John Terry's brother....?!? :-(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Paul Terry was back in May having an affair with a footballing colleague's (Dale Roberts) fiancee.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/05/20/john-terry-s-brother-paul-is-having-an-affair-with-a-team-mate-s-girlfriend-115875-22270690/

Yesterday Dale Roberts committed suicide :(

Looks like neither Terry brother has any morals :(

Not sure why I posted this, I just think its so sad.

Comments

• ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Paul Terry was back in May having an affair with a footballing colleague's (Dale Roberts) fiancee.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/05/20/john-terry-s-brother-paul-is-having-an-affair-with-a-team-mate-s-girlfriend-115875-22270690/

I feel so sorry for his parents, they must be devastated. :(

I wonder if this will in any way make the footballers think before they act. However, saying that they still haven't learnt about what not to text. :confused: :rolleyes:
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been reading about this.
    Poor lad - I feel so desperately sad for his family.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both brothers are butt ugly as well - I doubt the cheating girl would've gone anywhere near him if he hadn't been related to someone more famous.:rolleyes:

Feel sad for Dale's friends and family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sad! I feel for Dale's family.

The Terry brothers are sc*m. Heck the whole family are dodgy, right down from mama and papa Terry to their sons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    How sad! I feel for Dale's family.

The Terry brothers are sc*m. Heck the whole family are dodgy, right down from mama and papa Terry to their sons.

Totally agree. Shower of bsatards
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish people wouldn't use someones tragedy to lambast the Terrys'. The whole thing is desperately sad. I really doubt Terry and the fiance would have anticipated something like that happening. Dale obviously had other issues.. life is full of ups and downs, and you will get heartbroken along the way.. I wonder where Dale's support network was.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read something about this earlier, but didn't realise it was the Rushden and Diamonds keeper. Was it definitely suicide? If it was, and it was linked to this, how very sad.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish people wouldn't use someones tragedy to lambast the Terrys'. The whole thing is desperately sad. I really doubt Terry and the fiance would have anticipated something like that happening. Dale obviously had other issues.. life is full of ups and downs, and you will get heartbroken along the way.. I wonder where Dale's support network was.

Actually in this instance I feel that this mans name should'nt disappear.

Apparently this was his team mate who was having an affair with his fiance who he had been childhood sweethearts with (school).

She is not blameless but then neither is he.

The fact is a young man of 24 has hung himself and it is terribly sad and IF it his personnal/love life that is to blame then why should Paul Terrys name be swept under the carpet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I read something about this earlier, but didn't realise it was the Rushden and Diamonds keeper. Was it definitely suicide? If it was, and it was linked to this, how very sad.

Yep he hanged himself, he couldn't get over the fact his fiancee had cheated on him and they split up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338852/Rushden-Diamonds-goalkeeper-Dale-Roberts-hung-fiances-affair.html

Lovely looking boy too - far better looking than Paul.

I agree she's certainly not blameless. Its such as sad story really. :(

Also agree with PP where was his support network. Maybe they thought he was getting better bearing in mind it was 7-8 months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Nothing has been mentioned around the circumstances of his death.

SSN reported it as suicide but that seems to have been mere sensationalism from them (what else do you expect from Murdoch).

The fact is a young man has died when his life was full of promise. Very Sad.

RIP Dale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But from the sound of it, just taking the article's at face value, it was the affair and break up of the relationship which started Dale Robert's upset, so it is kind of relevant to the story.

It is a tragic tale and of course we don't know all the reasons why he took his life and probably will never know, but it does sound like that was what could have started his downward spiral.

Yes, I don't imagine that for one second either Paul Terry or his (Dale Robert's) fiancee thought for a minute that this would happen, but sadly some people are deeply affected by relationship break ups and depression is a terrible illness. Issues that some people may be able to deal with easier than another, can have a devastating effect on a person.

You might want to just clarify what you mean by 'where was his support network'.

Sadly, a friend of mine with a very strong support network comitted suicide a few years ago. Its very hard to be with someone 24 hours a day and you have to consider whether or not he had seemed suicidal. Also the time of year can have a very big effect on people who are down or lonely.

I agree that the Terry's should not be crucified in the press, but you know what the media is like in this country. Also, if it is even in part down to the affair and split that this poor guy has taken his own life, well then I think its fair enough that the papers have mentioned the affair.

But, being honest, it doesn't sound like either Terry's know the meaning of respecting their team mates when it comes to sleeping with the team mates wifes and partners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a HORRIBLE business. And I am not trivialising but I really think those awful photos reflect an awful character ... ugly as within so without
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That family is the clampit family!!!! No morals what so ever!
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,702
    Forum Member

To lambast the Terrys' what? :confused:

I also doubt that either the married Terry brother or the fiancé anticipated a death as the result of their affair, but then ask the question, what did they anticipate? did they even think of any consequences? Probably not.

I don't know how you can conclude that Dale 'obviously had other issues' - how could any of us possibly know?

What I do know is that I'm bloody glad I'm not acquainted with any of the Terry family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    To lambast the Terrys' what? :confused:

I also doubt that either the married Terry brother or the fiancé anticipated a death as the result of their affair, but then ask the question, what did they anticipate? did they even think of any consequences? Probably not.

I don't know how you can conclude that Dale 'obviously had other issues' - how could any of us possibly know?

What I do know is that I'm bloody glad I'm not acquainted with any of the Terry family.

They really don't seem to care about any of the consequences, people's feelings alone should not be shattered in this manner, whether they thought it would go this far or not.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »

This is so sad and I feel so sorry for his family and friends. But I expect his ex-fiance and Paul Terry are feeling pretty awful at the moment too, knowing that it was their actions that drove him to the point where he felt he had nothing worth living for, so it would be a pity if they were to become the target of people's rage. They will have to live with the guilt. I think that's probably punishment enough. There's nothing to be gained by blaming other people here.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only Terry I'd be tempted to go near would be a chocolate orange.

Ghastly family.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    The Terry family are scum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    This is so sad and I feel so sorry for his family and friends. But I expect his ex-fiance and Paul Terry are feeling pretty awful at the moment too, knowing that it was their actions that drove him to the point where he felt he had nothing worth living for, so it would be a pity if they were to become the target of people's rage. They will have to live with the guilt. I think that's probably punishment enough. There's nothing to be gained by blaming other people here.

But you can't also assume that they ARE feeling anything either, they could simply cast it a side and not take any responsibility what so ever???:confused:
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrys are scum. End of.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    But you can't also assume that they ARE feeling anything either, they could simply cast it a side and not take any responsibility what so ever???:confused:

At least I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and not making asumptions about total strangers. Unlike you.
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    My god, what an ugly pair they are :mad:
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows what went through this lads head only he knew and am sure his family did all they couldto support. But if someone holds back on how they feel there is not a lot anyone can do

Am sure paul terry and the ex fiance didnt think for one minute he would not take his life but maybe that shows the ex really didnt know him at all

In any event this is a very sad outcome to a very selfish deed by two very stupid people i wonder how they feel about what was or is no more than a fling and for someone to loose their life over it they should be ashamed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Really sad to hear someone took their life so young :(

The Terry family are absolute scum.
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think conscience or guilt is in their vocab. Opportunistic sh*ggers-is there a less evolved form of human life?