[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she still in prison?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    this is quality...maybe the lass will learn her lesson

i'm not going against Paris but we should all be treated the same whether we are rich or poor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's really funny but why is it so newsworthy it's not as if she has ever done anything. It's annoying the BBC are calling her 'Heiress' what exactly is she the heiress to? I saw a documentary a while ago and her side of the family were not left the Hilton hotels so it's not just her lips that look false, unless someone knows otherwise?
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On hearing this...first thought? "There Is A God!"...but, um, that's been discussed on several other threads :p
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great news, thank goodness for the judge seeing sense. Hope she has a miserable time, couldn't happen to a nicer person.
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaha!
    There's a lot of words you'd use to describe Paris Hilton's treatment by the legal system but 'fair' wouldn't be one of them. They could've sent her to Disneyland for a week and it would've been more fair than what she got.

Made me chuckle:o

Personally i feel American law is to tough - 1 week imprisonment for crossing the road in the wrong place:rolleyes: You can be put in jail for bad mouthin jesus for gods sake:rolleyes: Oops - Blastheme!
  • Options
    sw16sw16 Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paris Hilton sent back to prison

Ms Hilton was released from jail for unspecified health reasons
    Celebrity heiress Paris Hilton has been taken screaming from a Los Angeles court after being told to return to jail to serve out her sentence.
    The celebrity heiress was ordered to attend the hearing rather than listen to the proceeding by telephone.

Hilton left jail on Thursday, just three days into a 45-day sentence for violating probation on a driving ban.

Her release from the prison, on unspecified medical grounds, had sparked widespread criticism.

Hilton attended court to hear the case for her "reassignment" to house arrest.

She arrived in handcuffs and cried throughout the court session.

The judge said that she would have to serve her full 45-day sentence.

"It's not right!" she shouted in response, before calling out to her mother in the audience.

She has been held at the Century Regional Detention Centre in Lynwood, California, in a special unit for celebrities, public officials, police officers and other high-profile inmates, and has so far served five days of her sentence.

No details of the medical problem have been given for "privacy reasons".

From the BBC new site http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6735631.stm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will look at it as an experience a bit like other 'celebrities' would go into the jungle. I expect we will hear all about her hell and how it's changed her life etc and the book if we have not all died of boredom by then.

I don't know if it's fair or not to put her in jail - but we should all enjoy having a laugh at her expense.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetcorn wrote: »
    I don't know if it's fair or not to put her in jail.

Anyone else would be put into jail for the same- likely for longer than 45 days.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    R300 wrote: »
    She's back in the Twin Towers prison

Overlooked by the dark lord Sauron?
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really pleased to hear about this. Not because I wish her any harm; I don't, and I'm not without pity for her. But it's absolutely fantastic that a message has gone out that it isn't one law for the rich and another for the poor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God bless American justice...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My advice to her would be,if you can't do the time,don't commit the crime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    You can be put in jail for bad mouthin jesus for gods sake:rolleyes: Oops - Blastheme!
    I'm an american, and there's plenty of things wrong with our country, but that is absolutely false and has been for a long time. see below
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Burstyn%2C_Inc_v._Wilson
    edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy#The_United_States_of_America mentions the last person jailed for blasphemy in the United States was in 1838
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don’t get, if she has all this money, why did she not get a taxi, or limousine, seems strange she choose to drive.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mgw1181 wrote: »
    I'm an american

Hi mgw

What part of the US are you located in?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Diddo wrote: »
    What I don’t get, if she has all this money, why did she not get a taxi, or limousine, seems strange she choose to drive.

Stupid is as stupid does.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame the parents myslef.

Honestly, it's not like it's the first time she's been in the public eye for the wrong reasons, she hardly comes from a disadvantaged troubled backgroud.

Dont her parents have any moral backbone? Maybe if she hadnt been raised like a pampered princess she'd now have some self respect.

Also, if she'd been tought about respecting the rules from an early age maybe she wouldnt be in "the mess" she's in now.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I can't get my head round is why she was released to house arrest, and then re-arrested.

Was it public pressure ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    What I can't get my head round is why she was released to house arrest, and then re-arrested.

Was it public pressure ?

I think that is the most cruel thing about it all.

It can't be nice to be yo-yoed about like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I'm glad she is back inside, she isn't the first to find prison tough and won't be the last. Hopefully it'll ensure she never becomes a reoffender.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    gunneruk wrote: »
    I think that is the most cruel thing about it all.

It can't be nice to be yo-yoed about like that.

My guess is that the guy who released her (without proper authority), was offered an `incentive', and the judge smelt a rat.
  • Options
    sy278sy278 Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judge had also declared during the original ruling that she was not to be allowed to do her time under house arrest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Good :D