Options

Schedule released for Bauer City 2 stations

Comments

• Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    I only found out this morning that Manchester Magic 1152 will change on 5th. January and tbh I'm seething. Where are Ofcom when you want them?!>:(
    http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/broadcast/radio-ops/formats/Greatest_Hits_Network_Change_request_form.pdf
    Station Name: Magic AM Stations, England: Licensed area and licence number: AL078 – Manchester ( Key 2) AL082 – Tyne and Wear (Metro Radio 2) AL100 – Humberside (Viking 2) AL104 – Teeside ( TFM 2) AL096 – Merseyside (Radio City 2) AL003 – Leeds (Radio Aire 2) AL062 – Preston & Blackpool (Rock FM 2) AL092 – South Yorkshire (Hallam 2)
    Existing Character of Service: A CLASSIC SOFT POP MUSIC-LED SERVICE AIMED PRIMARILY AT THE OVER-30s IN THE xxx AREA. No change
    As far as Ofcom are concerned no change

A while back Ofcom changed the rules about regional stations going national and Bauer has will now make the London regional Magic national and therfore decided to change the "Magic AM" station names.
    http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/radio/formats-content/changes/
  • Options
    radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    I only found out this morning that Manchester Magic 1152 will change on 5th. January and tbh I'm seething. Where are Ofcom when you want them?!>:(

why are you seething ? the only thing that came from manchester was the ian roberts breakfast show which was shared with liverpool and preston .it will now be a northern breakfast show presented by nick jackson
  • Options
    david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are you seething ? the only thing that came from manchester was the ian roberts breakfast show which was shared with liverpool and preston .it will now be a northern breakfast show presented by nick jackson

I think people will be seething if the music changes. The weekend sixties and seventies shows are going. I wouldn't be surprised if the Golden Years and the Rewind Top Twenty went as well.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,774
    Forum Member
    I happen to like Ian Roberts' show. Save Ian's Small Organ!:D
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already there's a Tay 2 ident after the news on Tay AM at the top of the hour
  • Options
    R300R300 Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought they would have wanted to network Mike Read at the weekends into Scotland too,

The only show I'm not really interested in on the new schedule is John Leslie, at least Ray Rose, Nick Wright, Keith Martin, Tom Davies and Tony Blackburn are still there in the schedules. Although we all know that this schedule will be lucky if it lasts a year.

New stations, or at least re-launched stations and new names have a habit of changing quite quickly once the listeners get fed up and leave - or the new presenters get fed up and leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Jim Symon be back on at some point in the New Year?

Because he mentioned a short while ago on the late show that he will be on an extended break very shortly.
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Will Jim Symon be back on at some point in the New Year?

Because he mentioned a short while ago on the late show that he will be on an extended break very shortly.

Hanging up his headphones for an extended break into the new year. He's not in the new schedule, so I'd guess he'll freelance as cover at best. A shame, he's got the perfect voice for late night radio. I'd like to think he'll turn up somewhere, but options are few and far between.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hanging up his headphones for an extended break into the new year. He's not in the new schedule, so I'd guess he'll freelance as cover at best. A shame, he's got the perfect voice for late night radio. I'd like to think he'll turn up somewhere, but options are few and far between.

So in summary he'll be doing the Bob Malcolm role from January.

It's probably the end for Bob Malcolm as well by the looks of things.

It's extremely disappointing seeing all these great DJ's getting the chop.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    So in summary he'll be doing the Bob Malcolm role from January.

It's probably the end for Bob Malcolm as well by the looks of things.

It's extremely disappointing seeing all these great DJ's getting the chop.

Bob Malcolm seems to be one of the first ports of call on Radio Borders as cover. So at very least he should still pop up there from time to time.
  • Options
    sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wns_195 wrote: »
    Game On in northern England is an interesting enhancement to the schedule. Hopefully it will lead to more of the stations providing football commentary again as they once did.

My guess is that the england version will be 'Game on Goals & music' as that can just be networked across the north although I prefere live commentary but I guess they have to split up with Metro 2, TFM 2, Aire & so on.
    Even if they did that then they have to do midweek coverage but it would be nice to have the three legends networked across the north.

I know he is not everyones cup of tea but Alan Robson's nightowls would be good for the late night slot but I guess moving from FM to AM is not great.

Not sure about this Sunday Talk in but I guess it adds something different.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkie70 wrote: »
    My guess is that the england version will be 'Game on Goals & music' as that can just be networked across the north although I prefere live commentary but I guess they have to split up with Metro 2, TFM 2, Aire & so on.
    Even if they did that then they have to do midweek coverage but it would be nice to have the three legends networked across the north.

I know he is not everyones cup of tea but Alan Robson's nightowls would be good for the late night slot but I guess moving from FM to AM is not great.

Not sure about this Sunday Talk in but I guess it adds something different.

English stations will probably have pooled reporters at certain games, like they do in Scotland on FM. However commentaries may well happen. FM have Superscoreboard up here which has the 'flash report's but AM has a show broadcast in Glasgow but 'opt out' locally from 3-5pm with individual commentaries around the stations.
  • Options
    david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    English stations will probably have pooled reporters at certain games, like they do in Scotland on FM. However commentaries may well happen. FM have Superscoreboard up here which has the 'flash report's but AM has a show broadcast in Glasgow but 'opt out' locally from 3-5pm with individual commentaries around the stations.

I think the BBC locals have the commentaries sewn up. Certainly BBC Newcastle is the only station that carries Newcastle and Sunderland matches. Metro used to but they dropped them about five years back.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob Malcolm seems to be one of the first ports of call on Radio Borders as cover. So at very least he should still pop up there from time to time.

Hugh Brown also deputises from time to time on Radio Borders, covering Saturday Sports Live when Keith Clarkson is away.
  • Options
    listeninglistening Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    david1956 wrote: »
    I think the BBC locals have the commentaries sewn up. Certainly BBC Newcastle is the only station that carries Newcastle and Sunderland matches. Metro used to but they dropped them about five years back.

Not in Liverpool were Radio City broadcasts all Liverpool and Everton UK games, although I think BBC Radio Merseyside may also have local rights. Radio City Sport used to have the European Matches as well but this season they lost it to Talksport I believe. The other complication in Liverpool is that live football commentaries are already shared between City 96.7 and City Talk 105.9 with home matches of either team on City Talk and away matches on 96.7 if both are playing at the same time, or simulcast on both stations if only one team is playing. . Another point to consider is that none of the football commentaries are broadcast online because of rights issues so during these periods 96.7 on line streams "In Demand" for evening midweek matches and Talk streams the normal juke box. At weekends both stations broadcast either the network stream, ie Top 40 or a juke box format. At the moment there is no sports coverage on Magic 1548 so how they would split coverage with 96.7 and Talk would be interesting and might even require a change of format somewhere. Incidentally, City Sport is also providing sports bulletins to Absolute Radio at least during weekdays.
  • Options
    carlmacarcarlmacar Posts: 220
    Forum Member

i can't find a list anywhere on the internet of the scottish radio stations commentaries for this weekend. do they put anything on their indervidual websites just i cant find anything? why does radio borders not have berwick commentary?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just wish football would come back on to all the stations. commentary i mean in england.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carlmacar wrote: »
    why does radio borders not have berwick commentary?

Because Radio Borders don't have the contract to commentate on Berwick Rangers matches, that's why. They do however have a reporter who covers their games and provides updates throughout Super Scoreboard Live. Berwick Rangers are the only SPFL team in the station's TSA, all the other local teams are in regional leagues. The main sport in the Radio Borders TSA is rugby and so the station will cover a featured game every week, along with the local sevens circuit every spring. I don't think Melrose RFC, for example, would be too chuffed if they were to have coverage of a home game at the Greenyards dropped to cover a 0-0 draw at Berwick Rangers.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    i can't find a list anywhere on the internet of the scottish radio stations commentaries for this weekend. do they put anything on their indervidual websites just i cant find anything? why does radio borders not have berwick commentary?
    I think they update the sites on the day with links to the individual stations streams for each game. All I know is this week Clyde 2 are covering the Rangers game as they keep advertising it.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they update the sites on the day with links to the individual stations streams for each game. All I know is this week Clyde 2 are covering the Rangers game as they keep advertising it.

Have they not got the rights to the big teams then?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wonder what MFR, NorthSound, Forth 2, wil do after 2 pm tommorrow as hearts hibs is an early kick off and theirs no spl games til sunday, so theirs just SFL games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    According to Forth 2's website they'll be live commentary of hearts vs hibs on Forth 2.
    http://www.forth2.com/game-on/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wonder what MFR, NorthSound, Forth 2, wil do after 2 pm tommorrow as hearts hibs is an early kick off and theirs no spl games til sunday, so theirs just SFL games.

Forth 2 don't just do commentary of matches involving Hearts and Hibs.

They do Livingston v Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton v Raith Rovers e.g.

Not everywhere exactly is there nothing to commentate on at 3pm after an early kickoff involved 2 big clubs in the station's area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Forth 2 are opting out of the last 2 hours of John Leslie's show to cover the hearts hibs game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1956 wrote: »
    I think people will be seething if the music changes. The weekend sixties and seventies shows are going. I wouldn't be surprised if the Golden Years and the Rewind Top Twenty went as well.

Inevitably they will all be gone now. Just heard the last ever 60's and 70's show with Richard Allan on GHN. Shocking.

The Soul Show on a Saturday night will just not be quite the same as the 60's and 70's show.

And Tony Blackburn replacing Tom Ferrie on a Sunday afternoon doesn't cut the mustard either.