Options

Labour MPs Plot To Oust Corbyn If He Wins

2»

Comments

• Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if the wider membership votes for Corbyn , without the support of the PLP his leadership would be brief just like IDS's time as Tory leader.

Already Kendall and Cooper have said they wouldn't serve in his Shadow Cabinet and I doubt they are the only ones.

I doubt he would ask them. So, labour uses Corbyn in the leadership contest to 'broaden the debate'. However, when he does well in that debate and gains a following, rather than learn anything from this, they regret nominating him and humiliate him?? Such a shambles:(

I'm amazed how dignified he is remaining when he seems to get more attacks from his own side, than from his supposed enemies!
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blair says if you go with your heart, you need a transplant, so this means he sold out just t get in government, always thought him a cuckoo in the nest anyway
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aristaeus wrote: »
    The economic policies Corbyn published yesterday aren't even that radical or left wing. They are pretty much what you would see in most mainstream European social democratic parties.

If they did this I wouldn't vote Labour again. Labour would be declaring that they are actively opposed to left wing politics.

Same here. It will just prove that "New" Labour have moved so far to the right that they no longer represent a genuine left of centre alternative to the Tories.
    The only reason to vote for this new version of a Labour party would be if the Tories lurched to far right, and I can't imagine them being that stupid.
    Maybe it's time for a split and change of names ? A lot of Liberals are further left than Liz Kendall. But for the Liberals someone like Danny Alexander would have been totally comfortable in a moderate Tory party. No wonder the electorate are confused.