DS Forums

Simpsons tapped out

Old 16-04-2015, 09:31
Pucky
Forum Member

I just noticed this today. I can't say it is a big loss. He had no tasks of this own, which I found odd. They could have just made him skate around town or something for 24 hours.
It's not TBH but I often put characters on 12 hour tasks and Krusty's original skin now has no 12 hour task! It's not a problem as I can use another skin but it was a bit annoying!

This event doesn't appear to have anything to gain from visiting neighbours...or perhaps it isn't active yet?
Maybe, perhaps it'll happen once the task has got a bit further in - I've noticed that there's nearly 40 days left!
Pucky is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 16-04-2015, 09:40
Gogfumble
Forum Member

From what I have read there will be a neighbour element. Not sure when it is activated though.

I am sure I will figure it out soon but having trouble getting my head round all the bits of this event so far.
Gogfumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 15:40
BastardBeaver
Forum Member

I don't really understand how you get the little corn looking things to upgrade my building?!
BastardBeaver is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 16:37
Blofeld
Forum Member

I don't really understand how you get the little corn looking things to upgrade my building?!
Me neither but I upgraded to level 2 earlier!

Based on what's on offer in this first part I'm not that interested in the prizes if I'm being honest.
Blofeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 17:00
Tyyleer
Forum Member

I'm finding this event too confusing, too much going on and it's not clear how to get everything. Apart from the old simpsons house, i'm really not fussed about getting any of these prizes or crafting ones.
Tyyleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 19:27
EStaffs90
Forum Member

From what I have read there will be a neighbour element. Not sure when it is activated though.
The neighbour element will come once you complete a quest called "Chaos She-ory Pt 1" - but this comes a little bit into the storyline. (I'm not sure how far, as I didn't get it started until last night, and I didn't play it at all when it started.)
EStaffs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2015, 20:41
Rob1985
Forum Member

I am addicted to this game!
Rob1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 19:27
BastardBeaver
Forum Member

What do I do with/where do I find the fertiliser once I have won it?
BastardBeaver is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 13:47
Blofeld
Forum Member

I'm getting in to it a bit more now, having won the Simpsons Farm (although no tasks appear to be associated with it yet).

I am torn between saving up my Corn/Fertiliser/Shovels for the craft items (which seem to have ridiculously high thresholds) or just upgrading my Monsaro building to allow more of my town to do tasks.

What are you all doing?
Old 20-04-2015, 17:55
Tyyleer
Forum Member

I'm getting in to it a bit more now, having won the Simpsons Farm (although no tasks appear to be associated with it yet).

I am torn between saving up my Corn/Fertiliser/Shovels for the craft items (which seem to have ridiculously high thresholds) or just upgrading my Monsaro building to allow more of my town to do tasks.

What are you all doing?
I've upgraded to the max level which is level 7. I'd recommend doing this as a large amount of characters can now earn corn/fertilisers and when you reach level 7 they earn double what they earn before.. And you get two Monsaro buildings (level 5 and 7 i think? can't remember exactly).

So now i'm going to focus on crafting items which have a ridiculous high item requirement and hopefully by the time phase 2 starts they will actually have some decent items to craft as I don't really like any of them currently (Farmers Market is okay but not fussed if I don't get it).
Old 21-04-2015, 09:00
heyrehair
Forum Member

Stacking up resources to get the farmers market now. Seems like a long grind.

Anyone else getting the Upgrade icon for Monsarno research level 7, but unable to upgrade yet? Presume we have to wait til Act 2, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch.
heyrehair is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 10:17
Gogfumble
Forum Member

Stacking up resources to get the farmers market now. Seems like a long grind.

Anyone else getting the Upgrade icon for Monsarno research level 7, but unable to upgrade yet? Presume we have to wait til Act 2, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch.
Yep I'm getting that too. I presumed the same.
Old 21-04-2015, 19:39
EStaffs90
Forum Member

Nope - that's intentional. (According to the TSTO Addicts blog, anyway.)

In other news - I'm loving the new Mystery Box items: the last two I've got both contained 30 doughnuts. (Admittedly, I've still got more than 10K of the ones I got last year, but still...)
Old 22-04-2015, 18:53
EStaffs90
Forum Member

Haven't had one of these for a while.

Also: Mr Teeny has returned as a playable character (and with tasks that don't need Krusty).
Old 24-04-2015, 09:00
heyrehair
Forum Member

There's a glitch doing the rounds on the web - I've tried it this morning and it works:

As soon as you have completed one of Cecilís daily tasks, after you tap on the thumb icon and before you get taken to Cecil to collect your currency, click on your friends icon. Then go into one of your friends towns and youíll get the reward. Go back to your town, and youíll get the reward again.
heyrehair is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 19:37
Tyyleer
Forum Member

Is it just me or has the payout for Cecil's tasks changed? I'm now getting 150 spades for tasks 2, 3 and 4!?
Old 30-04-2015, 15:20
Blofeld
Forum Member

Mr Teeny now has tasks again, well 2. He can buy cigarettes for an hour or go for a walk with Krusty for 12 hours.
Old Yesterday, 04:32
JCR
Forum Member

Bit of a shame, Sideshow Bob's a mute. Guess they couldn't come to terms with Kelsey Grammer.
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:48
Blofeld
Forum Member

Has Bob become a playable character? I don't see him yet.

On another note. I'm making my way through certain parts of this event, for example I have 3 extra Monsaro buildings now as well as the Farm and the Prison. I've also got a high level on the pesticide sprayer.

However when it comes to the farmers market, can fields and that stuff, I've got nothing as I keep spending the items on upgrading buildings.
Old Yesterday, 18:27
Pucky
Forum Member

Has Bob become a playable character? I don't see him yet.
I don't have him yet either.

On another note. I'm making my way through certain parts of this event, for example I have 3 extra Monsaro buildings now as well as the Farm and the Prison. I've also got a high level on the pesticide sprayer.

However when it comes to the farmers market, can fields and that stuff, I've got nothing as I keep spending the items on upgrading buildings.
I'm exactly the same, I keep saying I'll "save" for the farmers market and other stuff but I haven't so far!!
Pucky is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:32
Gogfumble
Forum Member

You get Bob when you have finished the act 2 quest line. I got confused as I think you need 2 characters to activate a part of it and I kept sending them off to do jobs so they weren't always free at the same time.