Recording series

13»

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you seem to be saying is that the EPG guide function is available at all times, just that the designers decided to not make it unavailable on the button marked "Guide" sometimes but via two separate buttons.

If it is available why not just make it available on the button marked "Guide"?

You would have to ask Humax that. Frankly losing the will to try and help you get the best out of the box. I have had the box since launch late 2008 so pretty well familiar with it. Clearly you aren't interested, just want to constantly snipe. I won't bother anymore.
  • IQ1IQ1 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Again I think you are describing a poor ergonomic design.

I think it's a little late to be moaning about the old Foxsat HDR, if you really want to get your teeth into a poorly designed PVR get a 1000s.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    IQ1 wrote: »
    I think it's a little late to be moaning about the old Foxsat HDR, if you really want to get your teeth into a poorly designed PVR get a 1000s.

Well that's a matter of opinion, apart from some odd UI decisions the HDR1000s works pretty much as intended for its main purpose of a PVR and use of catchup players.
  • 2Bdecided2Bdecided Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IQ1 wrote: »
    I think it's a little late to be moaning about the old Foxsat HDR
    Indeed - we had plenty of (justified!) moaning about the Guide button straight after the SW update that buggered it up. It used to work just fine.

But that was, what, two years ago? Anyone buying a 2008 model in 2014 should know what they are getting into. The box is brilliant in some respects, and truly awful in others. All of this is very well documented.

I do sympathise with someone wanting the best aspects of a first generation UK Tivo box alongside everything you'd expect from a PVR in 2014. You're just not going to find it. Make your own HTPC, or just accept what's available - there's more than enough information on here to help you make an informed choice.

Cheers,
    David.
  • IQ1IQ1 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Well that's a matter of opinion, apart from some odd UI decisions the HDR1000s works pretty much as intended for its main purpose of a PVR and use of catchup players.

Granted most of the time it works well enough, but it could of been so much better, I miss a lot of the features that my Humax programmed Foxsat has. I hardly ever use the catchup players so for me the 1000s is just a basic PVR that my wife still struggles to use.