I'm a big fan of Cheryl, but she just wouldn't work on US X Factor

ItsBritneyBitchItsBritneyBitch Posts: 1,106
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Geordie Accent is endearing to us Brits, it's always constantly voted as one of the nations favourites, but it would be like the equlivant of a non famous Texan or Southern Belle coming on to our X Factor - Sure she maybe sweet and pretty, but it just wouldn't work.

Comments

• Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    The Geordie Accent is endearing to us Brits, it's always constantly voted as one of the nations favourites, but it would be like the equlivant of a non famous Texan or Southern Belle coming on to our X Factor - Sure she maybe sweet and pretty, but it just wouldn't work.

Ah yes, but we can understand Texans.
  • ItsBritneyBitchItsBritneyBitch Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, but we can understand Texans.

A dinnah ken wit ye mean pet
    Forum Member
    A dinnah ken wit ye mean pet

Nil iomhas agam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl to US X Factor contestant "Blah, Blah, Blah. D you nah wat a meen?"

US X Factor contestant "Sorree I don't speak Chiineeese"
    Forum Member
    it's_me wrote: »
    Cheryl to US X Factor contestant "Blah, Blah, Blah. D you nah wat a meen?"

US X Factor contestant "Sorree I don't speak Chiineeese"

Only Britney is that bad at Geography, and she doesn't need the X Factor!:D
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    And the fact that she has a conviction for assaulting a black person. Yeh, that won't be brushed under the carpet over there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    And the fact that she has a conviction for assaulting a black person. Yeh, that won't be brushed under the carpet over there.

I thought you could be banned from entering America if you had a criminal conviction, and I'm not referring to her singing :D
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Britney is that bad at Geography, and she doesn't need the X Factor!:D

Not as bad as Justin Bieber who on hearing the word "German" asked for it to be repeated then said he didn't know what it was because they don't have those things where he's from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »

I think this is proving the biggest stumbling block. Even if she were to be allowed entry (unlikely), can you imagine the public reaction if it became common knowledge?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you could be banned from entering America if you had a criminal conviction, and I'm not referring to her singing :D

What do you mean, 'Fight For This Love' is a modern masterpeice.

A year on and I still love it, it never fails to get the dance floor packed in the clubs either.

'We gotta, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight for this love'

We all know the dance moves, especially 'is it better, is it worse, are we sitting in reverse' LOL me and my mates always do that part from the video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is proving the biggest stumbling block. Even if she were to be allowed entry (unlikely), can you imagine the public reaction if it became common knowledge?

But she already has entered America several times over, including just 7 days ago when she signed a $6 million recording contract.:p:p
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm terrified about America stealing Cheryl from us. I don't want her forgetting us and not getting to hear her beautiful voice as much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True story. In the 1950s two Geordies were arrested in New York, when people mistook their accents and thought they were Russian. It was during the McCarthy era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm terrified about America stealing Cheryl from us. I don't want her forgetting us and not getting to hear her beautiful voice as much.

LOL, Digitalspy might have some vile morons, but it also has lots of witty people too.;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True story. In the 1950s two Geordies were arrested in New York, when people mistook their accents and thought they were Russian. It was during the McCarthy era.

Doesn't beat a monkey being hanged by the people of Hartlepool on suspicion of being French.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she already has entered America several times over, including just 7 days ago when she signed a $6 million recording contract.:p:p

OK. I didn't phrase that well. I meant with a view to working there. She'd struggle to get a permit.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Has that actually been confirmed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't beat a monkey being hanged by the people of Hartlepool on suspicion of being French.

But they voted the man who used to be the Hartlepool United mascot, Hangus the Monkey as Mayor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. I didn't phrase that well. I meant with a view to working there. She'd struggle to get a permit.

It hasn't stopped Vinnie Jones.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't the Americans have a strong sort of work/talent ethic though? I can't see how she'd have a single shred of credibility as a judge out there. They certainly wouldn't stand for her opting out of a decision or mumbling some sort of "non-feedback" like I dinae ken wot tae say aftah that..... But, most of all, I can't see how anyone would accept an opinion from someone who can't sing.
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't want her. You can keep her. We have enough talentless airheads over here. And yeah, her assaulting a toilet attendent and saying racial stuff will not fly over here at all. She'll be burned alive in the press.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aside from the accent, I think one of the big issues which isn't mentioned is the impact on XF UK. If Cheryl leaves XF UK and both she and Simon are on XF US, there's a significant risk of the UK media transfering too much of its attention to the new show. And while it won't be hard to replace Cheryl as an actual judge, they're unlikely to quite replicate the kind of attention she has drawn anyway.

Now if the potential replacement for Cheryl on XF UK is Nicole Scherzinger, then surely it just makes more sense to put her on XF US in the first place as the second female judge (with a "name" as the first female)? Cheryl would probably have to take a paycut to do XF US anyway (because she has no real bargaining power over there).
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She won't be on US X Factor.
    I also predict it doesn't get anywhere near the ratings it gets here, though may still hold up OK against other shows.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    She would be terrible. All that 'when da boat cooms in" stuff. The yanks would be baffled.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caz789 wrote: »
    She won't be on US X Factor.
    I also predict it doesn't get anywhere near the ratings it gets here, though may still hold up OK against other shows.

Proportionately, it definitely won't. Can it get around 12-14m viewers a week? I think the lower end of that range is certainly achievable. The America's Got Talent finale in September had 16.4m.