Not keen on Rio Ferdinand's ability to defend anymore

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Man United should not prolong Rio Ferdinand's stay at the club in my opinion. I'm no professional footballer but I did play as a versatile defender and came up against Chris Smalling on the Kent youth scene a few years ago before he joined Maidstone United as it happens! Helped my team to a clean sheet and a draw against his team. Anyway United should sign Ashley Williams.

Comments

• zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Why? At the moment, he is a first choice centre-back. It's worth noting that he was one of the few players who played both legs of the Madrid game, and he did well as he always does. And Ashley Williams is a good centre-back but he is not at the same level as Rio even now. That's not to mention the advantage of having someone like Rio around to help the youngsters develop. Hope he stays, I know we want him to.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,477
    Forum Member
    It's ok, he can still tweet..

'Morning....was a long night without any sleep... I must say last night our fans done us + our club proud. Best/loudest support I've heard at ANY ground throughout my career. Thank you."

I suppose someone had to Rio, obviously couldn't be left up to you.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm less keen on the way he applauds in the refs face after the game has finished.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,975
    Forum Member
    Malbren wrote: »
    I'm less keen on the way he applauds in the refs face after the game has finished.

and then he shock the ref's hand later it seemed.

Did somebody have a quick word?
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,477
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »

Probably realised how much of a t***er he looked.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    It's ok, he can still tweet..

'Morning....was a long night without any sleep... I must say last night our fans done us + our club proud. Best/loudest support I've heard at ANY ground throughout my career. Thank you."

I suppose someone had to Rio, obviously couldn't be left up to you.
    Partying :eek: :p
    Mark F wrote: »

I'd imagine so or he just quickly worked it out for himself. In any event he shouldn't have done it in the first instance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was he to block the ball from going across goal when Ronaldo scored last night or when Karim Benzema outwitted him and scored against England at Wembley in 2010? Just a couple of points to defend my case with.

As for sarcastically applauding the ref I think Rio was right too. The ref was a joke. As Brits we always seem to tolerate shoddiness.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,975
    Forum Member

As for sarcastically applauding the ref I think Rio was right too. The ref was a joke. As Brits we always seem to tolerate shoddiness.

Maybe he was totally frustrated but most people wouldn't get away with the complete lack of respect and amout of abuse footballers show.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    How lovely it is that the club I support can generate so much chatter on an Internet forum from non fans of that club.

Gives me a warm feeling to know that we are always in your thoughts
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Where was he to block the ball from going across goal when Ronaldo scored last night or when Karim Benzema outwitted him and scored against England at Wembley in 2010? Just a couple of points to defend my case with.

lol you are quoting a game from 3 years ago as to why a player shouldnt be playing today?

In the process ignoring how good he has been this season for the club. Very strange
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have to say Raphael was better placed to prevent Ronaldo getting in at the back post, but was ball watching once again
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the OP is watching. There is no good reason for Rio to not be in the England squad, let alone the United squad.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    I wonder if the OP is watching. There is no good reason for Rio to not be in the England squad, let alone the United squad.

Yes where are you OP. ;)
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes where are you OP. ;)

There does seem to be a silence on that front from the OP! ;):p
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never been a fan of Ferdinand:)