New Beta site and Soaps section

Kathryn_Brown_PKathryn_Brown_P Posts: 1,388
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else annoyed that you can no longer comment under articles or have discussions about them on the beta site? Also if you scroll remotely on the site you end up hitting big spoilers that you wanted to avoid.

Comments

• HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this beta thing, still the same for me, hope they aren't changing, when it happen last time people kicked off.
  • Kathryn_Brown_PKathryn_Brown_P Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are trying a new web design again. It is more appealing to look at but they need to keep some of the older features likes the discussions below articles because not having them is just annoying. You might not be able to see the Beta website if they are only trying it out on a limited number. I said I would try it out and am regretting it now.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are trying a new web design again. It is more appealing to look at but they need to keep some of the older features likes the discussions below articles because not having them is just annoying. You might not be able to see the Beta website if they are only trying it out on a limited number. I said I would try it out and am regretting it now.
    Don't you have a tab at the top of the page saying "Back to current site". That's how I got out of Beta when I quickly saw I don't like it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto. :)
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Don't you have a tab at the top of the page saying "Back to current site". That's how I got out of Beta when I quickly saw I don't like it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto. :)

I did the same as you OnJ ... :eek:

What got me was that it wasn't immediately clear how to find sections about specific soaps.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,740
    Forum Member
    What got me was that it wasn't immediately clear how to find sections about specific soaps.
    Yeah, it all looked a mess. Small improvements is fine, but a whole design change is unnecessary, IMO, especially when the beta version looks that bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Yeah, it all looked a mess. Small improvements is fine, but a whole design change is unnecessary, IMO, especially when the beta version looks that bad.

You are so right I need to escape this beta site so bad! I am gonna look for the tab now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't let me leave the beta site. I must have accepted to use it or something. I will find a way round this. Anything rather than studying!
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't let me leave the beta site. I must have accepted to use it or something. I will find a way round this. Anything rather than studying!

Other people on other threads on this subject have said you can change back if you clear you cookies and history - I was too wary to be caught when I was invited to try the beta version, and it looks like I was right! But others have said that is one way to change it back again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just decided to access the site through chrome instead of safari. Bye bye beta