Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Rogue277Rogue277 Posts: 341
Forum Member
Happy New Year!

What are your weight loss goals or diet tips?

I'm thinking of trying the G.I diet.

Comments

• RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll sign up!

I have a 7 week old baby and the time is now right for me to start getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I need to lose about 2st 7lbs to get back to 8st / size 8-10.

Low GI worked for me in 2006 and I succesfully lost 3st.

I will be using My Fitness Pal, I will use it to plan what I am going to eat and not just log after the event.

Will weigh-in for the first time on Friday and that will be day 1 for me.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Current weight as of today...1 Jan is .....205 lbs/14st 9lbs

Once I get my gym membership set up, going to get to doing some worthy exercise

Looking at going to gym, 4-5 times per week, with cardio of at least 90 min, and swim upto 10 lengths of the pool

Diet wise, and supplements, going to watch what I eat, and take vitimis to boost improvements in my health

So Bran flakes for breakfast, bi drink, small portion of chiken for dinner, some bananas

so between now 1 Jan and 30 June, just before I go away on holiday, my aim is to lose at least 30lbs or around 2 stones in weight, around 5lbs per month, but aiming to mlose at least 10 lbs per month
  • Red WhineRed Whine Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already lost 70lb, but I would like to lose another 35, I'm hoping to have lost it by the end of this year.
    I am not in a hurry, and not in the first flush of youth, I just want to be healthier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Can I join in??? I'm looking to lose 50 odd pounds... I put on a load of weight after an accident and really need to get rid of it!!! Joined the gym just before Christmas & had lost 6lbs but I'm guessing from all my eating I'll have piled all that (and more) back on again!!! I'm not in a huge rush 1lb a week would do me fine!!!

Back at the gym Thursday or Friday which is when I'll start!!!
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Whine wrote: »
    and not in the first flush of youth, I just want to be healthier.

Thats kind of what got to me, have had some scares in my life in the last 4 years, 3 years ago, nearly had aa heart attack, chganged my diet, start to exercise

Thios year early Oct, it wasnt a heart attack, but I nearly died, my heart rythm was failing and my heart rate dropped to 25 bpm, I was scared and in tears

I know I can change things round, so newxt week back to gym
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been bulking up for the last year and weigh around 17 stone at the mo. I aim to be 14.5 stone by June and have single digit bodyfat %. I will be eating 5-6 meals a day high in protein, low in carbs and plenty of healthy fats. I will be doing at least 5 hours of extra cardio a week and upping the reps/sets and intensity in the gym. Every ten days I will have a cheat day, whereby I will eat whatever I fancy.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to lose at least half a stone - preferably a stone to take me back to where I was when I left university 4 years ago.

I'm going to do it by exercising at least twice a week, preferably three times and eating less crap.

I think I'm about 11st 7 at the moment, or was last week. So I want to be 11st or lower by the end of 2013.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost 3 stone few years back - have put it back on. I don't even know what weight i am! Going to get scales this week and start diet, recording my weight loss (or gain lol) every week.

I'm hoping when I first weigh myself that I'm not over 14 stone, but I have no real idea of what I will actually be.

IO'll do what I did last time - keep informed of calories and sat fat, only eat when Im huingry and try and walk 10,000 steps a day, I jhave a pedometer.
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excercise regularly, ie long walks at a steady pace, cut out chocolate, cake, and crisps, eat vegetables, cerial, salads, and have some pickled onions before bed.

Your partner may not like it :) but the vinegar helps prevent fat forming, and you will soon lose weight.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for someone to start a 2013 thread, I didn't want to do it. :D

I spent most of last year treading water with regards to weight loss, but have managed to more or less maintain over the year which is better than gaining!

My sister is getting married, not booked yet but they are aiming for 2014 and she wants me to be a bridesmaid. I don't want to be this size when I do do it though. Hoping to lose 7-8 stone this year which is 2lb a week.

I have a Ki Fit (UK version of the Bodybugg) which I will be renewing my subscription to which I always find very motivational. I also have a cross trainer that will being dusted off and a swimming pool just down the road that I will be making use of. I am aiming for a daily/weekly target of 10,000/70,000 steps and 30/3.5hours activity per day. I say that as I may do more one day than another, but as long as I meet the weekly target and stick to my calories, I should get the deficit for 2lb a week.

Not comfortable with putting my current weight on here yet, but will keep you all updated.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    Excercise regularly, ie long walks at a steady pace, cut out chocolate, cake, and crisps, eat vegetables, cerial, salads, and have some pickled onions before bed.

Your partner may not like it :) but the vinegar helps prevent fat forming, and you will soon lose weight.

IS that true?

How many pickled onions are we talking? I don't like them but if it is true I will sacrifice myself. :D
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 or 4 before bed.
    It worked for me.

If not pickled red cabbage.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I'm in. Current weight as of 1 min ago: 15st 8lbs / 99.6kg.

Goal is to lose 1 stone by 1st March for USA holiday and then another by 1st June for glasto.

No strict diet, but generally eating less and more healthily with increased exercise.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    I'm in!

I'm not starting until Monday as still wading through the holiday indulgences and am off work so I'm here to eat them!
    I'd like to lose a stone over the next year and to tone up. No particular scheme in mind except cutting down on the fatty rubbish I tend to eat at times of weakness (which happen quite often!)

Good luck to everyone!

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm starting this year as I seem to start every year recently - with good intentions.

Hopefully though this year will be the year that they pay off.

I currently weigh 16 stone 9lbs... and I am terribly ashamed of it. It's got to the point where even I can see the double chin that i've got, so i'm pretty sure everyone else can see it as well. I also feel like it is beginning to affect my health... I am constantly lethargic and my skin is in terrible condition because of all the junk food.

I'd like to get to about 10 and a half stone, but it is an aim i'm going to re-evaluate as I go along.. I don't want to try to get to a weight that (for me) is hell to maintain.

As of yet, I don't have a specific plan... just healthy foods and low calories etc. I already walk for up to 8 hours a day for five days a week due to my job, so I am not intending to introduce any other exercise really until I have a little more energy.
  • Stella100Stella100 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost 5 stone 3 years ago but over the last three years i have put back on 2 stone due to me being in a happy, comfortable relationship where i haven't bothered dieting or exercising.

I now feel uncomforable in my clothes and have gone up 2 dress sizes so it is time to do something. I weigh in tomorrow for the start of my new healthy eating plan - my aim is the 2 stone off by June at the latest.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll post my weight on Friday when I weigh-in.

I was almost 12st at 41 weeks pregnant (baby was overdue) and I was 10st 6lbs after I had him!

I was breastfeeding so continued my pregnancy eating (basically I was eating ALOT), so I am pretty sure I've gained since November. Also the past week or so I've had some Bailey's and some wine and champers - not massive amounts but more than I'd had the rest of the year.

Having a young baby means I am always 'on duty' and when I have been shattered it's been so easy to call for a takeaway. It also means I may be otherwise occupied and let myself get so hungry I end up eating crap instead of making something healthy!

Now we're finding our feet and getting into a bit of a routine I want to change my eating habits!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I am in have recently lost some weight due to the gym current weight is 13st 12 pounds carry weight around my tummy
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    IS that true?

How many pickled onions are we talking? I don't like them but if it is true I will sacrifice myself. :D

Me too!!

Off to get some picked red cabbage tomorrow :D lol
  • Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Hi. I shall join up as well. I am not sure how much I weigh as am on holiday still with my parents. Does anyone have any specific exercise programmes they will be following?

I plan on going to the gym 3 times per week, I tried Body Attack before Christmas and loved it, so I plan to do that twice a week. I also have Billy Blank's Taebo DVDs which I love and Jillian Michael's cardio shred which is amazing. I keep seeing adverts for her Body Revolution programme, but its out of my budget. Has anyone tried it?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Count me in too :)

I got down to 8 and a half stone for my best friend's wedding in August but then with nothing to work towards or aim for anymore I lost all my motivation and discipline, and undid all my hard work :( So now I'm just less than 10 stone, and want to try and get back down to 8 and a half. I have a new target - another friend's wedding in May - so hopefully I can do it and keep it off this time!

I'm going to monitor my diet using myfitnesspal.com, wrap up warm and go out walking like I used to and also up the amount of fitness classes from what I already do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Count me in, 2012 has been a good year for me, since April I've lost 3 stones so I'm hoping to carry that on. I started at 18 stone 9 lbs and now I'm 15 stone 9 lbs. I'm best man at my mates wedding in June so I'm hoping to have lost another 2 stone by then, then I think I'll be happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Hi. I shall join up as well. I am not sure how much I weigh as am on holiday still with my parents. Does anyone have any specific exercise programmes they will be following?

I plan on going to the gym 3 times per week, I tried Body Attack before Christmas and loved it, so I plan to do that twice a week. I also have Billy Blank's Taebo DVDs which I love and Jillian Michael's cardio shred which is amazing. I keep seeing adverts for her Body Revolution programme, but its out of my budget. Has anyone tried it?
    Have you tried Zumba
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ladyjo123A wrote: »
    Have you tried Zumba

Love Zumba! :D
  • Spring JewelzSpring Jewelz Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping to lose weight and get fit and healthy this year.

I don't know what I weigh as i threw out the scales last year and tbh I really don't want to know.
    Numbers don't actually matter to me, it's the ability to climb the stairs, walk into town etc that I'm interested in.

in 2011 I used to walk a lot and had cut out the junk so I was feeling a lot fitter and healthier. Unfortunately due to a string of personal knock backs I reached for the junk again and stopped walking so much and now I'm unfit and lethargic again.

So for me I'm going back to walking regularly and eating better.
    Good luck to everyone :)