearly up....:D

Ive got a feeling his performance tomorrow night will be worse than last week if thats possible..

If john major sung...he would sound like Lloyd..;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aleksis wrote: »
    He would have just been the same as Lloyd - wavering between average and awful, having absolutely zero X Factor

Shows what you know then. Ethan had the X Factor by the shedload. Everything about him screamed successful pop star.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluerose15 wrote: »

saying that i would have voted for him if lloyd was not put through

So would I. I would've voted for Ethan over anyone else, including my current fave, Danyl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show what you know then. Ethan had the X Factor by the shedload. Everything about him screamed successful pop star.

totally Agree.
    Picking rikki and lloyd was a massive Error for Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Show what you know then. Ethan had the X Factor by the shedload. Everything about him screamed successful pop star.

Well surely if he had so much X Factor and "screamed successful pop star" he would have been snapped up by a record company already, instead of singing in pubs and being an XF reject. :D
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    I would never, ever have picked Rikki. It shows how much Cole knows that she selected him over Ethan.

I think Rikki's quite a way ahead of Lloyd though....

I also think his song choices were awful! If I was his mentor, I would have taken a completely different route - in fact, whenever a theme is announced, even now he's out I usually think of what I'd have given him first :)

I wouldn't even say he was my favourite - just one of them. I would have no reason to be biased towards him or any other contestant, but for the first two weeks, along with Joe and Stacey, I thought his were among the best performances, although in Week 2 I thought they were all outdone by Jamie.

Ethan probably would have done better than Rikki in terms of the results, but Lloyd is far less deserving of his place in the finals than Rikki was IMO :)

Just thought I'd add that they may well be lining Ethan up as a finalist for next year, a la Alexandra and many more! If his vocals improve a little, he could do well as he's very popular.

xxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he would not have gotten the same masisve fanbase Lloyd has..

He would not have appealed to the 13,14,15 year olds that are voting like crazy and pretty much saving lloyd.

and tbh lloyd was better than him at both audition and judges house....ethan was too shouty

and imo lloyd is better looking.....ethan has massive sex appeal though...very sexy body
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    totally Agree.
    Picking rikki and lloyd was a massive Error for Cheryl.

Indeed. It seemed so obvious but she was too dippy to see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I do, Ethan was a hottie :) I think duan should have been up through too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do.Ethan was a hottie :)

Was he? I hadn't noticed...:o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do.Ethan was a hottie :)

When you hear him singing to lloyd....:eek:

Ive said it since the first show..Lloyd sings like a borg drone he cant put any emotion into his songs..and that look him gives the Camera when the phone number is up..is like a Teletubbie on Crystal meth.

((hoping harry hill picks up on it))
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Ethan. Pretty but dim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Was he? I hadn't noticed...:o:p

Are you blind!!:eek:;)