Who is your most hated driver/vehicle on the roads?

The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
Forum Member
✭✭
As the title suggests. What vehicle or drivers really wind you up on the roads and what is it they do that you dislike so much?

Whats your most hated driver/vehicle? 245 votes

4x4 drivers
5%
SylviaMoonbeanstuntmasterTidoshoCally's mumspookyLX2shy2007vodkamargarineSaturnVbluesmurfAlan1981WizsisterMonsterMunch99[Deleted User] 14 votes
BMW drivers
8%
Deleted_User381237831Happyboimakavelli132tim1964jpcmePeter the GreatSoundboxSniffle774KathrynhaHogzillaandersonsonsonKapellmeisterviertefinbaar[Deleted User][Deleted User]morganb1611fleabeeMK184Miss Kiki 20 votes
Taxi drivers
6%
Phil OwensSucmedicFizzbintealadyStarDeltagrumpyscotba_baracusmaidinscotlandChalkuk[Deleted User]StarryNight1983PenicilinaTrollHunterBahtatTunnelVision9 15 votes
Cyclists
28%
Tony RichardsCaxtonnaquadamarloelectronGrannyGruntbuckBella TrixDave3622llihpseventhwave2+2=5BritEvo102dmprbdcayKingsd316ACDRDirtyhippyRAINBOWGIRL22CELT1987 71 votes
Motorbikes
0%
CRTHDshoestring25 2 votes
White Van Man
8%
Bill Clinton[Deleted User]PiazzaElectraLostFoolcharlie1[Deleted User]Lummodaveb909[Deleted User]Vast_GirthdarkislandCreamteachris1978WinterLilycodeblueThe_MothTheTruth1983Centauriontony-w 20 votes
Tractors/Farming machinery
6%
jackthomsunnymegMC_SatanSecretLifeoBeeshopeless caseInMyArmsWeigh-ManBobbity-booRaquelos.benjaminiWee TinkersChrisJamesSatschopsimgrazemytvaddictTangledNemojacquelineanne 16 votes
Boy Racers
14%
psionicSULLAkevraffPitmanCLL DodgeJustmadeit[Deleted User]2FS[Deleted User]chandlerpDan SetteGamerGirlMexieindianwellsd0lphinLeeahCBFreakJohn146jrmswfcYoshi Fan 35 votes
OAP's
5%
[Deleted User]SaddlerStevenessyfencerKaylanmaninthemaskNamira[Deleted User].Lauren.yourpointbeing?bumbarDr. Clawreality bites[Deleted User] 13 votes
Other (please state)
15%
skinjDoctorb[Deleted User]d'@veMAWWatcher #1marclamourinhosmissusalias aliasMigsterWelsh-lad80sfanHoffmisterSi_CreweF2kSel[Deleted User]frisky pythonblacksuit42[Deleted User]Enfant Terrible 39 votes

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other (please state)
    Audi drivers.

I've never seen a well-driven one yet. Arrogant, agressive people seem to drive them >:(
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Audi drivers.

I've never seen a well-driven one yet. Arrogant, agressive people seem to drive them >:(

i would say the styling is more aggressive more so than the drivers themselves, as are most German cars
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White Van Man
    In my experience the worst drivers are those in Royal Mail vans. They seem to think they have Crown Immunity from traffic laws.

Also, and I hate to say this, mobility scooters. Around here there are several pensioners who go drinking in Wetherspoons all afternoon then cause chaos on the footpaths and roads when they decide to ride home. They don't need a licence or insurance and there is next to nothing the police can do with those who cause accidents.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OAP's
    Bus drivers.
    Seem to think they can just pull out on you because they're in something a lot heavier and don't give a toss if other drivers have to brake to accomodate their idiotic manoeuvres.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Black cab drivers and bus drivers in central London. They will quite literally run you off the road and not give 2 f**ks.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noddy. That little open top thing is totally unsafe.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyclists
    As a pedestrian it has to be cyclists.

As a driver it has to be cyclists

Can I vote twice for cyclists?:D
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Cyclists - especially those on the road and in groups of two and over - being greater hazards.
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyclists
    Audi drivers.

Haha, I was just about to say this. Everytime I see a car aggressively driving, it is usually an Audi.

As Audi wasn't a poll option, I chose cyclists. Living in Cambridge, a lot of cyclists are dangerous and have no regard for road rules. Makes me angry.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cyclists
    LostFool wrote: »
    In my experience the worst drivers are those in Royal Mail vans. They seem to think they have Crown Immunity from traffic laws.

Well as a Universal Service Provider they do have an exemption from most parking restrictions written into almost all Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO's).
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short women in 4x4s who struggle to see over the steering wheel. Both when cycling and driving I've just about been taken out by such people.
    cessna wrote: »
    Cyclists - especially those on the road and in groups of two and over - being greater hazards.
    They're only a hazard if you make them a hazard.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please state)
    In my experience elderly Indian women drivers.
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    Short women in 4x4s who struggle to see over the steering wheel. Both when cycling and driving I've just about been taken out by such people.

They're only a hazard if you make them a hazard.

They also seem to be a danger to themselves. I give most cyclists a very wide berth - but there's not a lot drivers can do about cyclists that wobble and weave around, wander in and out of traffic lanes and down either side of slower moving traffic.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMW drivers
    BMW.
    But also boy racers who think it's really cool to have blacked out windows, lowered suspension and what sounds like a broken exhaust. Paired with the really loud shit music played.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bus drivers.

In a league of their own. As a driver I don't have a problem with them but as a bus passenger I can't stand them. They either drive at a snail's pace, stop at every lamppost and sit doing paperwork while you're just too far from your stop to make it worth walking, or they drive like maniacs, throwing everyone around and making it impossible to get downstairs without severe bruising. Are they actually taught to drive like that?
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please state)
    White chavs in pimped Novas.
    Black/asian youths in elderly 3 series
    Women in hijabs in Nissan Micras
    Taxi drivers in Ford Galaxys on the M11 doing the Stansted run
    All types in Nissan Priuses who will not depress the accelerator
    TOWIE women in Audi 4x4s full of screaming kids

If only everyone was a perfect BMW driver like me :D
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boy Racers
    Audi drivers.

You haven't come across me yet then. I am the polar opposite of arrogant and aggressive. I've been driving Audi's for 20 years and never been in an accident or had an altercation with another driver.:)
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White Van Man
    Without a doubt, van drivers with their sitting on your arse, overtaking at stupid places and pulling in barely missing your nose.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White Van Man
    Inkblot wrote: »
    In a league of their own. As a driver I don't have a problem with them but as a bus passenger I can't stand them. They either drive at a snail's pace, stop at every lamppost and sit doing paperwork while you're just too far from your stop to make it worth walking, or they drive like maniacs, throwing everyone around and making it impossible to get downstairs without severe bruising. Are they actually taught to drive like that?

Bus drivers are also the rudest and most miserable people you will ever come across. Do you ever meet a friendly and cheerful one? However, maybe I'd be as grumpy as them if I had to drive a bus all day on busy roads and have to cope with the Great British Public.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please state)
    Learner drivers.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Black cab drivers and bus drivers in central London. They will quite literally run you off the road and not give 2 f**ks.

I drove a black cab in London for almost thirty years.
    I'm quite sure that I never ran anyone off the road, but in common with most black cab drivers I was no shrinking violet, still aren't.
    When it was obviously MY turn, I went, and if anyone had the temerity to try to prevent me from taking my turn, it was their paintwork they risked.
    Bus drivers are a whole different ball game.
    A thankless task, undertaken by people seemingly of an average lower IQ than most.
    A great deal of London bus drivers seem to have no idea of how to cancel their indicators, and consequently drive for miles with one or the other blinking away.
    I was at a set of lights on Kingsway once, when I heard a bus driver shout at a van driver, "Didn't you see my indicators?"
    He called back, "How was I to know that you were the one London bus driver who used them correctly?"
  • KathrynhaKathrynha Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMW drivers
    Anyone in a big vehicle or flashy vehicle. That includes buses, van drivers, 4*4s, BMWs, people carriers, etc.

Just because I drive a small car doesn't mean you have a right to pull out in front of me, cut me up, tailgate me, park halfway in to my parking space, etc
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cessna wrote: »
    They also seem to be a danger to themselves. I give most cyclists a very wide berth...
    "Most"?
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Cyclists
    cyclists every time for me.
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    "Most"?

Sorry - All !