Sam Dingle

soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
Forum Member
✭✭✭
At least he will not have to pay all the money back .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29457044

Comments

• tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those pay day loan companies are just legalised loan sharks, I can see how people strapped for cash or people like Sam with learning difficulties can get roped into debt, its sad. There should be a legalised maximum interest rate.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    The interest rates both on the pay day loan and credit card must have been emormous!
    I think Sam's credit card limit was £2,500 and I would imagine his pay day loan would have been about £500 maximum and all that was just a couple of months ago and now Lisa says the debt is about £5,000?
    I have heard that these pay day loan companies really rip people off and can destroy people, but I am amazed if it is correct that after such a short time Sam now owes £5,000. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think some of those pay day loan places can charge over 5000% APR, when you take the average bank loan APR on such a small amount is about 8% APR although Sam would probably be considered high risk and not eligible for a loan or would be charged a higher rate of interest.

Then if he was withdrawing cash on the credit card he would be charged a fee for this & interest on withdrawals usually starts from the moment the withdrawal occurs not at the end of the month like it is for purchases, plus he probably didn't get a low rate credit card, he took the one he was offered rather than shopping around. Then there would be late payment fees, fees for having to send out letters, it would quickly mount up but I think Emmerdale should have let it run a little longer in the background before the bailiffs would have appeared.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    Those pay day loan companies are just legalised loan sharks, I can see how people strapped for cash or people like Sam with learning difficulties can get roped into debt, its sad. There should be a legalised maximum interest rate.

Saft Sam's problem was that he never made any attempt to pay anything back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Saft Sam's problem was that he never made any attempt to pay anything back.

I thought he borrowed £400 from Kerry so that he could make some payments
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are supposed to make the payments without borrowing even more to do so.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam should put Samson in charge of his finances
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Sam. Why Zack is blaming the Perma Frowner Jai for Lisa's collapse when it was brough on mostly by the worry of this idiot's debts and the Bailffs a calling. Why does he never take responsibility for his actions? Just pulls stupid faces and someone will sort it out. He is able to drive, hold down a job, have a child - he should be liable for his mistakes as well.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a pity he hasn't got a rich (blonde, skanky) relative who could pull 5 grand out of her arse without thinking twice about it to pull him out of the clarts. :D:D