talkFORUM.org refugee thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas to all TalkForum ex-pats, I'll wish you the same thing over there the next time I care to join you! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Maybe this will become our permanent home... :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    debut wrote:
    Maybe this will become our permanent home... :(

:(

Bunch of Sabotage Experts in there trying to destroy it. One Saboteur has only one post (Luce) I smell a rat :cry:

Merry Christmas Refugee's
    Forum Member
    I thought exactly the same thing...
  • hiawathahiawatha Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've heard all of the Talkforum members will be looking fo a new home if the some idiots don't learn how to post correctly.
    At least on here there are none of the disgraceful posts as used to appear on the talkforum, which were abusive verbal attacks on presenters families.
    Thank goodness for Digi spy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone ,
    seems like a section of the "newer posters" over on t.f are just trying to cause enough aggro to get it shut down , it looks bloody obvious from this side , but i don't suppose there is much Alex etc. can do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Talkforum is dead to be honest with you all because of a few irresponsible posters and a presenter who is over sensitive to criticism.

To be honest i'm not really interested in listening to Talksport if this is how they treat their listeners.

From now on Radio 5 will be my speech radio station of choice.
    Forum Member
    We cannot allow it to happen, talksport towers would miss spying on us for starters!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    There is no more than 6 idiots/sabotuers at talkFORUM, if they were banned that would be the end of the problem, especially for the Admins who I sympythise greatly with.

I listen to 5Live from 10am weekdays now, and back for H&J.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    ToRmAtO wrote:
    There is no more than 6 idiots/sabotuers at talkFORUM, if they were banned that would be the end of the problem, especially for the Admins who I sympythise greatly with.

Why not ban them then? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    hiawatha wrote:
    From what I've heard all of the Talkforum members will be looking fo a new home if the some idiots don't learn how to post correctly.
    At least on here there are none of the disgraceful posts as used to appear on the talkforum, which were abusive verbal attacks on presenters families.
    Thank goodness for Digi spy

With due respect Hiawatha, you say that as if it's the majority of the posters on TalkForum who are responsible for "the disgraceful posts".

I would say that this is very far from the truth - in my opion the vast majority of posters on TalkForum make decent, constructive posts, and it's only a minority of idiots that most liberally-moderated forums attract who post this kind of bile and spoil it for the rest.

I've noticed that most of those who post "abusive verbal attacks" over there come from faceless newly register users who contribute nothing by talkSPORT-bashing.

I would say that well over 90% of the established TalkForum members are constructive, intellengent people, making it one of the best forum's I've come accross.

Out of interest Hiawatha, as I've noticed you criticise TalkForum on a few occasions now - are you/have you ever been registered on it? If so, what was your username and do you still post these days?
    ToRmAtO wrote:

That is exactly what I'd do - there is one very simple and basic rule that the Admins have put in place, and if people explicitly and continually break it then the Mod squad should just suspend their account as those on other boards would do.

I'm not one for banning people, but if this is what it takes to keep TalkForum in buisness, then I'm all for it.
  • hiawathahiawatha Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said some idiots,I didn't mean the majority who I'm sure are as reasonable as your good self.
    It was the obsession with slagging off (well over the top)
    one particular presenter that I can't follow.
    It seems to have got the forum into some bother now and people are complaining.
    I can't read that forum now ,not being registered but I used to occasionally look in and most people were OK.

Some should have been banned and are spoiling it for the majority.
    Hope it keeps open for your sake ,you seem a reasonable person.
    Cheers
  • BazzieBazzie Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've noticed that most of those who post "abusive verbal attacks" over there come from faceless newly register users who contribute nothing by talkSPORT-bashing.

That may be the case with the anti-G posts, but racist and anti-semitic vitriol has been going on for a long time and does nothing to encourage constructive discussion about the station.
  • airfixairfix Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hiawatha wrote:
    It was the obsession with slagging off (well over the top)
    one particular presenter that I can't follow.

Cheers

To be honest. Gaunt made things worse by telling his 'fans' where the TF site was and asking them to register and voice support for him.

That said, the attack on his family was inexcusable but we all got tarred with the same brush and that's what has peed me off.
    Forum Member

That is exactly what I'd do - there is one very simple and basic rule that the Admins have put in place, and if people explicitly and continually break it then the Mod squad should just suspend their account as those on other boards would do.

I'm not one for banning people, but if this is what it takes to keep TalkForum in buisness, then I'm all for it.

I sent a PM to Alex yesterday suggesting the very same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I'm a long-time lurker at TalkForum.

I missed the attack on his family that started the row, although I undertstand (from respectable posters there and as mentioned by airfix above) that it was out of order.

What pees me off is the disproportional response. JG presumably demanded a complete blanket prohibition on him being mentioned at all on that forum (absolute, implied or otherwise), which was granted.

However, it seems this concession was not reciprocated, as it is well known that JG refers to the forum on a fairly regular basis, and to some posters there by their forum name. Whilst that does not actually equate to calling them by their real name, it still sets them up for attacks by JG supporters who have recently joined that forum in order to create further trouble for the forum owners, to the extent that they are now close to closing it.

It seems that once again the bully will win.
    Forum Member
    Good post Granite. Share some more views on the forum. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Hi all ... Shame about what's happening and that people are pushing it.
    Forum Member
    Panbaams wrote:
    Hi all ... Shame about what's happening and that people are pushing it.

Pan - We could end up on that 'Comedy' site :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't help matters much by winding people up (bye then) panbaams.

You could perhaps consider what will happen to the place when all the decent posters have left. That's two gone today already.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't get is what possible legal action do people think can be taken?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None Aaron. It's all gas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debut wrote:
    Pan - We could end up on that 'Comedy' site :eek:

TF is already become a comedy site.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    airfix wrote:
    You don't help matters much by winding people up (bye then) panbaams.

Honestly not meant as a wind-up but, given the circumstances, probably not my finest hour. So apologies.

Given how annoyed (just remembered, they don't like swearing here) Alex was in the "pull the plug" post, though, I think torquesport (is that you or are you Mr_B?) picked the wrong moment to question things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panbaams, thank you.

I simply asked why we are not being told the full story of why this person is unmentionable. We did not do anything wrong and it was the presenter involved who encouraged his fans to register on TF and cause more trouble.

As an adult, I would just like to know why I'm being told I can't do something. Saying "because" simply isn't good enough.

As far as my ban is concerned, to be honest I really don't care that much. The site isn't what it once was and I can't see it lasting much longer anyway. Not if the impression given is that Gaunt is allowed to continually dictate policy there.
This discussion has been closed.