Options

Eastenders : 23rd October 2014 - BBC1 - 7:30pm

Comments

• Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca, charlie, johnny, shabnam, kush and ronnie were the only good parts in the whole episode. Alfie is completely intermingle and needs to be killed off in tomorrow's episode. My blood is full of rage towards him tonight.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Surely Alfie would have flown to Ibiza by now? That's what everyone else does in the Square, normally departing by taxi at night
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I doubt it - she is devout and Muslims are not supposed to gamble at all. and the lottery is gambling.

That didn't stop Masood gambling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor episode, considering how strong it has been lately.

Although I think a return of Zainab is defo on the cards tbh!
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well Alfie didn't have the kids' birth certificates with him. He'd have been directed to The Jeremy Kyle Show when she saw Tommy's, never mind a B&B in Deptford!
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody else getting an ad at the top of the screen from Western Union telling you how to send money to Pakistan? Topical given Shab's little windfall.

Apart from the Masoods (PLEASE come back Zainab!), one of the worst episodes I can remember. Alfie needs to die. Horribly.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Awful putrid episode. I was shocked at how bad it was. The vomit inducing close ups of Ronnie and Charlie during the song was the final straw.

Alfie made me want to scream. His attitude of self entitlement was cringe worthy. This is ALL his fault and he has no one to blame but himself. Also, if they realy were about to be homeless would'nt Kat's dad Charlie Slater put them up !

Kat's Dad and probably a few of her sisters as well. Absolutely diabolical writing.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Poor episode, considering how strong it has been lately.

Although I think a return of Zainab is defo on the cards tbh!

Yes! When Masood mentioned Zainab I got the same vibe as I did for Ryan when Whit started texting him.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ask Ronnie if she still has Tommy's birth certificate.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do you start with crap like we have just watched. Could'nt care less about the singing girl who has said approx 10 words in all the time on the show. Dexter trying to shag the tomboy - pure rubbish ! Tamwar, a grown man, still walking around the square with a permanent confused look on his face - please ! ANY air time with the vile Mo makes me want to puke. The cringe fest of the Ronnie / Charlie scenes. And then we have Alfie.

Kill me now.
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Yes, but not for one night, they have an obligation to help those in their borough, this is so wrong.
    This is what annoys me about EE. No council would leave a family with 3 under-5s homeless, especially as the house that burnt down was a council property. They would have known the Moons were homeless already! TPTB take great pains to portray the rape sl realistically and sympathetically - quite rightly - just a shame they can't do it with all their sl's.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    I happen to like Alfie and Kat the writers are winding me up by what they are doing with his character

Me too! This would have been a really good storyline if they didn't go the sensationalist route and make Alfie the arsonist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Yes! When Masood mentioned Zainab I got the same vibe as I did for Ryan when Whit started texting him.

Yes, I thought before the episode it may have been Zainab who gave Shabnam the money for Tamwar's birthday. I don't know about that actual theory of Zainab giving the money as Tamwar mentioned her card and present.

That hasn't put me off thinking she is going to return and the Masoods need her to return.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    flyingv wrote: »
    This is what annoys me about EE. No council would leave a family with 3 under-5s homeless, especially as the house that burnt down was a council property. They would have known the Moons were homeless already! TPTB take great pains to portray the rape sl realistically and sympathetically - quite rightly - just a shame they can't do it with all their sl's.

Maybe we're not meant to be sympathetic to Arsie since he's the 'baddie' of the storyline for being the arsonist? :)
  • Options
    MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    This was the worst EE episode of the year imo. SO much crap.

The cheesy singing in the Vic, Alfie's consistent stupidity, the unhelpful attitude of the housing lady, the screwed up faces from extras at the babies crying (who does that!?) Sonia being OOC and angry for NO reason and then to top this stinker of an episode off... "We need to talk...", "No wait, me first!", probably setting up for a wedding where Alfie reveals he was the one who started the fire...

I noticed very early on that the episode was shonky, when Ronnie and Charlies dialogue was like pure exposition of what had happened in the cliffhanger of yesterdays episode, but it just kept getting worse with each scene!

A blip in an otherwise decent period of the show, I'm sure, but never again eh....^_^

Highlight of the episode? Zainab getting a mention. ;-)
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Maybe we're not meant to be sympathetic to Arsie since he's the 'baddie' of the storyline for being the arsonist? :)
    I know he's the baddie, I meant they are treating the rape sl with respect and portraying it as such, but they are not showing the housing system sl in the same way.
  • Options
    Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly don't see what is even remotely likeable about Shabnam.

Alfie deserves to get kicked out the way he treats them!
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a truly annoying episode.

Alfie at his most infuriating and buffoonish, Sonia being even more of a miserable bitch than usual (I did not think that was remotely possible) - her mouth was so puckered up it looked like a cat's arse.

The only saving graces were Charlie and Ronnie - but that will be ruined next week to make the excreta of Philth look good.

That episode was one of the poorest of the year.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bath of love and warmth
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    Alfie's consistent stupidity, the unhelpful attitude of the housing lady,

How was she unhelpful? She asked him some easy questions and he didn't want to give proper answers apart from boasting that he was The Alfie Moon.,
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad i never seen it tonight judging by some of the posts tonight
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was a bit random. :D Can't believe we have another bloody wedding. Shabs was the best thing about that. Not sure I like soppy Ron. Much prefer her as am ice maiden.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    The first real subpar episode in weeks and weeks. I can handle that.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with most people.

I loved the Ronnie/Charlie scenes - helping Rebecca was really sweet of them. Sonia is such a cow. I mean Carol let her play that annoying trumpet for years. I am still in therapy from her playing that thing.

Ronnie and Sonia know each other despite presuming only meeting at Bianca's wedding in 2010.

The worst part of the episode was Alfie - every scene was wrong. i personally have never rated Jeff Povey and this was another terrible script. Most of the facts with Alfie at the council were unrealistic, Was no research done at all? I mean even the dimmest person would know that Alfie has relatives he can stay with.

Then after Jeff writes a duff duff where Charlie proposes to Ronnie, in his next episode he has a duff duff of Kat wanting to marry Alfie, Whilst utterly ridiculous, anyone having deja vu back to late 2010 when Kat and Alfie redid their vows whilst Ronnie wed Jack?!
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »

Were Alfie, Kat and the kids even allow to live in that house, as Mo was the tennant? Someone in the Daily Mail comments said they weren't allowed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2760176/Eastenders-Alfie-Moon-attempts-tell-injured-wife-Kat-truth-devastating-blaze-visits-hospital.html