Options

Toy story 3

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsters Inc 2 is out in 2010 as well. :yawn: Why can't they just do original films?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Monsters Inc 2 is out in 2010 as well. :yawn: Why can't they just do original films?

I think you're mistaken with that one. Imdb lists it with a very tentative 2012 date, but as there's no actual information on the page i don't think anything's been officially announced.

Also, it seems that TS3 has taken £21 Million in the UK:eek: Not sure whether that's just this weekend or all of last week too (i'm thinking it must be the latter), but either way it's impressive.
  • Options
    tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Why should they? Toy story 2 and 3 were both awesome so they have proved these aren't just cheap cash ins.

Cars 2 is justified by the sheer demand for it, it's an absolute behemoth as a series.

They are still making new IP's as well I just hope Newt gets made.
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're doing Cars 2, then Newt and then Monsters Inc 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Also, it seems that TS3 has taken £21 Million in the UK:eek: Not sure whether that's just this weekend or all of last week too (i'm thinking it must be the latter), but either way it's impressive.

I think TS3 just came out this weekend in the UK
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amandah27 wrote: »
    I think TS3 just came out this weekend in the UK

But I saw it on Wednesday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it aswell did anyone spot Sid Phillips as the garbage guy with headphones :D:D

NOOOO, was it really? When we got home my brother was saying how they should have put Sid in the film somewhere! I'm gonna have to look for that when it comes out on DVD! :D
    PeteJB wrote: »
    But I saw it on Wednesday

It came out on Monday in the UK!

I really LOVED this film. Although I am kinda sad its come to an end. I was about 5 I think when the first film came out so I did grow up watching these films. I mean I had the first two on video and I saw them SO many times that I literally know the entire script!

So yeah I found the ending quite emotional! Especially when Andy was reluctant to give Woody away, but then it was nice all the things he said about each toy!

Awesome film in my opinion and I really just hope that Disney/Pixar aren't blown away by the amount of money this one makes and just leave the trilogy as it is. I will not be impressed if they make a part 4 with Bonnie as the kid instead of Andy.

I also loved the fact that there was so many older teens/adults watching it without any kids! :D Although I'm a year or so older than Andy so I feel like its my time to grow up now as he has done, LOL!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I thought it was great, I cried twice and I would see it again. But the first film is still my favourite. Wouldn't see it in 3D again though it wasn't all that good. When I saw Street Dance 3D it was much better effects really popped out at you, but Toy Story didn't so much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeteJB wrote: »
    I think they're doing Cars 2, then Newt and then Monsters Inc 2

Newt has been shelved indefinitely. It's Cars 2 in 2011, then Brave (originally The Bear and the Bow, I think) and Monsters Inc 2 in 2012.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a 9pm screening so there weren't any kids in the audience but there were a lot of sniffling adults and more than one who were actually sobbing. I was quite grateful for the 3D glasses at the end even though it wasn't very 3D :D
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think they would register FindingNemo2.com regardless of whether it was made or not. Stops anyone else from getting hold of it, right?
    Bingo.

They're just covering their bases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankee wrote: »
    I thought it was great, I cried twice and I would see it again. But the first film is still my favourite. Wouldn't see it in 3D again though it wasn't all that good. When I saw Street Dance 3D it was much better effects really popped out at you, but Toy Story didn't so much.

That's because the actual content in the film had depth rather than just what you were looking at. TS3 wasn't a 'made for 3D viewing' film, it's just that the technology was available and the marketing side of things decided to go to town on advertising the fact that it was being shown in 3D. The title shouldn'tve read 'Toy Story 3 3D,' it should've simply been 'Toy Story 3' - with a side note saying it was showing in 2D and 3D :) ... but then less people would pay money to see it, of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Great references to the first two films though story was very much along the lines of TS2 with the power crazed prospector et al.

Cried at the end - more than I should have probably!

My five year old absolutely broke her heart at the end, bless :cry:
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    What a dull, boring film!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a dull, boring film!

i think you're one in a minority there, pal.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I was just going to say that too.. but each to their own and all that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think you're one in a minority there, pal.
    Really? Even the kids in the audience didn't seem to find it amusing. I was expecting rolling laughter; instead, I don't even hear a snigger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Even the kids in the audience didn't seem to find it amusing. I was expecting rolling laughter; instead, I don't even hear a snigger.

One of my friends just sent me a text about it and said:

"Fantastic! I want to watch it again! The atmosphere in the cinema was great too.....everyone was laughing and crying - never known that before."

That was my experience too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of my friends just sent me a text about it and said:

"Fantastic! I want to watch it again! The atmosphere in the cinema was great too.....everyone was laughing and crying - never known that before."

That was my experience too.
    Fair enough, glad you enjoyed it.

I stand by my original statement though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There were plenty of laughs when I saw it in the cinema and it was full of older people (teens/adults) rather than just young kids.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it!!!!

It had all the emotions - funny, charming and sad.

Plus, the beggining sequence was spectacular - especially when watching it in 3D.

The first Toy Story brings back many memories for me as a kid and I am so happy that the Toy Story sequel has lived up to its expectation.

One of the best films I watched at the cinema.
  • Options
    toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw it with my daughter one word brilliant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The beginning sequence was awesome and a fantastic reference to the original.
    This is a silly question, but when Andy says "Thanks guys" at the end did he kinda know all along the toys were alive or (I always thought this before) it was in his head? I think the thing is, they were special to him so they felt ALIVE to him :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it yesterday! Was sooo good! I haven't watched the first or second ones so I was a bit hesitant if I would understand it all but it wasn't really linked with anything from the first ones as I was told by my brother. He said I should still watch the first one though cos it was the best.

I got a Toy Story 3 Cup with a toy too. :o:D
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not even when Barbie threatened to rip Ken's Nehru jacket?

Ok just me then..... :o
    :D