Bridget jones diary?

mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Surely the song Think (freedom) is more associated with the movie blues brothers where aretha franklin actually performs it in that cafe.

Comments

• willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    Surely the song Think (freedom) is more associated with the movie blues brothers where aretha franklin actually performs it in that cafe.

Yep, thought everyone knew that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, weird that.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, thought everyone knew that.

As I said on another thread, I'd never heard of the Blues Brothers but had heard of the Bridget Jones films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    As I said on another thread, I'd never heard of the Blues Brothers but had heard of the Bridget Jones films.

That says more about your film knowledge than anything else.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to remember what part of Bridget Jones Diary it was even in.....I don't remember any obvious scene with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were saying that!!! It's a CLASSIC - one of my all time faves, and Aretha singing that song in the cafe is one of my fave scenes!!!

Bridget Jones??? PIFFLE!!!!
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

have you been on mars..you are missing out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Think is in the second Bridget Jones film... according to wikipedia
  • LyriccsLyriccs Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Didn't Bridget Jones make a lot more money? Maybe they think more people know that movie than Blues Brothers?
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it's a key song from the Blues Brothers
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squiggle82 wrote: »
    Think is in the second Bridget Jones film... according to wikipedia

The researchers need to be sacked...the second film wasnt even called bridget jones diary, it was called bridget jones the edge of reason
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting Amelia to sing "Out of Reach".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smerph wrote: »
    That says more about your film knowledge than anything else.

Yes it does - I can't help it if I'm stupid, and I'm entitled to like the films I like just as everyone else is.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Lyriccs wrote: »
    Didn't Bridget Jones make a lot more money? Maybe they think more people know that movie than Blues Brothers?

Maybe it is a age thing,but Blues Brothers was turned into a musical as well and is more well known in my house than Bridget Jones.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would associate it with Blues Bros. too.
    (To be fair,though,I probably missed it in the other film as I quit watching half an hour in because I couldn't stand the idiotic Bridget or the film in general)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I was expecting Amelia to sing "Out of Reach".

No, she's a bit too shouty for the subtleties of Gabrielle. I tout it was going to be "it's raining men" from the famous fight scene. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    No, she's a bit too shouty for the subtleties of Gabrielle. I tout it was going to be "it's raining men" from the famous fight scene. :)

I thought it was going to be Eric Carmen's, " All by myself" done Mariah Carey style. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dalreada wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be Eric Carmen's, " All by myself" done Mariah Carey style. :)

Oh yes, I forgot about that one! Hate to say it, but I think Misha is too shouty for that, too. :o.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched the Bridget Jones films loads (prefer the first one) and I wouldn't associate Think with it (I can't even remember when it's in the film).

I thought Blues Brothers and I've not even seen it.
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they said Aretha, I thought she would be singing R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which I feel is more associated with Bridget Jones than Think to be honest, just for that part in the first film where she tells Hugh Grant where to shove it. Think is so much more associated with the Blues Brothers, it's actually performed IN that film by the original artist and was way before Edge of Reason. Makes no difference if the audience will know BJ more than BB, it still appeared in that movie first and in a more prominent position. Flippin' X Factor!
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Yes it does - I can't help it if I'm stupid, and I'm entitled to like the films I like just as everyone else is.

LOL you're not stupid if you haven't seen a particular film, that said you should check out The Blues Brothers, it's very very funny!! :)
  • asdf1982asdf1982 Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if theres an issue of what films they can mention? i mean why say "kiss me" is from how to lose a guy in ten days when the song was made famous by the film shes all that